Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 02:34 PM   #41
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagrims
*gulp* I thought (2) was the best answer. Now I'm severely misconfused.
OK - guess I should have taken my medicine before posting - this is now edited and correct - sorry for causing you to be misconfused...
Old 03-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #42
Steely Glint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally posted by NoxiousDog
Man, wouldn't it be great if every hour at your place of employment your boss came up and said, "How's the progress? Is it done yet? How's it going? How much time do you think it will take?"
Oh, you've met my boss then?
Old 03-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #43
Huh??
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Call me crazy but I'm hard pressed to see any cause for the uproar. The expected release of the game hasn't even arrived, and people are already going off their hinges. The game has never suffered a massive problem in its ENTIRE HISTORY that has caused it to be delayed for months like several video games are.

People are getting a reduced pre-order price, the ability to return the game if they don't like it, and oh, the most obvious thing, OOTP6!
Old 03-26-2004, 02:40 PM   #44
Claybor
All Star Starter

A game can bring so much passion/hostility to a bunch of folks just posting on a webpage must be worth waiting for. Wait sit back, be patient, crack open a cold one, (if your of age of course ) smoke em if ya get em, and relax.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:42 PM   #45
Steely Glint
Major Leagues

Opening Day is April 4th, 2004, which is <drum roll> only nine days from now.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:44 PM   #46
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Huh??
Call me crazy but I'm hard pressed to see any cause for the uproar. The expected release of the game hasn't even arrived, and people are already going off their hinges. The game has never suffered a massive problem in its ENTIRE HISTORY that has caused it to be delayed for months like several video games are.

People are getting a reduced pre-order price, the ability to return the game if they don't like it, and oh, the most obvious thing, OOTP6!
Yeah - did you ever get your copy of Duke Nukem Forever? I think the first release date on that was sometime in 2000. I just looked and found a FAQ on the web for that game that says "the game will be released when it's done". I'm with you - OOTP has done a great job in my opinion.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:52 PM   #47
D Love
All Star Reserve

Good thing we don't have sticky posts covering this topic...
Old 03-26-2004, 02:52 PM   #48
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by crackpott

Everyone is saying that people will get annoyed if the release date comes and goes, but frankly I'm more annoyed that there is no date at all. I'd rather have at least an indication even if it's off by a bit than just a general "we'll release it when it's ready..." I agree don't release it if it's NOT ready, but that doesn't mean there can't be an estimated date when it will be. For those of us in online leagues who are waiting to convert, it would be nice to have an idea how long we have to kill time for.

crackpott, they did give a "soft" release date... Opening day of the MLB season.

That's been posted more than once already....
Old 03-26-2004, 02:58 PM   #49
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by jdbolick
It's a baseball game, and the baseball season starts shortly. OOTP6 should be out now, not some undetermined time in the future.
It seems OOTP is trying to get a certain game with certain features out and allowing for haziness in the release date. I see the more big time companies as usually trying to be more precise with the release date and allowing for some range in how the game turns out. OOTP in my mind is like a family business. Maybe it is not out on opening day, and maybe the webpage still features V5 prominently, and maybe things like that add up to OOTP not expanding like it could. Maybe they actually don't care about selling the most possible games and making the most possible money. If so, that's okay with me even if it doesn't make sense to everyone.

Here's an analogy: we're like the crotchety old guys in the flannel shirts and overalls at the old main street hardware store because we so much prefer its product, how we're taken care of there, and the online forums. Wait, what was I talking about originally?
Old 03-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #50
crackpott
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by statfreak
crackpott, they did give a "soft" release date... Opening day of the MLB season.

That's been posted more than once already....
hmm... I've seen people state it, but I haven't heard anything from Steve or Markus. Maybe I just missed the post. If that's the case, I have no more beef. I just got kinda flustered when I was talking to Steve and he kept pointing to his signature.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #51
dangarion
All Star Reserve

I heard from my sisters brothers mothers friends boyfriends cousin that OOTP 6 is going to be skipped and that OOTP Xtreme will be the new version in 2005 but you didn't hear it from me.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:17 PM   #52
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by kq76
I'm curious (and I've been feeling stupid for not asking this before I pre-ordered), but what if the game is not released on opening day? Or April 15th? Or by opening day 2005? Oh, I'm sure it will be sometime in the next few weeks and I'm not chomping at the bit like some seem to be, but I don't recall anything about if it is not. I just figure that if you pre-order something there should be some date at which if you have not got the product or service by then you should be able to get your money back. Again, I'm sure we'll see the game soon, I just think there should be if not clauses with pre-orders.
If you purchase through a credit card you can always dispute the charge.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:18 PM   #53
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by crackpott
hmm... I've seen people state it, but I haven't heard anything from Steve or Markus. Maybe I just missed the post. If that's the case, I have no more beef. I just got kinda flustered when I was talking to Steve and he kept pointing to his signature.
It's in one of the OOTP6 update threads Markus posted.

Steve doesn't seem to have much tolerance or patience for being helpful and almost always defers to his 'sig' or another thread... even if it would be quicker and more helpful to just post a 5 word reply. Not a slam on Steve, but sometimes I think he should be more customer-oriented and less of a crotchety grumpus...
Old 03-26-2004, 03:26 PM   #54
TC Dale
Global Moderator

I don't know. If you answered the same 3 questions 2000 times a day, I would point to a thread or a sig as well.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #55
Shorty
All Star Reserve

Actually, I held a gun to my mom's head and made her buy it for me. It rawked.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:33 PM   #56
Schmidty
Minors (Single A)

I'm bored.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:36 PM   #57
Shorty
All Star Reserve

Go lose the division race.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:36 PM   #58
treedom
Hall Of Famer

it's still friday...and now very close to happy hour!
Old 03-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #59
manooly
Major Leagues

I need an adult beverage. Sorry for starting this thread.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:09 PM   #60
Magyar Bill
Minors (Single A)

I just know that it will be released next Friday, when I'm on the road to an out-of-town wedding and won't be home until Sunday afternoon. I'm just hoping that I'm wrong and it comes out earlier so I can get a little action in before this $%#$%^* wedding.
Closed Thread