Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Companion App

Man this would be cool. Be able to manage rosters, make trades, etc from your mobile device. Any thoughts?
CField17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=287393
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
CField17
Minors (Double A)

not exactly what I was talking about, but hey thanks anyways! I meant one that you could connect with your PC version
Old 08-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

How is that even supposed to work? The save game is stored locally on the PC and the save files in this game can easily go into the gigabytes. Hooray, the Generation Mobile Device, not thinking for three seconds before posting.

Get a laptop, put the game on there, take your laptop with you. All problems solved.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #5
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I agree that it would be cool. I do not know how it would function but if my mobile device acted as the interface and the game still ran on my cpu that would be exceptional.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:26 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it just has to access the files and be able to read it / process the data (hardware reqs / remote access). files stored elsewhere is certainly not an impediment for this. it's not a series of "tubes" like the old senator said as he looked bat-s%#$ crazy.

i'm not a fan fo 20 people in a room staring at their phones together, but that's hardly important here, lol. i'm not inferring anything about your intelligence for not understanding the digital age. that would just be just as rude.

Last edited by NoOne; 08-10-2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added needed 'not' - freudian slip? should be called "Fraudian" what a terrible shrink he was
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:36 AM   #7
Kbos
Bat Boy

How can i do it?
Kbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:36 AM   #8
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Add a remote control app on your mobile device remote into your pc that has OOTP installed. Profit?
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:48 AM   #9
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Mobile app

And to think ppl still asking questions and/or having concerns if the game will have up to date trade deadline rosters corrected. Left foot 1st, then right, left, right.....
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:56 AM   #10
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
How is that even supposed to work? The save game is stored locally on the PC and the save files in this game can easily go into the gigabytes. Hooray, the Generation Mobile Device, not thinking for three seconds before posting.

Get a laptop, put the game on there, take your laptop with you. All problems solved.
Ha thanks for sarcastic unproductive reply! You’re awesome!

I all would want to do is edit/view rosters, make trades etc. oh well, a pipe dream I guess!

Last edited by CField17; 08-09-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #11
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CField17 View Post

I all would want to do is edit/view rosters, make trades etc. oh well, a pipe dream I guess!
I guess I don't see how this would make the PC version of the game better...it's not like the game runs in real time like a Fantasy League would. If you were sitting at work, school, in the car or on the couch and had an idea of a trade you wanted to make, why couldn't you just wait til you got home to make the moves? I mean, maybe if you were in an Online League, but even then the sims are usually done on certain days of the week and you would have to upload your file for the Commish to process it....so maybe that would be the use?

Plus with them already developing and offering a mobile version of the game, what would be so different about just buying that version? A companion app just does not sound like a good use of their time....unless someone developed it independently....but I personally don't see how this could enhance a PC game....but I am old school, so maybe that's it.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #12
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

Easy now, this type of comment isn't helping anyone. There are better ways to explain why the suggestion likely isn't possible without being demeaning.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #13
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
I guess I don't see how this would make the PC version of the game better...it's not like the game runs in real time like a Fantasy League would. If you were sitting at work, school, in the car or on the couch and had an idea of a trade you wanted to make, why couldn't you just wait til you got home to make the moves? I mean, maybe if you were in an Online League, but even then the sims are usually done on certain days of the week and you would have to upload your file for the Commish to process it....so maybe that would be the use?

Plus with them already developing and offering a mobile version of the game, what would be so different about just buying that version? A companion app just does not sound like a good use of their time....unless someone developed it independently....but I personally don't see how this could enhance a PC game....but I am old school, so maybe that's it.
Wait? Pfff. This is the age of instant gratification!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:20 AM   #14
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Wait? Pfff. This is the age of instant gratification!
Maybe that's why they made the mobile version?
Old 08-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #15
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Easy now, this type of comment isn't helping anyone. There are better ways to explain why the suggestion likely isn't possible without being demeaning.
Agreed. But also, I doubt this is actually impossible at all. (As NoOne indicated above.) I'm not terribly tech savvy but my understanding is that remote access to files and programs on ones home computer is nothing terribly new or revolutionary. Now, whether it is a high priority for the developers would be another question altogether.
But this 53-year old who didn't even have a smart phone until a few years ago doesn't see this request as being indicative of any generational failings or as being all that unreasonable. Actually, I rather like the idea.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #16
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There is a huge game market where people play a larger and long running game in 3-10 minute increments. I have a game on my phone called Clash of Clans. I play for 3 minutes and bail out, come back play bail out. There is a market for this, as the OOTP mobile app show (I am assuming it is turning a profit for them) shows. The CPU game is much more robust. I think the idea is to find a way to have the fullness? of the CPU game but an easily mobile interface because mobile technology does not have the memory power to run the full OOTP CPU game.

The technical side of things is loaded with pot hole and land mines but the idea has some merit.

Last edited by TGH-Adfabre; 08-09-2018 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Literacy Plus
TGH-Adfabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #17
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Maybe that's why they made the mobile version?
Go Rockets! I live in Sylvania, OH, was just in Rocky River last month for work!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #18
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
There is a huge game market where people play a larger and long running game in 3-10 minute increments. I have a game on my phone called Clash of Clans. I play for 3 minutes and bail out, come back play bail out. There is a market for this, as the OOTP mobile app show (I am assuming it is turning a profit for them) shows. The CPU game is much more robust. I think the idea is to find a way to have the fullness? of the CPU game but an easily mobile interface because mobile technology does not have the memory power to run the full OOTP CPU game.

The technical side of things is loaded with pot hole and land mines but the idea has some merit.
Like I said, I am old (school) and like sitting in front of the PC when playing
Old 08-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #19
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Go Rockets! I live in Sylvania, OH, was just in Rocky River last month for work!
Go Rockets! I spent 1993 to 1997 in good old UT....man that place has changed, was up there a couple years ago for a football game and I did not recognize the campus.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #20
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Like I said, I am old (school) and like sitting in front of the PC when playing
It is my preference also, the mobile apps on my phone have adjusted me a bit though.