Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #121
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

A patch has been deployed.

v1.8 (8/21/2010)
* Fixed error in loading some league files
* Fix bug on playoff leaderboard showing minor league stats
Old 08-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #122
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I get this same error message using Windows 7:

The latest patch will now work for your league files.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #123
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #124
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Wow. This is amazing.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #125
DCHepler25
All Star Starter

I don't know why I never checked this post out before, but this exactly what I've been looking for to use with my solo league.

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #126
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

for anyone who is experiencing problems with text displaying (except when mouse hovers over), can you let me know which skin you are using?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #127
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

I haven't read every single post, but I'm intrigued by this tool for solo league play. I play stats only though and I don't want to suddenly have the ability to "cheat". Is there a way to utilize the amazing looking stats features without gaining unwanted access to ratings?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #128
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I haven't read every single post, but I'm intrigued by this tool for solo league play. I play stats only though and I don't want to suddenly have the ability to "cheat". Is there a way to utilize the amazing looking stats features without gaining unwanted access to ratings?
You could still use the HOF, Playoff Leaderboard, and Team Rater screens and avoid clicking on the other screens.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #129
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
You could still use the HOF, Playoff Leaderboard, and Team Rater screens and avoid clicking on the other screens.
Cool. Thanks.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #130
Mitch McQuick
Minors (Double A)

lighthousekeeper,

I managed to get your slick application running on my system pretty smoothly.

I've been looking for a way to input minor leaguers' real world seasonal batting, pitching, and fielding stats into the game via a method that is more efficient than using the Export Stats / Import Stats text file options on the Game Setup screen of OOTP 11. My primary motivation to do so is that many minor leaguers' 2008 and 2009 stats weren't made available in OOTP11, and besides those I'd also like to add real-world 2010 stats for minor leaguers that played in the lower levels during 2010 (perhaps even some higher 2010 MLB draft picks) before I proceed to a 2011 simulation.

With your dat file reader, I can edit the batting-season and pitching-season files but cannot save any of the edits (I assume that's why you call it a "reader" and not an "editor"). If I could save those edits, I'd be able to add rows to those files to incorporate new real-world seasons of stats as well as fix erroneous data in the OOTP-provided files. Do you foresee inclusion of the option to save edits to those files in your future releases of this application (or is it just not possible to reconstruct players.dat after you deconstruct it?)? And if not, how else might I be able to edit the batting-season and pitching-season files from the players.dat file in a spreadsheetish format?

Thank you.
Mitch McQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #131
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch McQuick View Post
lighthousekeeper,

I managed to get your slick application running on my system pretty smoothly.

I've been looking for a way to input minor leaguers' real world seasonal batting, pitching, and fielding stats into the game via a method that is more efficient than using the Export Stats / Import Stats text file options on the Game Setup screen of OOTP 11. My primary motivation to do so is that many minor leaguers' 2008 and 2009 stats weren't made available in OOTP11, and besides those I'd also like to add real-world 2010 stats for minor leaguers that played in the lower levels during 2010 (perhaps even some higher 2010 MLB draft picks) before I proceed to a 2011 simulation.

With your dat file reader, I can edit the batting-season and pitching-season files but cannot save any of the edits (I assume that's why you call it a "reader" and not an "editor"). If I could save those edits, I'd be able to add rows to those files to incorporate new real-world seasons of stats as well as fix erroneous data in the OOTP-provided files. Do you foresee inclusion of the option to save edits to those files in your future releases of this application (or is it just not possible to reconstruct players.dat after you deconstruct it?)? And if not, how else might I be able to edit the batting-season and pitching-season files from the players.dat file in a spreadsheetish format?

Thank you.
i would like to do this as a long-term goal, but it's very difficult to implement
Old 10-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #132
longshotsoftball
Minors (Double A)

RE: Originally Posted by koohead
You guys get the menu tree on the left hand side of the screen at all?
No, all I get is File (Exit is the only drop down) Options (general is the only drop down) and Help. On the right hand side is League File with a "Load" button.

I have read through the posts and i am having the same problem as above...How do i get the program to load the files? am i doing something wrong?

I d/l version 1.8 running on a windows vista.
longshotsoftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #133
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshotsoftball View Post
RE: Originally Posted by koohead
You guys get the menu tree on the left hand side of the screen at all?
No, all I get is File (Exit is the only drop down) Options (general is the only drop down) and Help. On the right hand side is League File with a "Load" button.

I have read through the posts and i am having the same problem as above...How do i get the program to load the files? am i doing something wrong?

I d/l version 1.8 running on a windows vista.
When you first install and run the game, what you describe is expected. Click on the button with the picture of a folder on it, which will popup a little screen asking you to pick a folder. Browser for the folder called "saved_games" (which for most people is stored under something like: [My Documents]/OOTP Baseball11/).

Once you pick the correct "saved games" folder (which contains all your league's xxx.lg folders), then more buttons will appear.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #134
PadresFan
All Star Starter

This has been posted to the Misc. page of my website....
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #135
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

Does This work with 11.2.28?

Hi, I just loaded the program using the latest patch (11.2.28). The Team Rater and Playoff Leaderboard seemed to work, but the Dev Tracker and HOF utilities just gave me a blank screen. Can you help? I have a 64 bit Vista computer and am using the 1.8 version of the program.
gglennwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #136
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Well, Battists and the others have very valid concerns regarding online leagues, so I fully support their decision for taking the utility down. The utility makes it too easy to cheat in online leagues in a variety of ways (and you would never now who's cheating), which would in turn make playing in online leagues not as fun since there's always that spectre of potential cheating looming.

TonyM has provided me with some input that I can use to secure this up - hopefully I can get to it this weekend.
Seems to me that is the concern of the commissioners in on-line leagues and shouldn't effect those of us who play solo.

I wish someone would explain to me where the joy is in winning when you know you had to cheat to do it.

Anyway, this is a cool mod. It's basically what I've been hoping for.

However, on the development tracker page I am not getting any player names.

Last edited by StyxNCa; 12-24-2010 at 01:56 AM.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #137
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyxNCa View Post

However, on the development tracker page I am not getting any player names.
Me either.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #138
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Wow, this is really awesome! I stumbled across this while searching tonight, and love the Hall of Fame and playoff leaderboards! I've been manually exporting and using excel formulas, but this is going to save me a ton of time.

This is definitely one of the most useful utilities I've come across. Thanks for all of your work in putting this together!
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #139
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

I guess the mod creator has dropped off the face of the earth. Too bad.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #140
Old Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Maybe he is just taking a very well deserved break.
I sure hope he has not really disappeared. I just pre-ordered OOTP12

Old Dog
Old Dog is offline   Reply With Quote