Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile Thank you!

Friends,

it's this time of the year again. After many months of hard work the game is almost done and the pre-order customers get their hands on the latest beta version. I can say with confidence that OOTP 19 is our masterpiece. I have never been as excited about a release as today.

Of course, today's "release" is a beta version, you still my find some bugs or experience issues. If you do, please post the issues here (not in the main forum): Bug Report Forum

I would like to thank everybody who helped making OOTP 19 a reality. There are so many who have been helping, it is impossible to name them all. But my special thanks goes out to the beta team and our database- , roster- & text-teams for putting in long hours over the past 8 weeks and making sure the game ships in a stable way. You guys are amazing. Thank you so much!

Okay, enough with the sweet talk. The emails with the download links are going out as I type this. Enjoy the game!

Markus & the OOTP Developments Team
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

You the real MVP!
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Friends,

it's this time of the year again. After many months of hard work the game is almost done and the pre-order customers get their hands on the latest beta version. I can say with confidence that OOTP 19 is our masterpiece. I have never been as excited about a release as today.

Of course, today's "release" is a beta version, you still my find some bugs or experience issues. If you do, please post the issues here (not in the main forum): Bug Report Forum

I would like to thank everybody who helped making OOTP 19 a reality. There are so many who have been helping, it is impossible to name them all. But my special thanks goes out to the beta team and our database- , roster- & text-teams for putting in long hours over the past 8 weeks and making sure the game ships in a stable way. You guys are amazing. Thank you so much!

Okay, enough with the sweet talk. The emails with the download links are going out as I type this. Enjoy the game!

You rock sir.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #5
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I remember a few years ago when the new version came out in April, after Opening Day ... after the release date had to be pushed back several times.

From then on you and your team made huge efforts to set a release date and each and every release since has been smooth, basically perfect.

You guys are doing a tremendous job and I'm already looking forward to pre-ordering Out of the Park 20.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
BravesChop15
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for everything! The whole OOTP crew freaking rocks and as a player since OOTP14, I can proudly say that this has been the most anticipated version for me! Can't wait for that coveted email Thanks everyone!!!!!
Old 03-19-2018, 10:11 AM   #7
texasmame
All Star Starter

Looking forward to this version more than any other - and this is my 11th year with OOTP!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #8
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I remember a few years ago when the new version came out in April, after Opening Day ... after the release date had to be pushed back several times.

From then on you and your team made huge efforts to set a release date and each and every release since has been smooth, basically perfect.

You guys are doing a tremendous job and I'm already looking forward to pre-ordering Out of the Park 20.
Thanks for all the hard work you do to get the game to us before Opening Day, I know I barley use some features of the game every year but I happily pay each year for the hard work that goes in to everything you guys do for the MLB rosters, the updates and the historical work. I look forward to really enjoying this game and playing it for another 2000+ hours

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH

Last edited by 24Rocks; 03-19-2018 at 10:14 AM.
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #9
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Don't mention it....
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #10
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Old 03-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #11
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Let us know when you're drunk Markus!

Congrats on the best OOTP version AGAIN!
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #12
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Yaaaaaaassss!!!!! Downloading as we speak!!!!
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #13
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

One thing is for sure, Markus. You have made these past 12 years of my life a lot more enjoyable and I thank you for that. I only wish that I was not already XX years old when I met your virtual acquaintance!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #14
BoomerSoonerAMH
Minors (Double A)

I promised praise and exaltations if you had released it at midnight German time. Guess what?!? You still get praise and exaltations now. Download in progress but I know it will have been worth the wait.
BoomerSoonerAMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Let us know when you're drunk Markus!

Congrats on the best OOTP version AGAIN!
Well considering that Markus just started talking about beer when we were chatting on Skype 10 minutes ago, I'd say it might not be long

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #16
Charlie Ricker
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Friends,

You guys are phenomenal, thank you all for always putting together THE greatest baseball simulation ever!
Attached Images
Charlie Ricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Well considering that Markus just started talking about beer when we were chatting on Skype 10 minutes ago, I'd say it might not be long
Working on it!
Old 03-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #18
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Woo Hoo, can't wait to get home and download this.

Newb question about beta version. When the regular release comes out will we simply update the beta version to the regular version? Another words, I want to know if I can start creating my fictional world now, or should I wait until the regular version comes out.

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2018, 10:34 AM   #19
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post

Newb question about beta version. When the regular release comes out will we simply update the beta version to the regular version? Another words, I want to know if I can start creating my fictional world now, or should I wait until the regular version comes out.

Thanks!
Yes, you'll simply install the final release over the beta installation, it's essentially like a patch then.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:34 AM   #20
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post

Thanks!
Yes, you should be fine with that. Sometimes there are small issues that we will need to update, settings changes, data changes, etc.. which may not necessarily import through to a game already in progress. But in general, it should be fine
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote