Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-04-2020, 06:14 PM   #1
yuazda
Minors (Single A)

Schedule Request: 26 Teams, 1 Subleague, 2 Divisions

Hi all, hoping someone may be able to help me with this one given there aren't many 26 team schedules I can find that are close to the setup I need.

The setup is one subleague of 26 teams, with two divisions of 13 teams each. The caveat is that the divisions are strictly window dressing so that I can have an all-star game, they have no function in my league otherwise. Otherwise I'm hoping for a balanced 162-game schedule that would effectively mimic a single 26-team division schedule with every team playing every other team in the subleague 6 times, and a handful of others 9 times to round it out.

Would love to avoid universal off days, and have an all-star game on the second Tuesday of July (my current schedule settings are: start_month="4" start_day="1" start_day_of_week="2" allstar_game_day="100)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

P.S. If anyone wanted to create a 28 team, 1 subleague with two 14 team divisions that'd be cool too (I'm starting expansion in my pro-rel association) but otherwise I can likely hack this 28 team, 1 subleague, 1 division of 28 teams schedule from the forums to get there)

Last edited by yuazda; 08-04-2020 at 06:15 PM.
yuazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:43 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

It seems obvious how to do this; the odd number of teams per "division" is slightly problematic, but with this schedule being mostly balanced, that isn't much of a concern.

I'll have a go at it this weekend.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:32 PM   #3
yuazda
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
It seems obvious how to do this; the odd number of teams per "division" is slightly problematic, but with this schedule being mostly balanced, that isn't much of a concern.

I'll have a go at it this weekend.
Great thank you!
Old 08-09-2020, 11:31 PM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Obvious thing I forgot to ask: are you fine having some matchups be 7 games instead of 6 or 9, to allow the season to fit into the MLB calendar?
Old 08-10-2020, 10:10 PM   #5
yuazda
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Obvious thing I forgot to ask: are you fine having some matchups be 7 games instead of 6 or 9, to allow the season to fit into the MLB calendar?
Yes, absolutely, anything to make it work. Thanks again!
Old 08-19-2020, 10:46 PM   #6
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I was unable to come up with a workable schedule, unfortunately.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:42 PM   #7
yuazda
Minors (Single A)

Thank you for trying, I really appreciate it. Hopefully someone may be able to help!
Old 08-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #8
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

This shouldn't overall be too much trouble, but I have a suggestion: a little more variation in games played per opponent would allow you to get some 4-game series in, reduce the total number of off days slightly to match it up with the length of the MLB season. Something like this:

6 games vs. 17 opponents (3H/3A)
7 games vs. 6 opponents (4H/3A or 3H/4A)
9 games vs. 2 opponents (6H/3A & 3H/6A)

That gives you the requisite 162 games but also does it in 52 series (23 opponents are played twice, 2 are played 3 times) to match the standard MLB format for overall season length. I'm gonna start on this version but feel free to correct me if you'd rather do all 3-game sets.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:00 PM   #9
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

That's what I tried to do, but I had trouble lining up all the 4-game series against division opponents.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #10
yuazda
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
This shouldn't overall be too much trouble, but I have a suggestion: a little more variation in games played per opponent would allow you to get some 4-game series in, reduce the total number of off days slightly to match it up with the length of the MLB season. Something like this:

6 games vs. 17 opponents (3H/3A)
7 games vs. 6 opponents (4H/3A or 3H/4A)
9 games vs. 2 opponents (6H/3A & 3H/6A)

That gives you the requisite 162 games but also does it in 52 series (23 opponents are played twice, 2 are played 3 times) to match the standard MLB format for overall season length. I'm gonna start on this version but feel free to correct me if you'd rather do all 3-game sets.
I'd definitely be okay with this. Thank you!
Old 09-02-2020, 08:14 PM   #11
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Schedule for 26 teams, 162 games - 1 subleague, each with 2 divisions of 13 teams
Interleague NO, balanced games YES
----------
6-9 games vs. 25 opponents (3-6H/3-6A)
17 opponents are played 6 times, 6 are played 7 times, 2 are played 9 times
----------
Season begins on the last Friday of March and ends on a Sunday in late Sept/early Oct. This is roughly the same length as the modern MLB schedule (actually 1 day shorter)
Weekday games begin at 7:05 local time, Sundays at 1:05 and Saturdays a mix between 1:05, 4:05 and 7:05
ASG in the normal spot, a Tuesday in early-mid July
----------
Homestands and road trips are almost all 6-10 games in length - 10 is actually the longest in the schedule
Usually, teams won't play more than 13 games without an off day - I was able to space them pretty freely since this schedule was more flexible than others

Everything looks good in my test league but let me know if you have any issues!
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGY_G162_T26.lsdl (102.5 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Ruwisc; 09-02-2020 at 08:18 PM.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:43 PM   #12
yuazda
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
Schedule for 26 teams, 162 games - 1 subleague, each with 2 divisions of 13 teams
Interleague NO, balanced games YES
----------
6-9 games vs. 25 opponents (3-6H/3-6A)
17 opponents are played 6 times, 6 are played 7 times, 2 are played 9 times
----------
Season begins on the last Friday of March and ends on a Sunday in late Sept/early Oct. This is roughly the same length as the modern MLB schedule (actually 1 day shorter)
Weekday games begin at 7:05 local time, Sundays at 1:05 and Saturdays a mix between 1:05, 4:05 and 7:05
ASG in the normal spot, a Tuesday in early-mid July
----------
Homestands and road trips are almost all 6-10 games in length - 10 is actually the longest in the schedule
Usually, teams won't play more than 13 games without an off day - I was able to space them pretty freely since this schedule was more flexible than others

Everything looks good in my test league but let me know if you have any issues!
Thank you so much...I really appreciate the help and work put into this!