Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
manooly
Major Leagues

It's the Last Friday In March!!!

C'mon, throw us a bone. Is the game close yet? The new Version of OOTP has always been ready by now! I need my fix. Sorry, I had to post something. I'll be quiet now.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #2
treedom
Hall Of Famer

i love fridays! thanks for reminding me it's my favourite day of the week...yeah right, as if i didn't already know...
Old 03-26-2004, 08:51 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Re: It's the Last Friday In March!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by manooly
C'mon, throw us a bone.
I thought they already did:

Quote:
Old 03-26-2004, 10:46 AM   #4
jdbolick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Re:

This is not a new company, so the developers really don't have the excuse of saying that they didn't know what they were getting into. I understand the need to work out the bugs, but that's why legitimate game producers start work early enough that they have cushion room to address any unforeseen difficulties while still being able to get the game out on time. This is not some random action-adventure game that can essentially be released at any time. It's a baseball game, and the baseball season starts shortly. OOTP6 should be out now, not some undetermined time in the future. The developers REALLY need to get their act together for next season, because this delay is going to earn you some resentment. I know I'm going to whine and bitch about this in my eventual review of the game, and lots of others will hear about these problems through word of mouth. OOTP products are generally great, but you can ruin your reputation with these kinds of shenanigans. Next time start coding two months earlier, and if you do happen to run behind, be a hell of a lot more apologetic about the delay. At this point I'm frustrated enough that I wish I could cancel my preorder.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by jdbolick
...At this point I'm frustrated enough that I wish I could cancel my preorder.
Please do and then leave the board.

Since Markus is now working on two products (ITP and OOTP) and the OOTP engine was completely rehauled, the release of OOTP has been pushed back to closer to opening day instead of spring training. This was explained months ago and in my opinion, as long as the game comes out sometime in April it cannot be considered delayed.

I guess you'd rather they released a watered-down, buggy version than the full-featured, extremely stable games they have always given us.

There has been no delay of OOTP6, nor are there any known problems with it. Your post was not only inaccurate, but just plain rude.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:09 AM   #6
Kezzek
All Star Reserve

Location: Keyboard - frantically typing in subtle insults to raise my self-esteem
It will be released sometime in the next three weeks. No need to get your undies bunched.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:14 AM   #7
thomamon
Global Moderator

Hey,

I do not find the later release that much of a problem because I too agree that I do not want a water downed product with lots of bugs that will need to be fixed by patches.

However, I just they would provide us with a little more information like if there is still a shot the game could be released for opening day or not. I'm not asking for anything official or an exact release date, just give us a clue as to how the progress is going and what we can expect.

I think if they did that alot of the rediculous posts would stop and it would satisfy alot of customers.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:22 AM   #8
NoxiousDog
Minors (Single A)

Man, wouldn't it be great if every hour at your place of employment your boss came up and said, "How's the progress? Is it done yet? How's it going? How much time do you think it will take?"

Geez people, OOTP Developments owes you nothing other than a reliable game. Quit acting like spoiled children.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:28 AM   #9
mking55
All Star Starter

Re: Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by statfreak
Please do and then leave the board.
It is things such as this that have caused many people to leave the boards entirely, or cut down severely on their posts.

If a person makes a comment about how they feel about something, be it the way the game plays, or how the company interfaces with their community, then that is their right. If you disagree with a post, it is your right to say, "I disagree".

Too often when someone posts something that somebody else doesn't like, it gets offensive and personal.

So, when you think you are defending the game, or it's producers, what you are really doing is showing that there are too many jerks around here who feel that if someone sees something different than the way they do, then we should disrespect, abuse, and shout down their views.

This thread is one reason that this has been one of my infrequent ootp baseball posts.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:36 AM   #10
bosunmate
All Star Starter

CRY CRY CRY

All I have heard the last couple weeks is all the newbies crying I spent my money now give me my game. The regulars who have been with OOTP for a few years know they are getting a product that they will spend many hours enjoying. So I say to Markus take your time and release when your ready. In the mean time I will keep playing OOTP5 until then.....I'm just tire of all the bitching and moaning I have heard lately.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #11
x94blair3
Minors (Single A)

I dunno..perhaps I've been busy with MVP, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. Sure I'd love to have some updates, but I think they're trying to avoid over promising and under delivering. It's a catch 22. Everyone wants up to the minute updates, but if they'd gotten them, invariably deadlines would have changed and then there would have been flaming about that. The truth is people are generally unhappy about a lot of things and different groups would have complained no matter how it was handled.

Baseball season is long....there's still snow on the ground in some parts of the country...I'm sure the game will be here in plenty of time to enjoy during baseball season.

Any word on the rosters? I just pre-ordered having forgotten that GForce isn't planning to work his magic this year. Has someone else picked up that torch? I really enjoyed the minor leagues with real prospects.

-Nick
Old 03-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #12
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Definition
patience [Show phonetics]
noun [U]
1 the ability to wait, or to continue doing something despite difficulties, or to suffer without complaining or becoming annoyed

Old 03-26-2004, 11:42 AM   #13
chrisj
All Star Reserve

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Re: Re: Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by mking55
It is things such as this that have caused many people to leave the boards entirely, or cut down severely on their posts.

If a person makes a comment about how they feel about something, be it the way the game plays, or how the company interfaces with their community, then that is their right. If you disagree with a post, it is your right to say, "I disagree".

Too often when someone posts something that somebody else doesn't like, it gets offensive and personal.

So, when you think you are defending the game, or it's producers, what you are really doing is showing that there are too many jerks around here who feel that if someone sees something different than the way they do, then we should disrespect, abuse, and shout down their views.
I agree 100%...
Old 03-26-2004, 11:43 AM   #14
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Re: Re: Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by mking55

This thread is one reason that this has been one of my infrequent ootp baseball posts.
Martin, I stated my opinion and did not get really get personal. In fact outside my opening comment, I did not address the the quoted poster at all.

How many threads/posts do we really need like this anyway?!?
Old 03-26-2004, 11:45 AM   #15
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by statfreak
Martin, I stated my opinion and did not get really get personal. In fact outside my opening comment, I did not address the the quoted poster at all.

How many threads/posts do we really need like this anyway?!?
I'd say about 2 or 3 ... thousand more.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:46 AM   #16
Jason
Hall Of Famer

The initial post was made by someone who has one post to their credit and was doing nothing but slamming the producers of OOTP for not providing this person a game when they felt they should receive it. No date was given for release of this game yet we have an attack on the company because the game has not been released.

Also, no official release date was given at the time of the pre-orders so this person has no leg to stand on with that argument.

If the makers of OOTP have done something to deserve a scathing attack, such as announce a release date and then miss it, I can be a lot more sympathetic to someone spewing venom in the direction of Markus and company.

Also, this line is very telling:

"I know I'm going to whine and bitch about this in my eventual review of the game, and lots of others will hear about these problems through word of mouth. "

This person is flat out telling us that he's going to attack the game outside of this forum and in the public venue and the reason for his resentment is that the game wasn't delivered to him by the time HE decided it should arrive.

mking55, you're right about some of the defenses of OOTP on this board being nothing more than shout downs. However, it's also just as wrong to say that every criticism of OOTP is valid and the intent of the poster is to help the game or company grow and better serve the public.

jdbolick's post was intended to cause divisiveness and he openly announced his intention to smear OOTP Developments in public despite not having a valid complaint.

"you can ruin your reputation with these kinds of shenanigans."

What shenanigans? No date was set. Customers were told the PROJECTED date was opening day of the major league season which hasn't even arrived yet.

Disagreements are fine and people should not be attacked for dissention. However, when someone attacks OOTP, it's products or staff with no real basis for their attack, they should expect to receive comments in-kind.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:48 AM   #17
JPWagner
Minors (Triple A)

My goodness.....this is what internet forums produce...those old enough to recall will remember that you would read about a game in a mag and just wait until you see it in stores...now people with too much time on their hands vent their impatience on forums like these....give it a rest already!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:50 AM   #18
sadangelclown
Minors (Double A)

"All I have heard the last couple weeks is all the newbies crying I spent my money now give me my game"
I don't think that's fair at all. I don't think the game is delayed, nor am I upset that the game isn't out now. But like most of the posters above, I just wish we could get some updates. I mean, most of us have already spent money on this product, in fact, most of us spent the money several weeks ago, and there's still no word on where it is. Opening day is 4 days away, if you count Tokyo games! Yeah it's annoying when people bitch and moan about how they want their game, and I'm sure the developers are under a lot of stress and don't want to miss a release date, but I don't know, I just feel like after collecting our money we deserve some more screen shots or something. Also that people questioning the release date don't deserve to made fun of by OOTP "vets". Wow, bosunmate, you've played for longer than the rest of us. We all paid the same amount of money for OOTP6, though, so don't criticize people for just asking questions. If you don't care when the release date is, then just don't post about it!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:52 AM   #19
jened
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally posted by NoxiousDog
Man, wouldn't it be great if every hour at your place of employment your boss came up and said, "How's the progress? Is it done yet? How's it going? How much time do you think it will take?"
not a great example because for most of us report to someone and we give and get deadlines which we do and don't meet. if it's not met we might get those questions. that doesn't mean i think it should keep be asked. markus is the boss and can set whatever deadline he wants and doesn't even have to set a deadline and i'm okay with that. i can't wait to start my new solo league with ootp6!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #20
Chappy
Hall Of Famer

We've been told for several months now that Markus hoped to have the game by opening day, but if not it would most likely be released by April 15th. I've not seen Markus say anything else about it, so I don't know why people are panicking because there's nothing new. Hell, its not even opening day yet and if somebody was just browsing these forums they'd think from the comments they'd read that this game was 6 months late.

Have we gotten so used to the Title Bout/TPF/Etc delays that we now think games are delayed when they may not be? I don't know. Let's all relax a little though, okay?
Closed Thread