Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-15-2003, 01:55 PM   #1
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

20 year old chicks

With the latest patch not containing the financial coefficient I decided to put off my historical league and give this manager mode thing a try just for the heck of it.

I was originally very much against the waste of coding time on this, but do admit that it is “mostly harmless” It will never be my prime mode of playing but for one night I thought what the hell.

Now in real life I am 37, 3 kids, very happily married. So I went ahead and started the game with my real age and in the first month I start dating a 20 year old chick – WOO HOO! Sure wouldn’t be worth the hassle in real life but in the game this is going to be fun – then two weeks later she dumps me. Hope at least I got to, well you know, first but the game doesn’t really go into that.

So then I go on a parade of dating women my age for a year and a half, and no sooner then I meet them I dump them. Now that I know I can have a young chick I don’t want to settle for one my age (that is in the game, in real life I think older woman have a lot more to offer) So I literally dump something like 10 woman in a year and a half till I finally get another 23 year old!!! I am thinking the owner is going to fire me for being a philanderer (good thing I managed two win two world series in a row)

So things are going well with my 23 year old digital girlfriend and after 9 months of dating I propose, she of course says no (I am sure I read somewhere between the lines that she was not sure why she dated my old fat ass in the first place) and two days later dumps me – presumably for some 1 blue star hack in single A.

Lucky me I have now met another 22 year old and we have started dating – so the big question is how long to I have to date her until she will be likely to marry me?
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #2
ctorg
Global Moderator

Nice little story there.

I think someone said you should wait a year after the relationship becomes serious and if she's still with you, go for it. Personally, it seems random to me.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #3
Erich Ingram

I found that it usually took a year to 16 months to get them to marry you.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 02:29 PM   #4
sporr
Global Moderator

Any pictures of your girlfriends you'd care to share? hehe
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 02:30 PM   #5
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

no but what a great idea for a patch - the ability to add pictures for girlfriends/wives

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 04-15-2003, 03:05 PM   #6
Qrashman
All Star Reserve

i can't believe we're even talking about this on a baseball game forum. Freakin' embarassing.
HBL Waiting List
Qrashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:06 PM   #7
bigphesta
Banned

I want the ability to have a wife and a couple girlfriends. that would be realistic
bigphesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:06 PM   #8
Draft Dodger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Qrashman
i can't believe we're even talking about this on a baseball game forum. Freakin' embarassing.
you know you like 20 year old chicks, Grash.

15 GB Webhosting for $6.95 a month

IMO we are best off abandoning that sinking ship that is Off Topic to the rats infesting it and just starting a whole new Baseball Forum from scratch.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:10 PM   #9
Qrashman
All Star Reserve

yeah but this is a baseball game. There's no reason we should be asking people when we can get video game chicks to marry us.

If I never heard of OOTP and came on to this board looking for information on the game, and saw people talking about getting married and having kids in a simulation baseball game, I would laugh my ass off and go on to the next game.

What a complete waste of time.

Damn, I want a 20 year old chick, though.
HBL Waiting List
Old 04-15-2003, 03:14 PM   #10
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Qrash

for the most part I agree with you - but I have played over 200 seasons of OOTP (since v3) and this is the first time I fired the manager mode up. If this was what this game was all about - I would never play it.

I think of it kind of like an Adam Sandler movie - sure as hell isn't going to be my primary form of entertainment but twice a year it is funny as hell.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Old 04-15-2003, 03:14 PM   #11
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Qrashman
yeah but this is a baseball game. There's no reason we should be asking people when we can get video game chicks to marry us.

If I never heard of OOTP and came on to this board looking for information on the game, and saw people talking about getting married and having kids in a simulation baseball game, I would laugh my ass off and go on to the next game.

What a complete waste of time.

Damn, I want a 20 year old chick, though.
There are different areas of the game that people like. If someone likes this area, more power to them.

It's a little more embarrassing to see someone bash someone else for liking a part of the game, or finding it amusing. Markus also stated, numerous times, that it's easy to ignore that section of the game.

Also, I think you're in the minority of people who would laugh at the game. I think many others would be curious, and at least take the time to figure out what that portion of the game is all about. Being ignorant about something usually entails missing out, and that's evident here.

-John

John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:18 PM   #12
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

Make sure you check them for wide hips. Best fertility marker around.
Gastric ReFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:31 PM   #13
Qrashman
All Star Reserve

I never once bashed anyone for liking that part of the game. Do I find it amusing? Heck yes. It's hilarious. Do I think it is a complete waste of time? Absolutely.

I stand by my assumption that most people would be turned off by seeing this "feature" in a hardcore simulation game.
HBL Waiting List
Old 04-15-2003, 03:34 PM   #14
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

I don't think manager mode is coded to the hardcore level yet. It ain't even really soft core. I just get told she's pregnant.
Gastric ReFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:39 PM   #15
sixto
Hall Of Famer

of all the threads for a flame war to sprout up, this was not what i would have picked out as a candidate.
sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:41 PM   #16
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

"I stand by my assumption that most people would be turned off by seeing this "feature" in a hardcore simulation game."

But a lot of those people would probably be intrigued by having their 'son' grow into a major league player.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:15 PM   #17
Erich Ingram

I agree with Ktulu and that is why Markus put it into the game. So that you could be like Bob Boone and have you son(s) make it to the show.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 04:18 PM   #18
Bears5122
All Star Reserve

I like this feature and I think it's fun to play around with. I think the wife and having kids aspect is a small part of manager mode and just an extra twist. The heart and soul of manager mode is and will be the keeping of your job and having to find new ones. In the regular mode I can manage my Cubs for 100 years even if I haven't won a division. Well in manager mode I'll get fired and have to take over a weak team. Kind of like a career mode and I hope this part of the game expands and becomes more detailed.
Bears5122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 04:19 PM   #19
Qrashman
All Star Reserve

ok, I stand corrected. I guess people do want this feature. I'd rather see Markus put his time into other things, but oh well.

I didnt mean for this to turn into a flame war. I was just stating my opinion.
HBL Waiting List
Old 04-15-2003, 04:21 PM   #20
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

you guys call this a flame war?

I have seen more arguing over the on/off topic issue!

-Martin Luther King

-Einstein

-Muhammad Ali

-Toby Harrah