Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
Mike1294
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Couple of Questions

So I just picked up OOTP yesterday with the great sale on Steam. After playing my first year with my beloved Tigers I had a couple of questions.

1. When you have a young international amateur prospect at like 16 do you leave him at your complex or do you put him in your minor leagues?

2. How do you keep your minor league system from getting completely out of wack? Between my call ups from triple A and all the demotions that my team recommends my AAA and AA teams barely have enough guys. Around 20 or so each. Do you keep some of those guys that they're telling you to demote where they're at or do you demote them? By the end of my first year I would say most of my players we're on my rookie team then some on my single A team then very few on my AA and AAA teams.
Mike1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

1. I leave them in the complex until they turn 18.

2. Sometimes you will need to play weaker players at positions at your higher levels. When this happens to me (often enough) I take this as a strong indicator that this is a position that I am weak at in my organization.

Another option is to sign slightly older free agents to a minor league contract to fill these voids. I usually only do this for AAA since I use AAA as my major league bench not as the level that I develop talent. I use AAA for flame-outs, has-beens, and never-will-bes. So this level is fairly easy to keep filled with 29 to 33-year old players that may get a cup of coffee in case of injury. I simply waive and designate if they are out of options.

I use AA as my springboard to the majors for upcoming talent. I rarely demote from AAA to AA. This causes old washed-up bums to get the playing time that my high potential (but lower overall) players should be getting. If I have prospects that I think will be major league players some day I promote straight from AA. If I have to demote I demote them back to AA until they are out of options or around 26-27. Then they become AAA meat.

If AA is short players I may demote one or two position player from AAA to AA if there are no reasonable prospects for those positions in my system. I really don't care about winning at my AA level but I do try to avoid the penalties to morale by having older players in positions that I do not have prospects for. Usually, however, I will promote from single-A and play with the weaker younger players.

I base little to no weight on the red and green arrows. I promote based upon statistics and need. I only use red and green arrows as indicators of my organizational strengths and weaknesses.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote