Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #181
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Is there an official announcement on when the official announcement will be made?
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #182
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
I've visited about 10 stadiums now and, outside of Fenway, K.C.'s was my favorite.
have you ever been to PNC Park in Pitt? I have been to about 25 stadiums, and still think PNC is the best. The one thing we did right in Pitt. Wish they would of taken the same care with Heinz Field and PPG Paints Arena.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #183
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialism32 View Post
Is there an official announcement on when the official announcement will be made?

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #184
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw3000 View Post
have you ever been to PNC Park in Pitt? I have been to about 25 stadiums, and still think PNC is the best. The one thing we did right in Pitt. Wish they would of taken the same care with Heinz Field and PPG Paints Arena.
Not that one yet. Went to AT&T (Giants) and The Coliseum (A's) a few months ago, tho. Night and day experiences at those two places for sure!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:34 PM   #185
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I did wonder that myself, although I figured the cost might be prohibitive. It's worth getting a quote though I guess.
Nothing to lose by asking. Plus, for OOTP's purposes, the software could be much simpler. There's no need to factor in stadium availability, preferred dates, arranging ideal sequences of away visits, etc. Removing those sorts of requirements means many more schedules would be an acceptable output, as opposed to real-world leagues which need much more precision with many more factors to balance.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:40 AM   #186
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
OOTP20, we'll see.

On fence.
Actually mine will be a no this time.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #187
TwinsGuy11
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
I've visited about 10 stadiums now and, outside of Fenway, K.C.'s was my favorite.
Haha Fenway and Wrigley are my least favorites. Cool to see but man they are crapholes.

Have you been to Target Field? It has been a great place to watch bad baseball this decade
TwinsGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #188
redranger
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
I think it was some interactive exhibit at Royals Stadium... I *think*....

https://www.commarts.com/project/227...r-own-ballpark

Interesting. Shows one of the developers is Matt Arnold. Is that THE OOTP Matt Arnold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #189
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger View Post
Interesting. Shows one of the developers is Matt Arnold. Is that THE OOTP Matt Arnold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, there are apparently a few of us out there, even in similar fields.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #190
loyd_moseby
Bat Boy

Can't wait Markus! I can't believe it's been 20 years!! Congrats and i hope it continues for 20 more years!
loyd_moseby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #191
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsGuy11 View Post
Haha Fenway and Wrigley are my least favorites. Cool to see but man they are crapholes.

Have you been to Target Field? It has been a great place to watch bad baseball this decade
Oh, yeah. They're not fancy in the least but that's part of the charm, to me, at least. Nothing like the concourse at Fenway.

Not Target yet, no.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:25 PM   #192
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I just had a look at the Optimal Planning Solutions website, and it seems to have largely cornered the market on scheduling for professional sports leagues. In terms of North American clients, these include MLB, MLS, and NFL, while overseas clients include Australian Football League, National Rugby League, and Scottish Premier League.

I wonder if it might be worth a try for OOTP to contact them to see if it might be possible to have a stripped down, simplified schedule creation software version made for use by the game, particularly since OOTP is associated with MLB and is a licensee.

ETA: Just found this article on SI.com about the creation of the NFL's 2017 schedule.
Are you familiar with how the SPL's season/schedule works, LGO? It's kinda crazy.

It's a 12 team league. They play a triple round robin, for 33 games/team, and then they split the league in half between the top six and the bottom six, and play a five game round robin within their split:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A season, which runs from August until May, is divided into two phases. During the first phase, each club plays three games against every other team, either once at home and twice away or vice versa. After this first phase of matches, by which time all clubs have played 33 games, the league splits into two halves - a 'top six' section and a 'bottom six' section. Each club proceeds to play a further five matches, one against each of the other five teams in their own section. Points achieved during the first phase of 33 matches are carried forward to the second phase, but the teams compete only within their own sections during the second phase. After the first phase is completed, clubs cannot move out of their own half in the league, even if they achieve more or fewer points than a higher or lower ranked team, respectively.

At the beginning of each season, the SPFL 'predicts' the likely positions of each club in order to produce a fixture schedule that ensures the best possible chance of all clubs playing each other twice at home and twice away. This is known as the league seeding and is based on clubs' performance in the previous season.[5] If the clubs do not finish in the half where they are predicted to finish, then anomalies can be created in the fixture list. Clubs sometimes play another three times at home and once away (or vice versa),[5][6] or a club can end up playing 20 home (or away) games in a season.[7]
It'd be fun to be able to do this in OOTP. Personally, I think that the NBA should adopt a similar system with three different splits, but that's probably a topic for another day.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #193
Silverbullet
Minors (Single A)

Ootp 20

I have every OOTP BB Game since OOTP 1.
I am looking forward to OOTP 20
Old 02-18-2019, 03:29 PM   #194
Galeg
Major Leagues

Hope we get some news soon. I'm so ready to get back into some OOTP.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #195
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
Are you familiar with how the SPL's season/schedule works, LGO? It's kinda crazy.

It's a 12 team league. They play a triple round robin, for 33 games/team, and then they split the league in half between the top six and the bottom six, and play a five game round robin within their split:

It'd be fun to be able to do this in OOTP. Personally, I think that the NBA should adopt a similar system with three different splits, but that's probably a topic for another day.
I've not looked at what European football does in a long time in regards to playoff formats.

The SPL system isn't really a playoff format, it's an adjusted/flexible regular season schedule format. I've had a few simple ideas for additions to OOTP's regular season schedule file structure, but to accommodate the SPL format would require additions beyond those. I'd have to think about it, but it should be possible to do an SPL-style season with the right changes — and if Markus and crew decided to implement them.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:05 PM   #196
birdsofprey02
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
I have every OOTP BB Game since OOTP 1.
I am looking forward to OOTP 20

I’ve switched to mobile in recent years because well... kids careeer and life happens. Got a new laptop tho, might be primed for a fresh game.

I think my first copy was ootp2, and I was in college and now here I am checking out OOTP 20.

Glad you’re still doing your thing Markus and team!
Old 02-19-2019, 05:27 PM   #197
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
May I ask why no pre-order and no typical pre order discount for Steam?

I have no issue buying the e-sellrate version and getting a Steam version later.
And it may be an issue with finances and Steams cut of the revenue. But this sudden change of sales tactic is a bit surprising.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #198
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
May I ask why no pre-order and no typical pre order discount for Steam?

I have no issue buying the e-sellrate version and getting a Steam version later.
And it may be an issue with finances and Steams cut of the revenue. But this sudden change of sales tactic is a bit surprising.
Pretty sure Markus posted that there was no need for a pre-order this year because PT made enough money to cover the bills that the pre-order usually covers.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #199
Galeg
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Pretty sure Markus posted that there was no need for a pre-order this year because PT made enough money to cover the bills that the pre-order usually covers.

Still feels like maybe there should be some marketing or something by now.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #200
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeg View Post
Still feels like maybe there should be some marketing or something by now.
It's been 4 weeks since he said the official announcement is coming in 4-5 weeks. I'd guess either Friday or Monday.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote