Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
Black Death
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question re: inactive rosters

Noticed as I was scanning some of my competition that at least one had a Cobb 97 on his inactive, along with a host of other high value cards.

Don't care what folks do with their money, not opening that can o' worms but...

are there a limited number of each diamond and perfect card? Read Markus's comment about nobody pulling an astronomical Williams card, and it made me wonder. Are there 1? 10? 50? of each of these? Would love to know the answer as it'll refocus me on the AH if I'm just flogging the carrot looking for the higher end cards in packs.
Black Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #2
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
Noticed as I was scanning some of my competition that at least one had a Cobb 97 on his inactive, along with a host of other high value cards.

Don't care what folks do with their money, not opening that can o' worms but...

are there a limited number of each diamond and perfect card? Read Markus's comment about nobody pulling an astronomical Williams card, and it made me wonder. Are there 1? 10? 50? of each of these? Would love to know the answer as it'll refocus me on the AH if I'm just flogging the carrot looking for the higher end cards in packs.
I have diamonds and a few high golds on my bench for two reasons. A - I am still working on team strategy and playing with my roster. B - I have a few pitchers I think are interchangeable if one gets tired and/or is playing poorly.

As for pulling cards, it's all odds based. For example, you should pull a diamond card every 25 packs. For that diamond card, there is a set distribution of outcomes. While the figures are not public, I would guess that 80 - 85% of the time this will be a live diamond. The remaining 15 - 20% is a mix of the other card types, but heavily favors the historical all-stars.
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:06 PM   #3
Black Death
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I appreciate getting a sincere answer, as getting even near this topic previously has drawn quite a bit of fire. I can see the strategic issues, and I'm not questioning how these folks structure their roster...only asking if, as an example, if Cobb 97 is on 1 guy's inactive and 4 others are playing him...is that all there are, or do we have an infinite supply all based on the number of cards in play?

Also...if it's the latter...doesn't that mean when we sell cards back rather than sitting on them, even if they're junkers, that we're diminishing everyone's odds of drawing high point cards?
Black Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #4
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
I appreciate getting a sincere answer, as getting even near this topic previously has drawn quite a bit of fire. I can see the strategic issues, and I'm not questioning how these folks structure their roster...only asking if, as an example, if Cobb 97 is on 1 guy's inactive and 4 others are playing him...is that all there are, or do we have an infinite supply all based on the number of cards in play?

Also...if it's the latter...doesn't that mean when we sell cards back rather than sitting on them, even if they're junkers, that we're diminishing everyone's odds of drawing high point cards?
The odds of pulling cards are not influenced by the number of cards in the game.

As for the Ty Cobb 97 on the reserve roster, seems crazy to me as someone who runs a 96 Cobb as my starting CF, but is possible for one of those all 100s with a few high diamond teams.
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:44 PM   #5
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

If OOTP19 PT ran until the heat death of the universe, the population of every card would reach infinity (assuming we were all somehow alive to pull packs, and the servers were running, and that's not how infinity works...this was a terrible analogy).

Which is to say, there may be 5 of those Cobbs now, but tonight someone could get lucky and pull a 6th, and the status of the existing 5 Cobbs has no affect on those odds.

The population count of all cards is slowly increasing. For the historical diamonds/perfects, it's very slowly increasing.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:12 PM   #6
gosensgo101
Minors (Triple A)

They may have recently won Cobb in auction and not had a chance to add him to their active roster yet.
gosensgo101 is offline   Reply With Quote