Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Exclamation Franchise Hockey Manager 6 Public Beta Download Links

The FHM6 Pre-release public beta is now underway. If you have pre-purchased Franchise Hockey Manager 6, the beta version of the game (Fastspring version only - the Steam version will be available during the full release on Friday, October 11) is now available for download nad emails with your serial numbers are now being sent out. This is our first release using Fastspring instead of eSellerate, and while we don't anticipate

PC Beta Installer Download:
http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com.../fhm6setup.exe

Mac OSX Beta Installer Download:
http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com...6Installer.dmg

Installation Instructions:

Download the correct installer for your system and start it. After you have installed the game (preferably to the default location) and started the game, click the "Enter License" button. Then enter your serial number (i.e. paste it via Ctrl + V or type it in) which you can find in the confirmation email of your purchase.

If you cannot find the serial number or you have activation issues, please see here for support: https://support.ootpdevelopments.com...k-developments

Please post any problems/bugs you run into in the Bug Reports Forum.

This is, as the name indicates, the pre-release, public beta version of the game, so we're still fixing, adding, and adjusting things prior to the official release on Friday. There are a few specific things you should be aware of (in addition to a variety of other minor things we're working on):

-rosters are updated as of opening night in the NHL (Wednesday, October 2). As always, though, the database is being worked on continuously and we'll be making changes and additions even before we start providing updates with current rosters a little later this fall.
-the mouse-click sound for main interface items defaults to "medium", which may be a bit loud for some tastes. It can be turned down (or off) from the Start Screen, go to Settings-Interface-Sound Volume
-the manual is still being finalized and will be available later in the week; I'll post some preliminary notes today on new features that require a little more explanation than might be self-evident
-remember that importing saves from FHM5 requires that the save be on July 1 (of any year); saves from versions earlier than 5 are not convertible
-all expansion is now handled via the structure editor, there is no longer a separate button to expand a league
-we've had some rare instances during testing of an odd bug that causes facegen images to fail to render properly, only showing the lower-left corner of the player's image. We thought we'd fixed it, but had a single incidence again last week. If this happens to you, please let us know and tell us what you recall doing immediately prior to seeing the first partial images (it seems to occur spontaneously while a game is underway.)

Generally speaking, it's safest to wait for the Friday release version, or even the first update next week, before embarking on any really long-term or large-scale projects with FHM6.

We may release an update to the prerelease version at some point this week, depending on the issues that are reported and the pace of preparations for the full release.

Thank you for supporting Out of the Park Developments.

The FHM6 Development Team

Last edited by JeffR; 10-07-2019 at 06:53 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like we've got an issue with the lines screen in the Fastspring version, drag-and-drop isn't working properly there for some reason, despite being OK in the Steam test build of the same game version. Investigating it now.

Update: we've released a new version that temporarily disables drag-and-drop on the lines screen (since using it now can cause crashes). Lines can still be changed by the old method of clicking the box beside the player on the dressed list, then clicking the spot in the lines you want him to go to (not in the box beside the name in the lines area, that's for locking players to a spot.) We're still trying to figure out why exactly it's broken; the problem seems to be limited entirely to the Fastspring Windows version - the Mac Fastspring version is OK, as are the Steam versions, and the development versions.

(I've edited the link in the first post in the main forum to go to the new version, you can re-download from there and it'll be the default for anyone downloading the game now.)

Last edited by JeffR; 10-07-2019 at 06:56 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Looks like we've got an issue with the lines screen in the Fastspring version, drag-and-drop isn't working properly there for some reason, despite being OK in the Steam test build of the same game version. Investigating it now.
Can confirm that I was trying to drag players into line spots and the game closed
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #4
Infinite_Jester54
Minors (Single A)

Having the same issue here!

Also, let me ask (since this is the first OOTPD game that I didn't get on Steam): how does patching work?
Infinite_Jester54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:22 PM   #5
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Jester54 View Post
Having the same issue here!

Also, let me ask (since this is the first OOTPD game that I didn't get on Steam): how does patching work?
Redownload and install it.
Adam B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Can confirm that I was trying to drag players into line spots and the game closed
Happening to me as well.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote