Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-04-2020, 12:15 AM   #1
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Expanded AZ Fall League Schedule Request

In my 2020 shortened season save, I expanded the AZ Fall League to 30 teams, so one Fall team for each MLB organization. Its technically the "MLB Fall League" for me, with 2 divisions, the Arizona Fall League and Florida Fall League, with teams based on spring training location.

The format is round-robin regular season starting September 13th, 42 games (each team plays every team in their "division" 3 times), no inter-division games. No ASG, common off-days, or anything like that.

Thank you to anyone who make try to tackle this!
itsmb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:05 AM   #2
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

There's an issue here - you have an odd number of teams in each league. For this setup interleague isn't realistic, so teams in this league are going to have 3-4 day blocks of time where they don't play anyone. The schedule can still be done, but that's unavoidable if you have 15-team groups, or any odd number.

I haven't tested this or anything, but I think you should be able to get a pretty good facsimile of what you want with the in-game schedule generator (which is a very rare thing for me to say). If FL and AZ are separate subleagues, and you set the number of games played to be 45, not 42, it should actually come out perfectly as a 42-game schedule with how the game handles that situation.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:21 PM   #3
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
There's an issue here - you have an odd number of teams in each league. For this setup interleague isn't realistic, so teams in this league are going to have 3-4 day blocks of time where they don't play anyone. The schedule can still be done, but that's unavoidable if you have 15-team groups, or any odd number.

I haven't tested this or anything, but I think you should be able to get a pretty good facsimile of what you want with the in-game schedule generator (which is a very rare thing for me to say). If FL and AZ are separate subleagues, and you set the number of games played to be 45, not 42, it should actually come out perfectly as a 42-game schedule with how the game handles that situation.
Well I have the AZ and Florida leagues as separate divisions. But really all I want is each team to play a 1 game series each each team in their division 3 times. So basically a triple round robin. It would pretty much be exactly how Spring Training handles scheduling, right?
Old 08-04-2020, 08:39 PM   #4
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Oh, I see... I didn't realize you wanted all 1-game series. That'll be much more "normal".
Old 08-11-2020, 11:50 PM   #5
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Hey sorry about the wait, had a lot on my plate in other venues this week.

----------
Schedule for 30 teams, 42 games - 1 subleague, with 2 divisions of 15 teams each
Interleague NO, balanced games YES
----------
3 games vs. 14 division opponents (2H/1A or 1H/2A)
----------
Season runs from September 13 to October 30, a total of 48 days
All games begin at 7:05 local time
At least 10 games are scheduled on each day of the season
Because each grouping of teams is an odd number, 1-5 teams per division are off each day, but off days are never consecutive
Schedule consists of 1 round-robin loop, repeated 3 times, with the middle loop having home-away distinctions flipped
----------
Teams will have homestands and road trips, usually 3-4 games but with some as long as 6 games
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGY_G42_T30.lsdl (30.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 08-12-2020, 05:16 AM   #6
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
Hey sorry about the wait, had a lot on my plate in other venues this week.

----------
Schedule for 30 teams, 42 games - 1 subleague, with 2 divisions of 15 teams each
Interleague NO, balanced games YES
----------
3 games vs. 14 division opponents (2H/1A or 1H/2A)
----------
Season runs from September 13 to October 30, a total of 48 days
All games begin at 7:05 local time
At least 10 games are scheduled on each day of the season
Because each grouping of teams is an odd number, 1-5 teams per division are off each day, but off days are never consecutive
Schedule consists of 1 round-robin loop, repeated 3 times, with the middle loop having home-away distinctions flipped
----------
Teams will have homestands and road trips, usually 3-4 games but with some as long as 6 games
Thank you so much!!