Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:37 AM   #1
tem316
Minors (Triple A)

Improved Expansion Options

Will anything be done to improve the Expansion Process or will we still need to either 1)Accept real Expansion Teams and Player Personnel; 2) Play entire Prior Season and accept the Player Personnel the Sim Chooses? Also, when will you EVER add the options to A) Buy out a bad Contract; B) Offer just retired Players the opportunity to Coach and/ or Manage (when in Challenge mode)?
tem316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hidden somewhere in the feature list are improvements to the league expansion. Now, when the league expands (or when you want to expand), you can go to a new expansion customization dialog, where you can edit which cities get picked, and how their minor league teams are arranged, and there's a few options to control what comes with the new teams too.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem316 View Post
Will anything be done to improve the Expansion Process or will we still need to either 1)Accept real Expansion Teams and Player Personnel; 2) Play entire Prior Season and accept the Player Personnel the Sim Chooses? Also, when will you EVER add the options to A) Buy out a bad Contract; B) Offer just retired Players the opportunity to Coach and/ or Manage (when in Challenge mode)?

I can’t think of any MLB contract (except Alex Rodriguez and that was a special situation) that was bought out. This just doesn’t happen in the MLB. NBA, sure, but not MLB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #4
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Hidden somewhere in the feature list are improvements to the league expansion. Now, when the league expands (or when you want to expand), you can go to a new expansion customization dialog, where you can edit which cities get picked, and how their minor league teams are arranged, and there's a few options to control what comes with the new teams too.

That's a nice addition! It'll definitely save control freaks like me some busy work.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #5
tem316
Minors (Triple A)

You might add Chris Davis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
I can’t think of any MLB contract (except Alex Rodriguez and that was a special situation) that was bought out. This just doesn’t happen in the MLB. NBA, sure, but not MLB.

tem316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:14 PM   #6
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

At least the past few times, expansion teams take part in the amateur draft the year before their inaugural season, and those drafted players play in short-season and rookie leagues the year before the major team starts playing. Is this implemented in OOTP 21? Would help expansion teams fill out their minors with youngsters while providing them with a top prospect or two, like in real life.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #7
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

Matt, any changes to the expansion draft setup itself (changing hte protect lists between rounds, for example)?
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #8
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem316 View Post
You might add Chris Davis!

What did I miss? Chris Davis hasn’t been bought out.

slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
What did I miss? Chris Davis hasn’t been bought out.

Davis hasn't been, but Bobby Bonilla was quite famously bought out. It does occasionally happen.
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #10
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Heltons been getting paid since like 2014 think he gets paid till like 2023. Manram getting paid till 2026.Saberhagen 2028. Ichiro 2032. Ken Griffey Jr 2024

Last edited by jimmysthebestcop; 03-02-2020 at 03:45 PM.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:42 AM   #11
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Will we have the option of having expansion teams enter the league at the beginnings of an MLB Live Start?
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #12
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Game changer for dynasty leagues!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:43 AM   #13
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
Davis hasn't been, but Bobby Bonilla was quite famously bought out. It does occasionally happen.
See, to me, being bought out means a team says "Here's a lump sum of money, now go away."

Whereas the Mets said "We're going to pay you for 34 years after you retire, now go away."

Not being bought out in my book. They're still paying him, and will continue to do so for another 14 years!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:44 PM   #14
84Cubs
Minors (Triple A)

Are league expansions random or time based rather than based on overall league health? What I mean by League health is depth of talent as well as financial success, fan popularity and/or economic opportunities. I'm sure it's random or time based but it would be cool if there were pragmatic reasons similar to why MLB would expand.

Last edited by 84Cubs; 03-04-2020 at 01:55 PM.
84Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #15
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Now, when the league expands (or when you want to expand), you can go to a new expansion customization dialog, where you can edit which cities get picked, and how their minor league teams are arranged, and there's a few options to control what comes with the new teams too.
I have been using the the OOTP20 expansion wizard like this for several saves. I start up a standard game, run for 10 years then select Montreal Expos and Vancouver Mounties as expansion teams. I then get rid of the two Central Divisions by easily moving teams to new 8-team East-West divisional alignments. The game generates minor league teams, and I sometimes select more appropriate cities/nicknames for them. Not hard at all.

So I don't understand what's new for OOTP21?
Old 03-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #16
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

I've never seen the game automatically generate minor league teams when expanding.
Rain King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #17
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
I've never seen the game automatically generate minor league teams when expanding.
It does for me. I've done that at least a half-dozen times.

I'm a bit perplexed why that doesn't work for you?

Last edited by Leo_The_Lip; 03-09-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Leo_The_Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:47 PM   #18
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I know with Geographic the new Teams go in right division.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:57 PM   #19
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC87...ature=youtu.be

44 or 45 minute mark
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:10 PM   #20
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
The problem they specifically spoke of--two AA teams--has never happened to me. I've always gotten one team at each level in the half dozen (or more) expansions I have triggered.

The geographic thing mentioned above sounds 'off' because with two new MLB teams, the two MiLB teams at each level must go in the same league for balancing schedules. So I'm unsure what is the benefit there.

If they have fixed an issue I have luckily never encountered, then great!