Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:57 PM   #161
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Appears award icons are missing on the player pages after this latest patch update
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:16 AM   #162
The Game
Hall Of Famer

During my mid season review. My OW wants me to extend Mike Michigan. Problem is is is the DH/MGR for Stryper. He was a manual signing in both cases but shouldn't the AI know that he is not part of my team?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:15 PM   #163
adion
All Star Starter

Player photos issues

I am stilling having problems with some of the in-game photos. For instance, 1996 Indians, Omar Visquel and Brain Giles. Omar's picture in the Clevelnd players list is correct but the picture of him during the game is different, he is wearing a Seattle cap. I even replaced the picture of him in the Seattle cap in the folder for 1996 pictures but it still shows up in the game. In the case of Giles, again the correct picture in the pre-game players list but in the game it is a picture of someone else, I don't know who it is. I did a search of Giles in all the players photos folders and it comes up with him only, not this other guy. I have the link to data base section to the correct folder and I think I have the settings in players section correct. I have tried the reloading of players numerous time but nothing changes. Am I missing something. Thanks, Alan
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #164
adion
All Star Starter

Player photos issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I am stilling having problems with some of the in-game photos. For instance, 1996 Indians, Omar Visquel and Brain Giles. Omar's picture in the Clevelnd players list is correct but the picture of him during the game is different, he is wearing a Seattle cap. I even replaced the picture of him in the Seattle cap in the folder for 1996 pictures but it still shows up in the game. In the case of Giles, again the correct picture in the pre-game players list but in the game it is a picture of someone else, I don't know who it is. I did a search of Giles in all the players photos folders and it comes up with him only, not this other guy. I have the link to data base section to the correct folder and I think I have the settings in players section correct. I have tried the reloading of players numerous time but nothing changes. Am I missing something. Thanks, Alan
I did some more on this and here is what I found. The in-game picture for Brian Giles and Omar Vizquel is from the 2016 players photos. These pictures only show up in the in game in the batter info box. If you click on their name in that box or in Cleveland Substitution or line box, the correct picture from the 1996 photo folder is displayed.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #165
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

adion, look inside the .lg\news\html\ folder (for that particular saved game). Do you see two picture folders? I wonder what would happen if you emptied the picture files from those two folders and then restarted the game. Would that solve the problem?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #166
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
adion, look inside the .lg\news\html\ folder (for that particular saved game). Do you see two picture folders? I wonder what would happen if you emptied the picture files from those two folders and then restarted the game. Would that solve the problem?
Could actually just rename the folders and recreate blank ones with the same original folder names. Saves a little shuffling. FWIW
Old 08-08-2017, 10:14 PM   #167
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #168
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Could actually just rename the folders and recreate blank ones with the same original folder names. Saves a little shuffling. FWIW
I renamed the folder the photos folder to no avail. Then I just removed it and still had the problem. Tomorrow I will rename the 2016 players photo folder and see what happens. I am having the same problem with 1995 Larry Doby. The game screen shows a picture from the 2016 players photos folder. I don't know why he is in there as is certainly wasn't playing in 2016.

Thanks.
Alan
Old 08-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #169
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
That didn't work but I found the problem. If I un-check enable away uniforms in the players section of of games settings the pictures are correct. See my post to pstrickert on this subject.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #170
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Okay, I found the problems and it related to the file you say. I found both Vizquel and Giles in there and both of there away pictures were wrong, i.e. the pictures I see in the game screen. I deleted both of the pictures from that file but they still came up in the game. So I went to the Players section of Game Settings and un-clicked enable away uniforms. That fixed the problem. If you look at the pictures in that file the picture for away and home uniforms are same except for these two guys.

Seems to me that there is a bug in there someplace.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:38 PM   #171
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I created a PT with a link to your post. Unfortunately, it'll probably have to wait for v19 (if it doesn't get lost in the wash).
Old 08-09-2017, 06:13 PM   #172
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
I created a PT with a link to your post. Unfortunately, it'll probably have to wait for v19 (if it doesn't get lost in the wash).
If your in a wash here during this monsoon, you are probably going to drown!

thanks.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:49 PM   #173
groberts619
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Native colors of image file appearing darker on OOTP for Mac

Hi, I am considering purchasing OOTP 18 for Mac. I've played OOTP 16 and 17 for Mac in the past. One issue I've had before is when I upload a png file, say a team logo, its colors appear darker. I've used Mac Preview and GIMP to manipulate and upload images. Any suggestions on what to do to get image colors to appear exactly how they should for OOTP?
groberts619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:16 AM   #174
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

This has been around since at least 17.

I created a file to start in the MLB historical year of 1969, and near the end of the season whenever it says a team has missed the playoffs for a certain number of years (like, for all xx years of the team's existance), then it will ALSO state that the team has won x championships, or won the World Series x number of times.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:59 PM   #175
adion
All Star Starter

0.73 batting average

I just played a game when it showed an average of 0.73 instead of .073 for one of the player. I assume the problem is in the calculations someplace.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #176
adion
All Star Starter

Strikes out vs strike outs

There are numerous PbP lines about when a batters strikes out or when a pitcher strikes someone out. However, occasionally there is a line of dialogue like (players name) has 3 strikes out). Obviously that should be has 3 strike outs. I did a search of the PbP english.xml file but could not find that line of dialogue. So, either I missed it or it is elsewhere. No a big deal just bad English. I assume it is a typo.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #177
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Must be hardcoded.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #178
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Must be hardcoded.
That is what I figure since I could not find it in the PbP.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #179
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
There are numerous PbP lines about when a batters strikes out or when a pitcher strikes someone out. However, occasionally there is a line of dialogue like (players name) has 3 strikes out). Obviously that should be has 3 strike outs. I did a search of the PbP english.xml file but could not find that line of dialogue. So, either I missed it or it is elsewhere. No a big deal just bad English. I assume it is a typo.
Deep six this. The problem was in me lexicon file.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #180
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post
This personality trait naming has the \n coming up with it.
Another example:
Attached Images
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote