Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
vtrudell
Bat Boy

Schedule writing block

Hello...I'm trying to make a schedule for my fictional league.It's my first time doing so and I'm feeling overwhelmed. i'm to do a schedule for the following structure:

132 games...2 subleagues with 2 divisions of 4 teams in each subleague

3 home/3 away vs each team in other subleague (48 interleague)

6 home/6 away vs each team within subleague (36 division..48 interdivision)

I'm trying to do it like this: All 3-game series

Starting with 12 interleague games..1 East vs 2 East for 6 & 2 West vs 1 West for 6..with 2 series of each setup hosted by each subleague.....then 1 East vs 2 West for 6 & 2 East vs 1 West for 6..with 2 series of setup hosted by each subleague

9 division games

12 interdivision games with 2 series being hosted by each team in subleague

12 more interleague games facing teams not faced in first interleague block..same series setup as first

12 more interdivisional games played with home team reversed

9 division games

last 66 games are same matchups with home teams reversed

The main question I have is this...Are 9 or 12 game homestands /road trips avoidable under such a schedule?

The other question is can someone that knows what they are doing please help me out???
vtrudell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

In general, the longer it takes you write out your schedule format, the harder it will be to make. Given all of the qualifications you have written out, I would guess that this schedule is over-constrained and will be next-to-impossible without some pretty smart tricks being used.
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:02 PM   #3
vtrudell
Bat Boy

Well the 9 game homestand/road trip restriction is gone.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #4
cheo25
All Star Reserve

I generally try to adhere to MLB's rule of no road trips/homestands of longer than two weeks (12 to 14 games, max). You probably have to manipulate some matchups to make the rest happen. I also try to avoid one-series road trips or homestands, if possible.

One thing you can do is when you have a set of games, but need to break up some long road trips or homestands, is to flip the sites of some of the matchups. So let's say you had a block of Atlanta at Cincinnati, Houston at Los Angeles, San Diego at San Francisco in the first half of your games, then maybe you could have Atlanta at Cincinnati, Los Angeles at Houston, San Diego at San Francisco in that next set in the second half. Really just depends on who needs a block of games at home or away broken up.

Repeater series separated by a week can also break up road trips or homestands. For example, you have Atlanta at Cincinnati, Houston at Los Angeles, San Diego at San Francisco on a Mon/Tue/Wed, then you could follow with another set of games on the weekend and then come back with Cincinnati at Atlanta, Los Angeles at Houston and San Diego at San Francisco next Mon/Tue/Wed by flipping those sites. But I do know MLB in the last 5 or 10 years has put in an emphasis on limiting repeater series like that, maybe because of the potential of bad blood from a series still being fresh when the teams next meet or cramming too many games against one opponent into a certain time when one team is less than full strength because of injuries.

But it's your game and you can do whatever you want.
cheo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
vtrudell
Bat Boy

I have written the schedule out so I hope I did it right that way...I just need to put it into OOTP20. I'm enclosing a file (with number codes for the teams at bottom) if anyone wants to check my work.

Note: When I exported the schedule to .lsdl file upon viewing it in Notebook I noticed the team ID changed each day..is it always the case or just a glitch?
Attached Files
File Type: txt GBL Schedule.txt (10.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by vtrudell; 07-27-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Fixing the attached file