Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
websterd
Bat Boy

KHL Free Agency Period

Hello,

Wondering if any of you have experienced this issue:

Several of my first round picks have opted to sign in the KHL after being drafted. I understand that aspect, but what confuses me is when the KHL free agent window/period occurs. I see their contract tick down to 'one year remaining' and then when I go to re-sign at season's end, they have a brand new 2/3 year KHL deal.

Does anybody know when the KHL season ends/when the free agency period starts for the league? Or is it possible that this is a glitch of some sort?
websterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

All the leagues should have the same period starting from July 1st
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:06 AM   #3
websterd
Bat Boy

You can sign your unsigned draft picks from years prior starting June 23rd every year. The KHL guys seem to get their contracts automatically renewed before this.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #4
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

What do you mean with "automatically"?
Old 03-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
websterd
Bat Boy

I mean automatically in the sense that there doesn't appear to be a window where they have no contract or are available to be offered a contract. They have an expiring contract one day, and then the next they have a brand new contract.
I'd just like to know if anybody who plays this game knows if there is a free agency window, and if there is, when can you offer a contract to someone coming off/about to come off a KHL deal.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #6
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by websterd View Post
I mean automatically in the sense that there doesn't appear to be a window where they have no contract or are available to be offered a contract. They have an expiring contract one day, and then the next they have a brand new contract.
I'd just like to know if anybody who plays this game knows if there is a free agency window, and if there is, when can you offer a contract to someone coming off/about to come off a KHL deal.
Ah, gotcha. Well, just like IRL, getting players off the KHL is not always easy. They need to be actually without a contract, if their KHL team manages to renew the deal, then you pretty much are just left off waiting for the next contract to expire.
EDIT: It's not that unrealistic. Ask the Jackets if this summer they wanted to sign Gavrikov...
But I also think that it should somewhat be tuned and set less extreme. In most of cases KHL teams are ok with their players leaving, and players themselves should feel like it's time to move to the NHL.

Last edited by Alessandro; 03-16-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
websterd
Bat Boy

That makes sense, it is realistic when you look at it that way. I've even had a couple draftees from junior Finnish and Czech leagues opt to sign in the KHL if I didn't sign them immediately after the draft, and they just kept renewing their contracts without ever giving me a window to throw out an offer. Frustrating, to say the least.