Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #41
Hasta la vista pelota
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
So wouldnt that be every laptop and youre saying the game wont look right regardless of what laptop?

Or is it just having to get a 17" screen?
No one really answered this. Can we confirm that you must have at least a 17-inch monitor for the game to run (or be viewed) properly on a laptop?
Hasta la vista pelota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #42
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasta la vista pelota View Post
No one really answered this. Can we confirm that you must have at least a 17-inch monitor for the game to run (or be viewed) properly on a laptop?
Couple of versions ago I had a 15 inch screen and it was fine for me. When I was at home I would plug in my desktop monitor to it and use that instead. It was a little small and probably hard to read sometimes but it worked for me at the time. Moving up to the 17 inch was a big leap though and I could never go smaller again.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:25 PM   #43
cavebutter
All Star Starter

The last several versions have looked just fine to me on a 15-in Macbook retina.

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:43 PM   #44
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I can't speak for steam, but your OOTP License is good for two (2) copies, meaning you can run OOTP on 2 different computers at any given time.

You can also transfer your league between the 2 quite easily by copying your ".lg" folder.
imo, the one advantage I think Steam has is that I can install the same game on as many computers as I have Steam installed, so licenses aren't really an issue.

The disadvantage is that you can only be in online mode on Steam on one computer at a time, so if, say, I wanted to run two different leagues on two computers at the same time through my Steam install I'd have to be in offline mode on one to be able to do it (in theory, as I said in my last post, I haven't actually tested).

Clear as mud?

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report

Last edited by Izz; 03-08-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:54 AM   #45
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
imo, the one advantage I think Steam has is that I can install the same game on as many computers as I have Steam installed, so licenses aren't really an issue.

The disadvantage is that you can only be in online mode on Steam on one computer at a time, so if, say, I wanted to run two different leagues on two computers at the same time through my Steam install I'd have to be in offline mode on one to be able to do it (in theory, as I said in my last post, I haven't actually tested).

Clear as mud?
You can install the game on as many computers as you like, with or without Steam. You can only have it licensed on 2 at any given time.

Years ago, way way back, we used to get 3 licenses and I had 4 computers in my house. I installed the game on all 4. It was only licensed on 3 at any given time. If I wanted to use that computer, I unlicensed another and activated there.

Maybe a bit of extra work, but it's not like I was doing it all the time.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 03-09-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #46
walt526
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What matters is the resolution, not the screen size.

OOTP 18 can display as small as 1280x720 (16:9) or 1024x768 (4:3). Unless you're trying to run it on something pre-Windows 95 (in which case it won't run), you'll be able to run OOTP via one of the supported resolutions.
walt526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #47
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Yes, it does doesn't it! I bought a 2k monitor a few months ago. Ended up with this as my in game screen, it has everything

How did you get that screen ??? Can you please take a picture of the setup you have for that screen ???? Thanks
that's what I want to do

Last edited by r0nster; 03-11-2018 at 04:19 PM.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #48
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
How did you get that screen ??? that's what I want to do
I bought a 2k monitor that has resolution of 2560*1440. Without that my setup would not be possible.

Don't have time right now but next time I have the game open (probably tonight or tomorrow) I'll take a screen shot of the widget settings and post here.

I'll say this the games in progress scores with scoring updates down the right side is simply awesome. Both AL and NL have had tight races, division and wildcard, going down to the last 4 games of the season and it's been a blast being able to keep up while playing out my own games.

No more having to wait for the out of town scoreboard to cycle around to try to catch a score, it's just there Going to be doubly cool when my playoffs start.

I GM in the NL so this has made the game much more immersive as I am able to keep up much better with the AL. Races, players be it rookies or current stars etc. as scoring updates are in real time. Then there are the other tidbits that appear in the updates like players leaving games due to injury, or posting that someone has struck out 8 batters through 5 innings, or has 2 homers and 6 RBIs etc. etc. etc.

