Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:12 PM   #41
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post
Some tournaments should have a cap (say 128 teams) and if more than that request a spot, then it should be random selection for entry. Not sure how that could work with a limit of three bullets - you could get shutout some weeks/periods.

I thought he said when one fills up another tourney opens with the same requirements to replace the recently filled one....
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 PM   #42
ruffyen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I figure there must be some allowance for team building beforehand, at a minimum. Otherwise this will require people to be online when the tournament starts, which is a barrier to entry that many won't be able to overcome. Additionally, I'd expect to see a bit of a grace period, because otherwise the last person to join a tournament that starts when filled will not have an opportunity to adjust their team (and ballpark maybe?) before sims start.

This may not be exactly what you were thinking about, but they're related and need to be considered before tournaments are rolled out...
Yeah I mean optimally I would like to have the ability to build lineup for each tournament "type" and save that off to be entered
ruffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:50 PM   #43
von_wilhelm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When will the Collection Missions come out?
von_wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:59 PM   #44
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

All sounds great. Looking forward to it.

Especially the card collecting missions. As someone who always sells my cards it's been interesting to say the least buying up lower ranked uncommon heroes.

I am totally in for if and when you have a tournaments/missions for players that have a food or beverage type in their name....

Pretzel Pezzullo. He's in the bullpen...
Daryl Strawberry. Done.
Jim Rice. Hello.
Zack Wheat. He'll rise to the occasion...
Pepper Martin might spice things up....

I don't even want to know what a Harry Chiti is but he can catch if needed.

The all Fowl Poles team... Goose Gossage, Ducky Medwick, Turkey Stearnes, Dennis Dove, Hawk Taylor, Chicken Wolf (Is he is Chicken or a Wolf?)...

The Fish Out Of Water team... Mike & Dizzy Trout, Tim Salmon, Catfish Hunter, George Haddock, Marlin Stuart, Bobby Sturgeon, Kevin Bass, Lip Pike, Ralph Gar(r)

The BreakFast Blends.... Jack Coffey... Would you like some George Creamer with that? Sugar Cane? Nah, I like my Joe Black...

OMG

This needs to be a thing devs

Last edited by webdox; 04-26-2019 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Having too much fun...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:23 PM   #45
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
All sounds great. Looking forward to it.

I don't even want to know what a Harry Chiti is but he can catch if needed.

he's the first player to be traded for himself.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Chiti

"On April 25, 1962—before he even played a game for the Indians—Chiti was acquired by the expansion New York Mets for a player to be named later. However, he was sent back to the Indians on June 15, 1962 after 15 games and a .195 batting average.[3] Since Chiti was the "player to be named later", he thus became the first player ever traded for himself. "
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:55 AM   #46
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
Thanks a lot for the overview Markus. Just what I was looking for. A few questions remain though if you have time to answer ...

1) Will your tournament team(s) re-use your regular PT Team Name and visuals? Or do you have the ability to setup a special team name and visuals for each tournament team?

2) Are player card stats generated in tournaments thrown away once each tournament has finished, or are they recorded and visible from their player card profile (similar to normal career batting/pitching/fielding stats that show now)?

3) Can player cards involved in one or more active tournaments be quicksold or auctioned while the tournament is going on? Do these cards in your inventory appear locked or have a visual indicator to let you know they are playing in tournament(s) so you don't inadvertently remove them from a tournament team?
1) Same as your regular team.
2) Yes, stats are not tracked and hence will be gone after the tournament is done.
3) They can be sold, so you need to be careful.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:12 AM   #47
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpk23 View Post
All of this is great news and I'm very exciting for the things to come. I have a couple questions though.

Tournaments:

1. If you are competing in a tournament for a special card, will you know who that card is and their ratings prior to the tournament?

2. Is there any option for the winner of a tournament to get to "choose" a card such as they pick whether they want an IF, OF, or P (whatever they feel is their weak position) not knowing what it will be?

3. If I have one perfect Pedro on my team, is it possible for him to be on all three of my tournament rosters at once or is each player only eligible to pay in 1 tournament at a time?

Collections:

1. You said that the cards to complete a collection are "locked" but you can sell the card you get.....If I sold the card I got as a reward, would the cards it took get that "exclusive" card still remain locked? I assume yes.

2. On the mission tab will it tell me the exact players (names and overall ratings) that I am missing to complete the set? For example if there is some kind of reward for collecting all the MLB LIVE players I would like to know who I am missing. I currently need 2 more players, but have absolutely no clue who they are. I'm just randomly searching all 75+ pages of MLB LIVE Cards on AH each day at this rate. LOL

Thank you very much for the update. I know a lot of us really appreciate it! Can't wait for the next few weeks/months when these things become a reality.
1) You will know the title and the value, but not specific ratings.
2) No.
3) All three.

