Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #1
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

PTG: Advanced more than one day

Playing PTG and hit the continue button to advance one day, the game actually advanced two days and completed two games before returning to the home screen.

Not sure if it matters, but right before I hit continue, I enabled the option to return to home screen after each day, plus turned on facegen.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #2
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Seen this again and was not after I made any changes...in fact it was in a different session. This time it looks like it advanced 3 days.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
Nino33
Major Leagues

I thought Path to Glory simmed 1 day at a time, and answered a question on TBL saying so, and Sebastian corrected me saying "the game will not always sim day by day, it will just break when something happens (which includes news/PM´s), so most of the time it is day by day.....But there is also a way to increase the days simulating by going to "Manager Options" and selecting the level of news you want to get (separate settings for season and offseason). That´s not necessarily the way we want people to play the game but on the other hand, some options never are a bad idea. " Simming? ? EHM The Blue Line
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

But the problem I have is the game ended up simming two of my team's games and I did not have a chance to make any type of roster moves in between. If I am GM or coach, I think I should have an opportunity to make changes prior to each game, seems like big enough of an event to stop.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
But the problem I have is the game ended up simming two of my team's games and I did not have a chance to make any type of roster moves in between. If I am GM or coach, I think I should have an opportunity to make changes prior to each game, seems like big enough of an event to stop.
It does sound like this is a bug, but I guess It'll take Sebastian or Malte to say for sure.

Nino's point was very interesting and cool though.

Btw SlyBelle, just wanted to mention that all of your feedback is very much appreciated, you're doing a really good job testing out the game and commenting on issues. Thanks so much for your help!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:45 PM   #6
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

No problem, glad to help. I think it should stop after each day besides for me to make roster changes.....what if I wanted to propose a trade, but the game doesn't stop and someone else takes that player? Just seems to make sense
Old 10-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
No problem, glad to help. I think it should stop after each day besides for me to make roster changes.....what if I wanted to propose a trade, but the game doesn't stop and someone else takes that player? Just seems to make sense
Yeah, I'd tend to agree but I don't really know if that's intended behavior or a bug. Feels like a bug though.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #8
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the help! Back to playing
Old 10-19-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Just curious, was this confirmed as a bug? See it often and the fact it sims multiple days worth of games, limits the ability to make coach/gm decisions in between games.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:04 PM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Do you play as GM Only? And if so, do you have the option "Show games" (might be a different wording, I don´t have the game in front of me) checked?

When you play as GM/Coach (the default), the game should always go into the game preview screen (with the option to play or sim the game), f you play as GM Only, you have the option to skip (simulate) games or use the same method as above.

So if it does not work, it is a bug.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #11
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Right now I am playing GM only and "show games" is off ---has to be off since with it ON, the head coach won't manage as they should (confirmed as bug).

But to be clear, what I am seeing is when I hit the CONTINUE button, it is automatically simming 1-3 days worth of games, instead of just advancing a single day. I would expect it to only sim a day, so that I have a chance as a GM to make roster moves in between...such as making trades and such.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:36 AM   #12
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Not sure if you attempted to fix this issue yet, but is still happening in the latest version. When I hit Continue, at times it is advancing and playing more than one day which is preventing me from making changes in between games. Really thinking it should only advance one day at a time (even if there is an off day) so as a game I can make roster moves and trades, which I might miss out on with the auto advancement of multiple days.