I can't imagine going back to anything less. Totally worth the price for OOTP alone let alone other things I use my computer for.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #49
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

thanks I appreciate it as I am looking forward to seeing how you did it. My new laptop has a screen resolution of 1920x 1080 on 15.6 screen
Old 03-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #50
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
thanks I appreciate it as I am looking forward to seeing how you did it. My new laptop has a screen resolution of 1920x 1080 on 15.6 screen
My last monitor was 1920*1080 and I have a screen shot of those settings. Here is the setup I used on it. Obviously not as nice but one can still jam a lot of info into it
Attached Images
Old 03-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #51
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

And here are my 2560*1440 settings...
Attached Images
Old 03-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #52
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

out of curiousity how did you get more than one out of town score widget on screen ??? I will take a picture (tomorrow) of my screen after inputting your numbers in to show you how it went for me

Last edited by r0nster; 03-11-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:22 PM   #53
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
out of curiousity how did you get more than one out of town score widget on screen ??? I will take a picture (tomorrow) of my screen after inputting your numbers in to show you how it went for me
Don't have game open right now but if I recall correctly there is just a + to expand the "normal" out of town scoreboard. Not sure why that line is blank in my screenshot. You'd think it would say "expanded"?
Old 03-12-2018, 09:37 PM   #54
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

As promised this is what I got
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #55
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Here's mine from the old monitor with the settings I posted...

I've always liked the left to right flow of this setup.
Attached Images
Old 03-14-2018, 07:19 AM   #56
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Here's mine from the old monitor with the settings I posted...

I've always liked the left to right flow of this setup.

I did make a couple changes to your screen setup as there were two widgets I don't use much however I did make use of the expansion of out of town widgets. Works GOOD .... I love my new laptop as it has shown me a few things I never knew was there. Boy am I glad I learned about the screen resolution. Its almost like getting OOTP18 again LOL.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #57
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
If I want to go and write. I take my Mac into Starbucks

Please tell me that your not writing a screenplay
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #58
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Please tell me that your not writing a screenplay
Mostly I've been writing short sketches over the past few months for the class I'm taking.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #59
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

playing with a laptop in your lap often is going to make you shoot blanks... (it'll kill your little gametes!)

so would extreme cold for x-minutes per day too, btw. Cheap birth control? it really does work, you can check on the biology. they don't do well outside a very specific range of temperature.

if you don't need portability... desktop hands down, all day and twice on sunday.

if you need portability - laptop.

you get 10x the hardware for th same price as a laptop.. enough said on that. also, you can make sure you get a hdmi out and hook it up to your 4k big-screen tv if you have one. or any other digital hd tv too.

wireless keyboard and mouse, and you can hide the tower behind your tv cabinent or in a corenr of room etc. this reduces noise too. just make sure it can get air for intake fans and fans blowing out have space too.

so, 10x the hardware for same $$$ and you can chill on your couch playing in comfort and not reducing your ability to procreate.

laptops are great too if you need portabilit.

oh and just put it together youself, don't buy a big box brand... stuff only fits in one slot.. a veritable dummy can do it nowadays. you can find numerous youtube videos too, i'd wager (not a youtube person but i hear how-to is common stuff to find).

otherwise you only get 5x what a laptop of same price has and you get junky components inside you have little choice about... you get exactly what you want putting it together.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-14-2018 at 11:04 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #60
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Honestly we've reached a point to where unless you're playing a lot of non-OOTP games most laptops you can buy now have the ability to to pretty much what you want with them. I bought a Mac laptop specifically because I didn't want to be tempted to put all kinds of games and crap on it but if you don't care about that you can get a pretty reasonable PC laptop for a few hundred dollars. It may be more expensive than a DIY desktop but, well, you do get to drop it in your backpack and take it with you wherever you go. That's kind of a key for me - often I'm very rarely at home except when I want to sleep and I'd rather have a computer around when I get an hour or two free in between projects at work or before a class.

YMMV of course but again, unless you're playing first person shooters or something a laptop that does the job is not generally going to be prohibitively expensive.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote