Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM Update, Version 4.7.80, Now Available

A new update for Franchise Hockey Manager 4, version 4.7.80, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

This will be the final update for FHM4, barring any critical issues that require a small hotfix update in the future. It includes the final stage of the tactical role/line AI changes that have spanned the last couple of updates, updates the rosters to include the moves made at the NHL trading deadline, and a number of other changes. The tactics changes in particular may have a significant impact on your current games, so it'd be a good idea to take a close look at the strategy screen after you update.

We'll now transition over to beginning work on FHM5, but we'll still be monitoring our forums and Facebook (FranchiseHockeyManager), Twitter (@FranchiseHockey), and subreddit (reddit.com/r/FranchiseHockey) on a daily basis, answering questions and offering help as needed, so if you have any problems or suggestions, please let us know. Thanks for your continued support, and we look forward to a showing you the new things we're planning for FHM5 in the coming months.

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

Changes and Additions:

-database updated as of NHL trade deadline, many other minor changes and cleanup work also done, including expanding and improving draftable players eligible for the 2019-2021 NHL drafts
-significantly adjusted tactical role fit score calculations - you'll see a significant decrease in the number of players getting 5 as a fit score for a particular role. This may also result in significant shifts in which tactics are suitable for a team (with many players at the maximum score last time, it made it a little more difficult to distinguish what was best, since it was easier for players to fit more tactics.) If you're continuing a save, you may want to check the suitability ratings of your current tactics and consider shifting to something else (if not immediately, then in the offseason) if your current tactics don't look like such a good fit anymore
-historical games started in 2009 will no longer crash during setup
-potential crash on July 2 fixed
-fixed blank player name appearing in the depth chart top prospect list
-trade value of players who are in their last allowed year in a league (i.e. overagers in the CHL) is now set to nothing after that season ends, so they can't be traded to the AI in return for players/picks that are actually worth something during the weeks between the end of the playoffs and the beginning of a new season on July 1
-newly-created players edited to an AI-run team will no longer be stuck wearing #0 despite their preferences, they'll get a number assigned automatically upon being added to the team
-the icon for the All-Star game "award" on the player screen will now update properly to show the correct total number of ASG's the player has been in, and will give their years accurately
-players will no longer occasionally be submitted to the waiver list twice when waived, potentially leading to multiple claims
-players deleted from the database (e.g. as duplicates) should no longer appear in the game as nameless retired players
-NHL playoffs from 28-29 to 37-38 will no longer put the #1 team in the Canadian division in the spot belonging to the #3 team from that division in the opening series, in addition to its own regular spot against the American division winner, occasionally leading to the same team playing itself later in the playoffs (and the series consequently not being played)
-the Team Info screen should no longer crash due to retired number errors (the errors themselves will be fixed, but this should prevent future crashes when something goes wrong when they're edited in)
-the user's news subscriptions should update to his new league when his team is promoted or relegated
-fixed incorrect first pair defenceman role requirement for the offensive tactics "Stay in Your Lanes!" and "The Funnel"
-goalie of the year award (and postseason all-star team goalie selection) formula changed to reduce importance of shutouts and add save percentage weighting
-NHL entry-level player contracts for 18-19-year-old players should now slide properly if the player plays in the AHL or ECHL (possible if he's drafted from Europe/NCAA) and doesn't play 10 NHL games that season
-custom league expansion drafts now use the default NHL expansion draft eligibility rules rather than making all players, even rookies and just-drafted players, eligible
-fixed possible crash with a particular custom league setup
-fixed issue where AI had trouble building lines for small rosters (e.g. early historical) if several dual forward/defencemen-type players were present
-fixed issue where the load game screen would show a save with the name ".", and deleting that would remove all the contents of the save folder
-starting point totals in second stage of Suomi-Sarja season should now be carried over from the first stage
-corrected problem where a Stanley Cup win in early historical years may not be credited properly in end of season results and achievements
-storylines that create player injuries should no longer trigger the news story for an off-ice injury as well as their own news item, leading to two different descriptions of how the injury occurred
-when managing and international team, all tactics will no longer show a suitability of 5
-players in a league's main nation should now never be considered foreigners, even if their team is based elsewhere
-fixed issue with play-by-play events on the in-ggme screen for away teams not being shown on correct side
-fixed issue where AHL developmental player rules were still being applied to teams after their season ended, preventing a user-run AHL team from advancing if some of his younger players went on international duty
-top goalie/postseason all-star goalie formula added a qualifier to eliminate from consideration goalies who didn't play many games
-fixed issue that could result in user in GM-only game moving into GM/Coach mode despite still having a head coach on his team
-fixed rare issue where a player could be assigned to a under-19 farm team despite being well over the age limit
-fixed potential crash in early September when user has become unemployed in recent months
-AHL captains will no longer need to be re-chosen if one of them passes through NHL waivers at the start of a new season
-fixed trade proposal PM so it doesn't call the buttons below the message "the controls above."
-custom league with 16-team playoffs should now give home advantage to the higher seed correctly in later rounds
-the playoff screen in the historical years the NHL is using the 1v3 and 2v4 system should now label the seeds correctly
-minor text and grammar fixes

Last edited by JeffR; 02-23-2022 at 03:44 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
Amono
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Awesome work guys!!
Amono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Excited for the future of FHM and whats in store for the next version!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Getting error message "website is offline" "ERROR 504
Gateway time-out
CDN77 server haven't received a timely response from origin server."

Anybody else???

It's working now
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
geoffetheridge
Bat Boy

I'm getting a 404 Not Found error message on the PC download.

*Fixed

Last edited by geoffetheridge; 03-06-2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Update on error
geoffetheridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #6
Chomps
Major Leagues

After installing the new patch, and then starting a new Standard Game, I am unable to select Commissioner Mode or change most of the Team Control Settings.

My manager profile shows that I am GM/Head Coach.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:57 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

It sounds like you may have accidentally started in Challenge mode - try setting up another one and see if it does the same thing. Switching into commissioner mode is definitely working on both versions of the game (Steam/eSellerate) I have installed here.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:06 AM   #8
Chomps
Major Leagues

Thank you. I just played a game and the score was 0 - 3, however, the goalie stats for the losing goalie only showed 2 GA.

Only one goalie was listed.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #9
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Thank you. I just played a game and the score was 0 - 3, however, the goalie stats for the losing goalie only showed 2 GA.

Only one goalie was listed.
Probably an empty net goal for the 3rd goal

beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Probably an empty net goal for the 3rd goal

I guess that is the case here.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #11
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Will this update be posted to the App Store for Mac? I had bought the game from there and tried updating from the Mac installer link in the post but it didn't recognize the game as licensed and asked for the license key (which I don't have/can't find) so I'm guessing that isn't way for me to go about updating the game.
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:38 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, the Mac store update is separate from the eSellerate one which is linked above. Updates to Apple Store software have to be approved by Apple before becoming available (unlike, say, Steam, where it's up as soon as we're ready), so there's sometimes a bit of a delay before that happens, although it's usually not this long. As far as I know we haven't been told there's a problem, but I'll check on it.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #13
croatian
All Star Starter

Dont want to open new thread so I will post it here, I can't find ex-winners of CHL (Champions hockey league), nor stats screen for CHL. Only groups and PO seeds when I click on "Champions hockey league". Can this be added in future update ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:20 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's difficult to do history for the club team tournaments right now because of the way they're incorporated into the interface, as part of the leagues that participate in them. We're looking at making some major UI changes in FHM5, so we'll probably find a better way to handle that.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #15
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Are there likely to be another update before FHM5 comes out with some of the issues that have popped up since last patch?
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:41 PM   #16
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
Are there likely to be another update before FHM5 comes out with some of the issues that have popped up since last patch?
Yes.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:06 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, just working on ironing out a stubborn, rare interface crash bug first. Sebastian thinks he may have it fixed, though, so hopefully we'll have it out soon.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #18
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, the Mac store update is separate from the eSellerate one which is linked above. Updates to Apple Store software have to be approved by Apple before becoming available (unlike, say, Steam, where it's up as soon as we're ready), so there's sometimes a bit of a delay before that happens, although it's usually not this long. As far as I know we haven't been told there's a problem, but I'll check on it.
Still not available on the App Store and I seem to be running into the bug that won't let me advance to July 2. Any idea when the update will be available on the App Store?
Old 04-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #19
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstepanian View Post
Still not available on the App Store and I seem to be running into the bug that won't let me advance to July 2. Any idea when the update will be available on the App Store?
Apparently there was some issue with the 4.7.80 submission to them and we need to re-do it. But we've made additional changes since then, and at the moment the current build of the game's not stable enough to release. We think we've got the issue that's causing problems fixed, though, so we'll likely be able to get an update out very soon, and the Apple store version will get that one as well.

We should have a look at your save, though, in case it's a problem we're not aware of yet that'll need to be fixed. Could you upload it?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #20
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Hi Jeff, I've uploaded the save as KirkS_Canadiens_July1.zip