Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:34 PM   #1
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

What Got Me to Buy

Well...let's be honest...I was buying no matter what. Even if you guys said, "OOTP21...we made the menu a new color...", I would buy because I trust you guys so much to be constantly improving the gameplay experience that I would assume something great would be coming down the line.

ANYWAY, the thing that really got me was the ability to BUILD MY OWN BALLPARK!!! I was reading the features and I literally stopped reading right there and pulled my credit card out without reading anything else.

As someone with a very immersed fictional league that I have spent close to a decade on, this feature makes the purchase worth it in and of itself.

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

I felt exactly the same.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to turn this thread into an opinion-gatherer. For me, it will be (when I get around to purchasing) one of these:

Community-driven User Experience Improvements!

A beautiful new interface with fully customizable player page statistics. Plus! Player lists are dramatically improved and can be configured to your liking, with more information than ever available at your fingertips.

Big 3D in-game improvements!

New in-game camera modes let you ‘follow the ball’ during the action, multiple camera angles are available for pre-pitch, during the pitch, and after the pitch. Dozens of new 3D animations are in place, and the entire 3D gameplay has been smoothed and polished.

It's a close race. And the winner is CDUEI!!! That is, the "customizable" and "configurable" thingies. I am really looking forward to being able to arrange displays the way that I want to see them, hiding much of the arcane stuff that clutters the screen.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:40 PM   #4
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post

A beautiful new interface with fully customizable player page statistics. Plus! Player lists are dramatically improved and can be configured to your liking, with more information than ever available at your fingertips.

Ohhhh I didn't even notice that!!

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:58 PM   #5
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post

ANYWAY, the thing that really got me was the ability to BUILD MY OWN BALLPARK!!!
Agreed, but really hoping this feature matters in the game. If I build a "green monster" wall, will it matter in how plays turns out? If I build a ballpark with massive OF dimensions (i.e. Polo Grounds), will the team take that into account when putting together a team?

Maybe this info was already shared and I just haven't seen it yet.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:18 AM   #6
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

This -----
If wall/fence dimensions and angles matter. Placement of foul lines and foul posts. The amount of room of the foul area and home plate to back stop. If these affect game play then stadium creator will be AWESOME. Having an ivy covered wall like Wriggley field where a ball lost in the ivy affects game play. ( I am sure this isnt in it but we can dream)

Making a unique ball park would be a HUGE plus.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:18 PM   #7
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I'm going to turn this thread into an opinion-gatherer. For me, it will be (when I get around to purchasing) one of these:

Big 3D in-game improvements!

New in-game camera modes let you ‘follow the ball’ during the action, multiple camera angles are available for pre-pitch, during the pitch, and after the pitch. Dozens of new 3D animations are in place, and the entire 3D gameplay has been smoothed and polished.

It's a close race. And the winner is CDUEI!!! That is, the "customizable" and "configurable" thingies. I am really looking forward to being able to arrange displays the way that I want to see them, hiding much of the arcane stuff that clutters the screen.
I was thinking about what I said. Heh, now watch me go ape over the new ballpark creator kit. That often happens with OOTPB and me but OP asked what made the sale and for now, it's CDUEI followed by 3D.

- Bru

Old 02-25-2020, 06:33 AM   #8
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

As most of you guys here, OOTP 21 was an auto-buy for me as well.

However, I love the idea of a ball-park construction kit. Also, I play-out all of my games, so the new camera modes / ball follow mechanic, along with the animation refinements look cool!

And let me add that I like the new design; sort makes the UI seem cleaner as well. I have been using the classic historic design in OOTP, but I can see myself returning to this new OOTP default design.

So, it is just tough to focus on a couple of things. Along with the usual AI and other improvements, I think OOTP 21 is going to be great!

-Cal
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:10 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

It's official, after viewing last night's First Look: It's "Configurable and Dynamic Screens" (a.k.a., Community-driven User Experience Improvements! from the newsletter). I've been wanting this for a long time, so that I can banish wOBA and the like. You sabermetric guys can banish pitcher Wins, ERA, AVG, and RBI to your hearts content!

- Bru

Old 02-25-2020, 10:25 PM   #10
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Banish woba are you mad?????

I will certainly banish wins, era and avg though ����
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:31 PM   #11
norva13x
Major Leagues

This and the All-Star events have me the most excited. Can't wait for the derby and futures games.
norva13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:00 PM   #12
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

I've been asking for a ballpark creator since OOTP2. That's the one thing I really missed when I migrated my fictional league from Earl Weaver II in 1999.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #13
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I'm starting to get interested in this, too.

- Bru

Old 03-03-2020, 06:09 PM   #14
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
the ability to BUILD MY OWN BALLPARK!!!
This feature alone makes it a guaranteed buy for me.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:30 PM   #15
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
This feature alone makes it a guaranteed buy for me.
It does seem like a huge feature, and a huge lift to add to the game as well. Basically, like a whole new tool-box.

I think it was mentioned in a podcast that 1.0 of this feature is something that they will be working-on to deliver right up to release date. And of course, especially as it is new, something that will require updates and work throughout the year.

Still, pretty cool and such a big addition to an already very customizable game.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:24 AM   #16
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
It does seem like a huge feature, and a huge lift to add to the game as well. Basically, like a whole new tool-box.

I think it was mentioned in a podcast that 1.0 of this feature is something that they will be working-on to deliver right up to release date. And of course, especially as it is new, something that will require updates and work throughout the year.

Still, pretty cool and such a big addition to an already very customizable game.
Have to start somewhere.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:19 AM   #17
jsn87
Bat Boy

Looking forward to the drafting/scouting overhaul. Though I'm a Mets fan, I've always found it more fun and challenging to control a low budget team (Marlins, Pirates, etc.), where drafting and thrift is critical. Anything they can do to make building the farm entertaining is good IMO.
jsn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #18
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

I was definitely skeptical after OOTP20, but my 3 biggest issues were addressed:

1. Filters for everything.
2. Alter ages of draftees.
3. Searchable personnel (and possible poaching in a future patch).

If a sortable 'shop a player' results page were added, it's be perfect.
jfb8300 is offline   Reply With Quote