1) Yes.
2) Yes, you will see who is missing, the card title is shown.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:15 AM   #48
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffyen View Post
Yeah I mean optimally I would like to have the ability to build lineup for each tournament "type" and save that off to be entered
We will liekly save the last roster for each tournament type, so once you have set it up for the first time, future tournaments of the same type will use that roster as the default when it starts.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:16 AM   #49
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by von_wilhelm View Post
When will the Collection Missions come out?
We don't know yet. We'll keep you updated on the progress
Old 04-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #50
ruffyen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We will liekly save the last roster for each tournament type, so once you have set it up for the first time, future tournaments of the same type will use that roster as the default when it starts.
Yeah that is totally acceptable from a v1 stand point, but I realllllly hope that there will be some added functionality for building rosters that aren't active at the moment. The way I have it in my head is like Magic The Gathering Online was where you could build a deck and save it, and then as part of the tournament or game start you could select a "deck" in this team select a squad.

I would even be ok with having the ability to export the teams as like csv/json and have the ability to import them. That way you could potentially have an api that other developers like myself could tap into to create deck builders etc.

None the less excited to play in some tourneys as my current PT team is on auto pilot, the only way the team gets better is if I pull a great card from a pack at this point.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #51
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Will tournaments be played on a neutral field? Otherwise, one sided teams have a huge advantage such as in 2 out of 3 if they get the home field advantage. I have not seen this posted, sorry if I missed it in my re-read.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:08 AM   #52
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I was thinking, you know how we have the option to save a custom lineup/pitching staff?

Maybe an option like that would help?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #53
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Will tournaments be played on a neutral field? Otherwise, one sided teams have a huge advantage such as in 2 out of 3 if they get the home field advantage. I have not seen this posted, sorry if I missed it in my re-read.
Hmmm. We have not decided this yet... but I personally would prefer to use the proper home park instead of a neutral one.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #54
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffyen View Post
Yeah that is totally acceptable from a v1 stand point, but I realllllly hope that there will be some added functionality for building rosters that aren't active at the moment. The way I have it in my head is like Magic The Gathering Online was where you could build a deck and save it, and then as part of the tournament or game start you could select a "deck" in this team select a squad.

I would even be ok with having the ability to export the teams as like csv/json and have the ability to import them. That way you could potentially have an api that other developers like myself could tap into to create deck builders etc.

None the less excited to play in some tourneys as my current PT team is on auto pilot, the only way the team gets better is if I pull a great card from a pack at this point.
Yes, eventually we'll make this very user friendly. We'll see how it goes
Old 04-25-2019, 12:56 PM   #55
skep
Minors (Double A)

I'd like to see some additional formats at some point.

Limited - You open say, 8 regular packs and 2 gold packs and make a team from that. You don't keep the cards.

Draft - You and say, 7 other players draft from a pool of players. You don't keep the cards.
skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:27 PM   #56
ruffyen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
I'd like to see some additional formats at some point.

Limited - You open say, 8 regular packs and 2 gold packs and make a team from that. You don't keep the cards.

Draft - You and say, 7 other players draft from a pool of players. You don't keep the cards.
I would even be for a couple formats that I have seen in other card games like

Sealed Tournament: Come to the tourney with [X] packs open pack choose player pass pack to next player. (Keep cards)

Sealed Tournament: Come with [X] packs build entire team from those packs(Keep cards)

I also like your idea of draft, but based on my experience with online leagues understand that this will take a good amount of time...maybe after the mobile app gets developed or something...
Old 04-25-2019, 08:53 PM   #57
skep
Minors (Double A)

I could see it working either way (or both ways). The possibilities to draw from other games like Magic, Hearthstone, poker and fantasy sports are rich.
skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:39 PM   #58
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I asked in a new thread and they sent me here. It says that the tournaments will be ready in April. We are running out of April, any news?

Thanks...
Old 04-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #59
dman7666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Hmmm. We have not decided this yet... but I personally would prefer to use the proper home park instead of a neutral one.
Markus, I have some suggestions regarding using what parks in tournaments:

1) If you are using the "proper" home park in a 3 game series the team that gets home field advantage in the final game could be determined by run differential (or some other comparable metric) from the first two games which I presume would be home and away.

2) For some tournaments they could be played in actual stadiums both current and historical. For instance, there could be a tournament that takes place in Ebbets Field. This would put all of the teams on a "level playing field" so to speak, and would give owners strategic opportunities to build rosters from their card collections that would be optimized for the ballpark being used in that tournament. Plus, it would be cool to have a chance to play in famous stadiums.
dman7666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:09 PM   #60
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Limited draft- or sealed-style tournaments is such an outstanding idea. I can imagine that it would be hard to do a synchronous 8 person draft, but doing an asynchronous sealed format where you just open 8-10 packs or something and build your team? Amazing.

The best option for limited formats in the long run imo is to go for something like a Hearthstone arena-style draft, since there is much more player agency in making the choices and a ton of the casual market is already familiar with that format. But that is probably an OOTP21 feature, given the development timescale.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote