Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-10-2018, 09:00 PM   #201
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Oops!!!

LGO Update 4 error

Found an error in one of my tables that caused all the weekday games to start at the weekend game times. I will need to change the files and upload them again. Sorry about this.....

Here is the correct file collection:
Attached Files
File Type: zip LGO Files - update 4.zip (99.6 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 04-11-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #202
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Well, looks like I haven't done one of these in a while...

1883 NORTHWESTERN LEAGUE

Teams:

Bay City (MI)
East Saginaw (MI) Grays
Ft Wayne (IN) Hoosiers
Grand Rapids (MI)
Peoria (IL) Reds
Quincy (IL)
Springfield (IL)
Toledo (OH) Blue Stockings

Schedule Characteristics:

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G84_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="84" start_month="5" start_day="1" start_day_of_week="3"

Each team plays 84 games. Teams play each other 12 times.

Season starts on May 1 and ends on September 29. Weekday and Saturday games start at 3:00. Holiday (May 30 and July 4) double-header games start at noon and 3:00. No Sunday games.

There are a number of errors (and what I assumed to be errors) in the printed schedule (Sporting Life 4/29/1883). I'm reasonably confident I corrected all of them. The schedule still has an inexplicable ten-day gap from 6/22 to 7/1. I'm not sure what was going on there, but if you wanted to hold an all-star game, that would be the perfect time for it.

Northwestern League 1883.lsdl
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #203
cmcgill
All Star Reserve

I've got hundreds of minor league schedules that I've collected over the years from newspapers and The Sporting Life. The vast majority of them are 1922 and earlier. If you're ever looking for a specific schedule, let me know, and I'll see if I have it.
cmcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #204
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcgill View Post
I've got hundreds of minor league schedules that I've collected over the years from newspapers and The Sporting Life. The vast majority of them are 1922 and earlier. If you're ever looking for a specific schedule, let me know, and I'll see if I have it.
I greatly appreciate the offer. I have quite a few myself, but I know there are gaps in my collection. If I ever find that I need a specific schedule, I'll let you know.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #205
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1936 BI-STATE LEAGUE

Teams:

Bassett (VA) Furnituremakers
Danville (VA) Leafs
Fieldale (VA) Towlers
Leaksville-Draper-Spray (NC) Triplets
Martinsville (VA) Manufacturers
Mayodan (NC) Orphans
Mt. Airy (NC) Reds
Reidsville (NC) Luckies

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G120_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="120" start_month="4" start_day="24" start_day_of_week="6"

Each team plays 120 games. Teams play six opponents 17 times and one opponent 18 times. Teams play either 59 or 61 home games.

Season starts on April 24 and ends on September 7. Weekday and Saturday games start at 7:30. Sunday games start at 1:00. Holiday (May 30 and July 4) split home-and-home double-header games start at noon and 7:30. Labor Day double-headers start at noon and 3:00. Sunday games only at Fieldale and Bassett.

A class-D bus circuit astride the Virginia-North Carolina border, in case you were curious.

Bi-State League 1936.lsdl

Last edited by joefromchicago; 01-26-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #206
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

I see the thread hasn't been active in awhile but I will put in my request anyway. I'm looking for the 1977 Southern League schedule, any format will work.

Thanks
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #207
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisenberg View Post
I see the thread hasn't been active in awhile but I will put in my request anyway. I'm looking for the 1977 Southern League schedule, any format will work.

Thanks
I'd be happy to make it. Do you have a copy? Because I don't. The Sporting News (which is the main resource for schedules online) stopped publishing minor-league schedules some time in the 1960s. Instead, they offered a booklet of baseball schedules for the price of 25 or 50 cents. Those booklets would be gold mines of information for schedule makers, but, of course, nobody ever saved them or posted them online. So if you have that schedule or can point me in the direction of it, I'll make it.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:38 PM   #208
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

No, I can't find a copy anywhere. I guess I will have to go through newspaper archives to compile it. Was just hoping someone might have it, to save me the research.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:53 PM   #209
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1884 IRON & OIL LEAGUE

Teams:

East Liberty (OH) Liberty Stars
Franklin (PA)
New Brighton (PA)
New Castle (PA) Neshannocks
Oil City (PA)
Youngstown (OH)

<SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G70_T6_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="70" start_month="5" start_day="5" start_day_of_week="2">

Each team plays 70 games. Teams play each opponent 14 times.

Season starts on May 5 and ends on October 4. Weekday and Saturday games start at 3:00. No Sunday games. Split home-and-home double-header games start at 10:00 and 3:00.

Baseball Reference calls this the Iron & Oil Association, but my source (The Sporting Life, 3/26/1884) calls it the I & O League. There are some obvious errors in the printed schedule that I've corrected. For instance, New Brighton is listed as playing at home on June 31. I moved that game to July 31. The final day of the season, on which all of the teams play split double-headers, is listed as August 5. That was a Sunday, and Pennsylvania did not allow Sunday games at that time. I moved those games to Saturday, August 4. The only other Sunday date was a single game at Franklin versus East Liberty. I moved it to July 24.

Iron & Oil 1884.lsdl

Last edited by joefromchicago; 11-23-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:32 PM   #210
cmcgill
All Star Reserve

Here's a compilation of league schedules that might be useful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9aET_E8lk/edit
cmcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:27 PM   #211
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcgill View Post
Here's a compilation of league schedules that might be useful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9aET_E8lk/edit
That's awesome! Thanks so much for that. A lot of those I already had, either from The Sporting News or Sporting Life, but it looks like your newspaper scans for the 1920s are much better than the ones that I found in TSN. Also, your list has schedules from the 1960s and '70s that I haven't been able to find. A great resource for all schedule makers!
Old 09-04-2021, 01:51 PM   #212
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1896 EASTERN INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE

Teams:

Farnham (QC)
Hull (QC)
Malone (NY)
Montreal (QC)
Plattsburgh (NY)
St. Albans (VT)
St. Hyacinthe (QC)

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G24_T7_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="24" start_month="5" start_day="23" start_day_of_week="7"

Each team plays 24 games. Teams play each opponent 4 times.

Season starts on May 23 and ends on September 19. Weekday and Saturday games start at 3:00. Sunday and holiday (Victoria Day (Canada), Decoration Day (US), Dominion Day (Canada), Independence Day (US)) games start at 1:00. Split home-and-home double-header games start at 10:00 and 3:00.

Another odd league with an odd number of teams. Baseball Reference doesn't list this league in its minor-league database, so it might have been semi-pro or outside of organized baseball. The published schedule has Plattsburgh playing at Montreal three times: I made Montreal the visitor for the September 9 game, as I suspect that was a misprint. Plattsburgh and St. Albans play the only double-header of the season on June 5.

Eastern International 1896.lsdl

Last edited by joefromchicago; 09-04-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #213
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1888 NEW ENGLAND INTERSTATE LEAGUE

Teams:

Dover
Haverhill (MA)
Nashua
Portsmouth Lillies
Rochester

All teams in NH except for Haverhill

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G88_T5_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="88" start_month="5" start_day="12" start_day_of_week="7"

Each team plays 88 games. Teams play each opponent 22 times.

Season starts on May 12 and ends on September 22. Weekday and Saturday games start at 3:00. Holiday split double-header games start at 10:00 and 3:00. No games on Sundays.

Why not follow a seven-team league with a five-team league? This one required a bit of research. Baseball Reference lists this as the New England Interstate League, probably to differentiate it from the Interstate League, which existed in various forms primarily in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and the Central Interstate League, which also played in 1888 and which BR confusingly refers to as the Interstate League. My source (Boston Globe, 5/3/1888) simply called it the Interstate League, without the "New England" qualifier.

BR identifies Dover as Dover, DE and Rochester as Rochester, NY. That can't be right. The amount of travel for such a small league would have been ridiculous if teams from Delaware and New York were members. Furthermore, Rochester, NY had a club in the International Association that year. It makes much more sense that those cities were Dover and Rochester, NH, thus making for a very compact and cost-effective circuit.

There were some obvious errors in the schedule that I corrected. My source did not identify which teams hosted the split home-and-home double-headers on Decoration Day and Independence Day, so I guessed. The schedule has Haverhill playing two home games on September 3 - the first Monday in September - against Dover and Nashua. I thought that this was a misprint, but it seems that Massachusetts recognized Labor Day as a holiday in 1887 - seven years before it became a federal holiday. So it makes sense that Haverhill, the only team in the league located in Massachusetts, would have had a double-header (morning and afternoon) on Labor Day.

New England Interstate League 1888.lsdl

Last edited by joefromchicago; 09-05-2021 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:49 PM   #214
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1898 ATLANTIC LEAGUE

Teams:

Allentown (PA) Peanuts
Hartford (CT) Cooperatives
Lancaster (PA) Maroons
Newark (NJ) Colts
Norfolk (VA) Jewels
Paterson (NJ) Weavers
Reading (PA) Coal Heavers
Richmond (VA) Bluebirds

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G139_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="139" start_month="4" start_day="25" start_day_of_week="2"

Teams play 128 to 139 games. Teams play each opponent 18 to 23 times.

Season starts on April 25 and ends on September 14. Weekday and Saturday games start at 3:00. Sunday games start at 1:00. Double-header games start at noon and 3:00. Holiday split double-header games (Newark-Paterson) start at 10:00 and 3:00. Sunday games only at Newark and Paterson.

This is a schedule that I actually made a couple of years ago, but I didn't post it at the time because I was probably amazed at how weird the whole thing was. My source (Sporting Life, 4/2/1898) says that "the schedule calls for 132 games." In fact, no team was scheduled to play 132 games. Instead, the league scheduled extra Sunday games at Newark and Paterson to take advantage of New Jersey's lack of Sunday blue laws. Richmond, however, refused to play any Sunday games. even on the road, leading to the following away/home breakdown:
Allentown: 67/64 = 131
Hartford: 67/64 = 131
Lancaster: 68/67 = 135
Newark: 65/74 = 139
Norfolk: 72/63 = 135
Paterson: 66/72 = 138
Reading: 66/65 = 131
Richmond: 63/65 = 128
In addition, according to my source the season was supposed to end on September 10, but Norfolk plays four additional road games after that date (one in Newark, three in Lancaster), so the league's season actually ends on September 14, even though most teams are finished on the 10th.

So yeah, it's weird, but if you're playing with historical schedules from this era, you really need to be prepared to embrace the weirdness.

Atlantic League 1898.lsdl
Old 09-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #215
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1924 APPALACHIAN LEAGUE

Teams:

Bristol (VA) State Liners
Greeneville Burley Cubs
Johnson City Soldiers
Kingsport Indians
Knoxville Pioneers
Morristown Roosters

All teams located in TN except for Bristol

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G112_T6_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="112" start_month="5" start_day="15" start_day_of_week="5"

Teams play 112 games. Teams play either 55 or 57 home games. Teams play each opponent 18 to 31 times.

Season starts on May 15 and ends on September 3. Weekday and Saturday games start at 3:00. Double-header games start at noon and 3:00. No Sunday games.

This class-D league played a split schedule, with the first half ending after the games on July 9.

Appalachian League 1924.lsdl

The published league schedule doesn't actually show any double-headers. I only found that information in the article that accompanied the schedule (Johnson City Chronicle, 4/17/1924). Going strictly by the published schedule and eliminating the double-headers, we get a rather elegant 96-game schedule with the following characteristics:

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G96_T6_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="96" start_month="5" start_day="15" start_day_of_week="5"

Teams play 96 games. Teams play 48 home games. Teams play each opponent 18 or 24 times.

Appalachian League 1924 basic.lsdl
Old 01-18-2022, 12:44 AM   #216
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Just a quick question: So when using a split-season schedule, is the process basically just this?

1. Import schedule
2. Under Schedule Settings, check the box to Enable Split Season Format

At that point the game will know where to split the season and know what to do at the end of each half of the season? It'll reset the standings (keep the 1st half standings somewhere so they can be viewed?), and come playoff time will know to match the first half winner vs second half winner? Will it give HFA to the half-winner with the best record, or? In the case of the same team winning both halves, will it match the overall 1st place team against the overall 2nd place team?

I can certainly test some of this stuff, but I'm sure some here know the answers

Thanks in advance.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:31 AM   #217
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Just a quick question: So when using a split-season schedule, is the process basically just this?

1. Import schedule

At that point the game will know where to split the season and know what to do at the end of each half of the season? It'll reset the standings (keep the 1st half standings somewhere so they can be viewed?), and come playoff time will know to match the first half winner vs second half winner? Will it give HFA to the half-winner with the best record, or? In the case of the same team winning both halves, will it match the overall 1st place team against the overall 2nd place team?

I can certainly test some of this stuff, but I'm sure some here know the answers

Thanks in advance.
I genuinely don't know. I've never played with a split-season schedule, I just make them
Old 01-19-2022, 05:04 PM   #218
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Joe. I tested it out and here's what I was able to determine:

Where I suggested that the only steps were...
1. Import schedule

... it's not quite that simple. There are actually two initial steps:

1. Set the number of games in OOTP (League Settings > Options, under Schedule Settings) to match the number of games in the schedule to be imported.*
2. Make sure the balanced/unbalanced setting matches the indicator in the schedule to be imported.*
3. Import schedule
4. Under Schedule Settings, check the box to Enable Split Season Format (I think this step can be done earlier; might not matter exactly when)
*otherwise you'll get an error message when you attempt to import the schedule

As far as my specific questions:

At that point the game will know where to split the season and know what to do at the end of each half of the season? Apparently so. In my test of the 1930 PCL, where the imported schedule is 201 games, OOTP split the season at 100 games. So I'm guessing that for determining where to split the season, OOTP divides the total number of games in half, and in the case where the total number of games is an odd number, it rounds down.

It'll reset the standings (keep the 1st half standings somewhere so they can be viewed?)... Once you start the 2nd half of the split-season, on the Standings panel the standings will continue to reflect the cumulative standings, but this can be changed via the dropdown in the vicinity of the top left of the panel, where you can choose Overall, First Half, or Second Half standings. Beneath the main standings the team & record of the 1st half winner will be shown, and beneath that the team & record of the 2nd half leader. In addition, overall, 1st half, and 2nd half records/standings can be found on the Expanded Standings panel, although the teams are locked-listed in the order of the first half standings.

... and come playoff time will know to match the first half winner vs second half winner? With default settings, yep.

Will it give HFA to the half-winner with the best record? With default settings, yep. Although you can of course edit this.

In the case of the same team winning both halves, will it match the overall 1st place team against the overall 2nd place team? Again, with default settings, yes. In my test, Hollywood won both halves, and Seattle had the 2nd best overall record. They were matched up in the championship series.

Note: The Custom Playoff option is disabled when Split Season is enabled. So, for example, if you wanted to have something whacky like the top two finishers in the first half qualifying, along with the top two finishers for the 2nd half, you can't do that. At least not that I can figure out. (And I guess this makes sense: In a split-season format, the options offered, and what do in the case of 1, 2, or 3 of the teams being repeat winners in each half, well that would be a programming nightmare, I'd think.

Last edited by thehef; 01-19-2022 at 05:06 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 01-23-2022, 02:33 PM   #219
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

That's very useful to know. Thanks!

Although it's a bit disappointing that the game decides to split the season exactly in the middle. Leagues didn't always have equal halves, preferring instead to end the first half on July 4 or on a weekend when they could hold double-headers. The Negro Leagues, for example, traditionally ended the first half of the season on July 4.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #220
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
That's very useful to know. Thanks!

Although it's a bit disappointing that the game decides to split the season exactly in the middle. Leagues didn't always have equal halves, preferring instead to end the first half on July 4 or on a weekend when they could hold double-headers. The Negro Leagues, for example, traditionally ended the first half of the season on July 4.
In 1931, both the PCL and Western League didn't decide to split their seasons until days before they ended the first half of the season. IOW, the PCL announced on July 1st that - with Hollywood having a 6.5 game lead over 2nd place Portland - they'd split their season, with the 1st half ending on Sunday, July 5th (with doubleheaders on both Independence Day-Saturday, and on Sunday the 5th), and the second half beginning - after a scheduled travel day - on Tuesday, July 7th. After Sunday's games, the teams had played an average of 89 games (had there been no rainouts, each team would've played 92 games) of what would become a 187-game schedule.

I suppose for a split-season schedule, the OOTP schedule file should include a line entry that tells the game when to split the schedule. Something like this:

<GAME day="90" time="1500" away="6" home="3"/>
<GAME day="90" time="1500" away="4" home="1"/>
<SPLIT>
<GAME day="92" time="1500" away="1" home="6"/>
<GAME day="92" time="1500" away="5" home="7"/>

And, in the absence of a "SPLIT" indicator OOTP could simply then split the season at the halfway mark, as it does now.

Last edited by thehef; 01-24-2022 at 02:39 PM. Reason: clarity