Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 05-07-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

28 team, 159 games (2S,1D,14T) interleague request

Wondering if someone can get this done for a new universe I'm creating where the regular season means everything.

9 games per season against the 13 team in their league and 3 games against every team on the other league

Each league will only have 1 postseason team so I'd like every game in September to be in-league with one off day that month.

Have a gift for who can get this done, I'll be extremely invested in this league so really appreciate it.

Last edited by UltimateAverageGuy; 05-07-2020 at 08:13 PM.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Looking for clarification below - some direct questions, some things not posed as questions but giving the opportunity for input...

That works out to games count of 78 home & 81 away for half the teams and 81 home & 78 away for the other half. I am no stickler for even home/away versus individual opponents but have to point it out when the totals for teams are not even. But I get the schedule being completely balanced in terms of games against opponents, and the home/away split is the sacrifice for the rest of the numbers.

The solution that jumps out to me is to have one of the series against each league opponent in "September" with the other two and all the interleague coming before that. So that would be the last 13 series of 39 games in 40 days (the offday probably dropped right around the middle), thus I put the quotes around "September" since it would be a little more than that. Adding another offday in that period would be no problem if it was getting too long for only one.

Should this be MLB-like in that is starts roughly around Apr 1 and ends roughly around Oct 1? All-Star Break and Game in early-to-mid July?

Would you want to compensate for having about 3-4 less offdays during that last stretch of only league games by having a few more offdays than the typical MLB rate would be before that? Or have most of the season as MLB-usual and just compress the end?

At very least for the last stretch the "baseball week" of two series Monday-Sunday would not happen - series just fall where they work out. If you wanted to go with a couple/few *more* offdays than MLB, then before the busy closing stretch it could be two series plus an offday every Mon-Sun.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #3
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
Looking for clarification below - some direct questions, some things not posed as questions but giving the opportunity for input...

That works out to games count of 78 home & 81 away for half the teams and 81 home & 78 away for the other half. I am no stickler for even home/away versus individual opponents but have to point it out when the totals for teams are not even. But I get the schedule being completely balanced in terms of games against opponents, and the home/away split is the sacrifice for the rest of the numbers.

The solution that jumps out to me is to have one of the series against each league opponent in "September" with the other two and all the interleague coming before that. So that would be the last 13 series of 39 games in 40 days (the offday probably dropped right around the middle), thus I put the quotes around "September" since it would be a little more than that. Adding another offday in that period would be no problem if it was getting too long for only one.

Should this be MLB-like in that is starts roughly around Apr 1 and ends roughly around Oct 1? All-Star Break and Game in early-to-mid July?

Would you want to compensate for having about 3-4 less offdays during that last stretch of only league games by having a few more offdays than the typical MLB rate would be before that? Or have most of the season as MLB-usual and just compress the end?

At very least for the last stretch the "baseball week" of two series Monday-Sunday would not happen - series just fall where they work out. If you wanted to go with a couple/few *more* offdays than MLB, then before the busy closing stretch it could be two series plus an offday every Mon-Sun.
Thanks for your response gmo.

The home/away split will have to be a necessary sacrifice as long as it can be alternated year to year. That alone could lead to some interesting variables come end of season so I like it.

The 39 games in 40 days is exactly what I was looking to happen in the stretch run I just didnt word it as well as you did. I want the end to be a true test of depth. A few more off days in late July- mid August will suffice. However you can make it work with the off days as long as the last stretch happens will work for me.

MLB styles schedules with April1-October 1ish is perfectly fine by me with a normal All Star Game.

Thank you again so much.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:49 PM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

These are the comments on each file. The attached zip includes the full set.
Code:
#
# 28 team schedule, 159 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 1 division of 14 teams
#
#
# 9 games against 13 other teams in division (3-6H/3-6A)
# 3 games against 14 teams in other league (3H or 3A)
#
# Schedule considered balanced because equal games per league opponent
#
#
# This is one of 28 sibling schedules with the same structure
# Collectively across all schedules the matchups achieve balance
# of all teams playing all opponents the same amount home/away
#
#
# All games in 3-game series
# Series and offdays fall all across weeks
# Thus not following general MLB "baseball week" of 2 series Mon-Sun
# 
# Offdays fairly regular first three-fourths of season
# During that period teams may play up to 15 consecutive days
# Final quarter of season is all intraleague games with one offday
# So during that period as much as 24 consecutive days played
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 12 games
# All-Star break counted as ending homestands/roadtrips
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Monday of April
# Season ends late September October
# Season spans 179 days
#
# All-Star Game first Tuesday after July 9 (day 100)
#
# Built on 2020-05-10
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip 28team159_2114_a_gmo.zip (269.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 05-10-2020, 08:04 PM   #5
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
These are the comments on each file. The attached zip includes the full set.
Code:
#
# 28 team schedule, 159 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 1 division of 14 teams
#
#
# 9 games against 13 other teams in division (3-6H/3-6A)
# 3 games against 14 teams in other league (3H or 3A)
#
# Schedule considered balanced because equal games per league opponent
#
#
# This is one of 28 sibling schedules with the same structure
# Collectively across all schedules the matchups achieve balance
# of all teams playing all opponents the same amount home/away
#
#
# All games in 3-game series
# Series and offdays fall all across weeks
# Thus not following general MLB "baseball week" of 2 series Mon-Sun
# 
# Offdays fairly regular first three-fourths of season
# During that period teams may play up to 15 consecutive days
# Final quarter of season is all intraleague games with one offday
# So during that period as much as 24 consecutive days played
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 12 games
# All-Star break counted as ending homestands/roadtrips
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Monday of April
# Season ends late September October
# Season spans 179 days
#
# All-Star Game first Tuesday after July 9 (day 100)
#
# Built on 2020-05-10
#
I cant thank you enough for your work gmo.