Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #21
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
No, it should not. The only thing I can guess is that your league has become corrupted somehow. Try re-importing the name database and see if that clears things up.

After re-importing, you can re-name any players with messed up names by going into the editor tab on the player profile and click on the randomize names button or you could rename the whole league at once by going to the league setup page.

If the league is not a long-standing one, I would consider starting over, as who knows what else may be corrupted.
I do think it's been corrupted -- I'm getting 70 HR seasons in 1904, for another thing.

Oh well. Only spent a couple of days on this. lol.
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #22
Carnat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey View Post
I do think it's been corrupted -- I'm getting 70 HR seasons in 1904, for another thing.

Oh well. Only spent a couple of days on this. lol.
I'm having the same problem... a lot of the first names I get are Japanese (and other). Some of the first names are not even in the first_names.txt so I have no idea where the game gets those first names. Did you manage to correct it?
Carnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #23
Carnat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nevermind! I was using a template so changing the name files in the database directory was having no effect. Started a new game and everything is working as it should. Thanks for the files!
Carnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #24
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
Here is the link to the download page:

OOTP Community Hub | OOTPB Databases and Utilities
Not sure if something weird is happening with my computer or the site but it is saying the zip has an unexpected end. I am also getting that with other files on the site. Is there an alternative download?
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:19 PM   #25
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggio509 View Post
Not sure if something weird is happening with my computer or the site but it is saying the zip has an unexpected end. I am also getting that with other files on the site. Is there an alternative download?
PM me an email address and I can send it to you.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #26
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Getting empty flags on players screen. I remember this was an old problem but I don't remember how it was fixed. The game is looking for countries that don't exist and assigning some percentage to them even if there are not in the DB.

The problem was the game was assigning players to some of these countries that don't exist anymore IIRC.

The world file header.
"OOTP loads this file whenever the user creates a new game. You can edit this file as long as you watch the syntax. Please read the online manual section about customizing the world XML file.
NATION tokens:
use_hardcoded_ml_player_origins - either 1 (=yes) or 0 (=no). If missing, the value will be set to 0. By default it's 1 for the USA nation record in the XML file. Just disable it (set it to 0) or delete it and OOTP will not use the hard coded player distribution for that nation anymore.
this_is_modern_usa - either 1 (=yes) or 0 (=no). If missing, the value will be set to 0. By default it's 1 for the USA nation record in the XML file. There should always be at least one nation with this flag enabled because OOTP needs it as the nation for pre-defined leagues, like NL or AL.

When OOTP creates fictional players for modern US major leagues, it will need to find the following nations by name: Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Japan, Panama, Australia, South Korea, Germany, Aruba, England, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Taiwan. So you should not change the names for these nations if you want to simulate realistic major leagues!"

I think it was something to do with this country list. I remember this happened with older versions and was fixed but I don't remember how. It looks like about equal number of empty flags to nations it looks for on the list but not in the DB. I have been trying to set up a "fictional" game, eg. the real 1871 setup with 9 teams 1 league import real rookies.

Last edited by Biggio509; 06-26-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #27
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

NM remembered the simple fix. Reset nation % to 100% US then reallocate. Clears out the countries OOTP looks for that aren't in the DB!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #28
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Hi QD, is this still available anywhere? I tried the link in post #2 but when I downloaded it all that was in the .zip file was the beard frequency file. I'm thinking of starting a fictional league and your name file looks like just the thing.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2017, 11:18 PM   #29
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggio509 View Post
NM remembered the simple fix. Reset nation % to 100% US then reallocate. Clears out the countries OOTP looks for that aren't in the DB!
How's that again???

Does anyone have QD's latest version? Everything on the ootphub is non functional.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:18 AM   #30
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
If anyone wants a copy just PM me an email address and I will send it to you.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote