Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
rdfamgaming
Bat Boy

Unexpected Crashing!

I haven't been able to complete a game all day. First day at launch it worked great now it is quitting in every game i play. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice already. What a waste of cash.
rdfamgaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:56 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

It's unlikely anything that changed in the game would cause that to start happening between the launch build and now. So it's likely there's something going on elsewhere on your system that's affecting things. If it is a game issue though, we'll figure it out and fix it.

The first thing to try is to make sure a program you have running in the background isn't interfering with OOTP and causing this.

- Reboot your system
- Disable virus scanners running in the background (or at a minimum make sure the game is whitelisted in your anti-virus and firewall)
- Close any other programs open in the background
- Update your video card drivers (PC) (this is a crucial step)
- If you are on the PC, run the game / installer as admin (right-click on icon, select run as admin)
- If you are on a Mac, please make sure you run at least OSX version 10.7 or better.

If the game still crashes after that, please let us know just where and when. Is it only crashing when you're playing out a game in 3d?

If so, what are your system's specs and what video card do you have? Are you on a PC or Mac? Is your copy of the game standalone or Steam or Origin?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
rdfamgaming
Bat Boy

I will look into all of this. I'm on MAC pro. Just strange that it worked all week and now all of a sudden it doesn't and I haven't done anything to my system...

QUOTE=Lukas Berger;4299174]It's unlikely anything that

changed in the game would cause that to start happening between the launch build and now. So it's likely there's something going on elsewhere on your system that's affecting things. If it is a game issue though, we'll figure it out and fix it.

The first thing to try is to make sure a program you have running in the background isn't interfering with OOTP and causing this.

- Reboot your system
- Disable virus scanners running in the background (or at a minimum make sure the game is whitelisted in your anti-virus and firewall)
- Close any other programs open in the background
- Update your video card drivers (PC) (this is a crucial step)
- If you are on the PC, run the game / installer as admin (right-click on icon, select run as admin)
- If you are on a Mac, please make sure you run at least OSX version 10.7 or better.

If the game still crashes after that, please let us know just where and when. Is it only crashing when you're playing out a game in 3d?

If so, what are your system's specs and what video card do you have? Are you on a PC or Mac? Is your copy of the game standalone or Steam or Origin?[/QUOTE]
Old 03-24-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
rdfamgaming
Bat Boy

So frustrated.

I have done all the things listed and I am still getting an unexpected crash. This is so frustrating. I have re downloaded the game and all. I purchased the game directly through OOTP. Again, it worked just fine until last night. And nothing has changed in my setup. I am playing on MAC. Also when it kicks me when i reload I'm unemployed as manager and have to find a job. That is why I'm thinking it's something with game.

Last edited by rdfamgaming; 03-24-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

When exactly are you getting the unexpected crash, what are you doing just before the game crashes?

Another thing you might try would be to go to the start screen, then to settings > troubleshooting. On that screen click 'force game data re-installation'. Let the game do its thing.

Then restart and see if any of the issues you are having clear up. If not, let me know.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:00 AM   #6
Iconixk
Bat Boy

I'm having a similar problem. I keep crashing during the middle/end of a game. I'm on a PC, and I purchased directly from ootp.
Iconixk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #7
RobbieS
Bat Boy

Same here. MacBook air. was fine all during the Beta, starting crashing steadily, always in the middle of a game.
RobbieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:46 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

For anyone having crashes while playing out games, can you try these steps and see if they help?

If the crash is happening when playing out a game in 3d, please try this: Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If the game still crashes while playing out a game, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely. Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #9
hank9481
Major Leagues

It's because they don't care if the product is any good.

Just worried about churning em out ya know year after year!
Old 04-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #10
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank9481 View Post

Spending 15 minutes on this board will tell you this is not true....at all.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #11
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Hank...

Quote:

That's a load of crap. I've never, ever gotten the kind of quick and accurate help from any developer that can compare to the wonderful assistance I get from these people. They're flat out the best.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:02 PM   #12
hank9481
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
That's a load of crap. I've never, ever gotten the kind of quick and accurate help from any developer that can compare to the wonderful assistance I get from these people. They're flat out the best.

They must hate me. The feeling is mutual though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2018, 05:44 PM   #13
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Oh boy.

You’ve been around here since 2002...why are you still here then?

Markus and team go above and beyond with this community on helping people out, and always listening for tweaks and new features.

Guess it’s true you can’t make all the people happy all of the time.

Quote:
They must hate me. The feeling is mutual though.

CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:44 PM   #14
hank9481
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
Oh boy.

You’ve been around here since 2002...why are you still here then?

Markus and team go above and beyond with this community on helping people out, and always listening for tweaks and new features.

Guess it’s true you can’t make all the people happy all of the time.

No worries! Lots of mouths to feed. I get it.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #15
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This post leaves me speechless.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #16
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

Patch installation error

Game's (OOTP19-Steam version) been crashing again for me left and right. Followed every single tip given in the last few weeks, whitelisted Norton and Malware when playing. Get into a game...Any game..no matter WHAT the settings are (2D, 3D, low graphics or high graphic setting). SOmetimes I can play a full game (modern day, quickstart or historical)...but most times? Crash in 2nd or 3rd or 4th...never can tell.
Uninstalled, re-installed, doesn't matter. VERY VERY frustrating.
So today...installing the newest patch...PATCH INSTALLATION ERROR. (using Steam).
THe patch won't even install.
My PC has the latest drivers and has absolutely NO problems running some of the most intensive 3D graphics on other games. SO it is most definitely NOT my PC.
I've never been more frustrated with an OOTP product and I'm a HUGE fan of the game.
At my wit's end,team OOTP.
robedits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #17
hank9481
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by robedits View Post
Game's (OOTP19-Steam version) been crashing again for me left and right. Followed every single tip given in the last few weeks, whitelisted Norton and Malware when playing. Get into a game...Any game..no matter WHAT the settings are (2D, 3D, low graphics or high graphic setting). SOmetimes I can play a full game (modern day, quickstart or historical)...but most times? Crash in 2nd or 3rd or 4th...never can tell.
Uninstalled, re-installed, doesn't matter. VERY VERY frustrating.
So today...installing the newest patch...PATCH INSTALLATION ERROR. (using Steam).
THe patch won't even install.
My PC has the latest drivers and has absolutely NO problems running some of the most intensive 3D graphics on other games. SO it is most definitely NOT my PC.
I've never been more frustrated with an OOTP product and I'm a HUGE fan of the game.
At my wit's end,team OOTP.

Well said. Fan of the product for years. But it's clearly not working right in some cases. And instead of showing a dedication to fix it, the powers that be just move on to the next version. Spin it however you want but that's a problem and my chief complaint.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:23 PM   #18
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Well said. Fan of the product for years. But it's clearly not working right in some cases. And instead of showing a dedication to fix it, the powers that be just move on to the next version. Spin it however you want but that's a problem and my chief complaint.

The idea that we're somehow just moving on to the next version is frankly ludicrous. We haven't started working on OOTP20 at all yet and won't for at least a few more months. But we're still here answering issues, releasing patches and helping with problems every day. Even a cursory glance at the forums would show you that.

We've already released multiple patches and we'll release quite a few more. The patches aren't just to fix problems, though they do that but they also add new features as well in many cases. Frankly there are very few companies that release as many patches as we do, that incorporate community feedback in the patches at the level we do and that will provide the level of support we do. This is not to claim we're somehow perfect, we aren't. But we do try and we do care.

The problem with some of these crashing issues is that they're extremely difficult to track down and solve. They happen in random places in an un-reproducible manner and on a very small amount of systems.

There are maybe a half-dozen to a dozen folks that are still reporting these, right now out of thousands and thousands of customers.

We're working on doing what we can to find solutions, and will continue working on it but it's not even remotely simple when you can't even reproduce the problem and when the problem is only happening in very isolated and seemingly random cases.

It's frustrating for everyone when this sort of thing happens, we get that and feel really bad about it but it's extremely frustrating for us as well. We hate it when the game isn't working right for even one person and all of us on the team have personally spent hours working with single customers with issues in the past and will continue to do so in the future to get things solved as best we can.

But in spite of our best efforts in some cases, the issue is not something we can actually solve either because it's due to a specific combination of settings/hardware/software on a specific machine, it's due to a malfunction somewhere on the user's machine that's affecting the game, or because it's just not something we can even reproduce.

Not being able to solve things on occasion is not the same as not trying or not caring though. And if we just can't solve something and the game just isn't working for someone, we'll pretty much always be open to offering a refund, even beyond the 14-day limit (as long as someone bought the game directly from us, unfortunately we can't issue Steam refunds). We don't want our customers to be stuck with something that doesn't work for them.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-25-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #19
hank9481
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
The idea that we're somehow just moving on to the next version is frankly ludicrous. We haven't started working on OOTP20 at all yet and won't for at least a few more months. But we're still here answering issues, releasing patches and helping with problems every day. Even a cursory glance at the forums would show you that.

We've already released multiple patches and we'll release quite a few more. The patches aren't just to fix problems, though they do that but they also add new features as well in many cases. Frankly there are very few companies that release as many patches as we do, that incorporate community feedback in the patches at the level we do and that will provide the level of support we do. This is not to claim we're somehow perfect, we aren't. But we do try and we do care.

The problem with some of these crashing issues is that they're extremely difficult to track down and solve. They happening in random places in an un-reproducible manner and on a very small amount of systems.

There are maybe a half-dozen to a dozen folks that are still reporting these, right now out of thousands and thousands of customers.

We're working on doing what we can to find solutions, and will continue working on it but it's not even remotely simple when you can't even reproduce the problem and when the problem is only happening in very isolated and seemingly random cases.

It's frustrating for everyone when this sort of thing happens, we get that and feel really bad about it but it's extremely frustrating for us as well. We hate it when the game isn't working right for even one person and all of us on the team have personally spent hours working with single customers with issues in the past and will continue to do so in the future to get things solved as best we can.

But in spite of our best efforts in some cases, the issue is not something we can actually solve either because it's due to a specific combination of settings/hardware/software on a specific machine, it's due to a malfunction somewhere on the user's machine that's affecting the game, or because it's just not something we can even reproduce.

Not being able to solve things on occasion is not the same as not trying or not caring though. And if we just can't solve something and the game just isn't working for someone, we'll pretty much always be open to offering a refund, even beyond the 14-day limit (as long as someone bought the game directly from us, unfortunately we can't issue Steam refunds). We don't want our customers to be stuck with something that doesn't work for them.

I appreciate that. But I'm also referencing a crashing issue on OOTP 18 that still isn't resolved. So to refute moving on in lieu of putting out a finely tuned finished product is frankly ludicrous as you say. And I never got resolution on the Mac email issue either. I finally just gave up.

But I get it. You've got 9990 happy customers and 10 not. Not your fault. I'd do the same thing. Just sucks being in the 10 on top being a totally satisfied customer since 2002 and up to version 17. For whatever reason version 18 has stunk it up and I've gotten no help along the way. Here's to 19 though.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:38 PM   #20
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I appreciate that. But I'm also referencing a crashing issue on OOTP 18 that still isn't resolved. So to refute moving on in lieu of putting out a finely tuned finished product is frankly ludicrous as you say. And I never got resolution on the Mac email issue either. I finally just gave up.

But I get it. You've got 9990 happy customers and 10 not. Not your fault. I'd do the same thing. Just sucks being in the 10 on top being a totally satisfied customer since 2002 and up to version 17. For whatever reason version 18 has stunk it up and I've gotten no help along the way. Here's to 19 though.

I just saw your post on 18 now and posted in that thread. I'm definitely willing to help there and will do whatever is possible to get things going for you there.

In the future, especially with an older version of the game, we'll typically respond more quickly if you submit a support ticket (or send me or anyone from OOTP an email or PM directly). We don't necessarily monitor the bug report threads for older version of the game on a terribly regular basis.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-25-2018 at 06:42 PM.