Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:42 AM   #41
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Nice thread. After the release and after I got some rest I can get around to improving this features & the history a bit

I think one of the best things with the game is the flexibility and different things you can do , even down to workarounds etc. Do you ever read some of the things done and think, I didn't even know you could do that?
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:27 AM   #42
tlowe77
Major Leagues

Only things I would change is the ability to move teams from one league to multiple leagues automatically and have a bit more history on the teams that have been P/R. Otherwise I'm happy with it just being available in the game!!
tlowe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:29 AM   #43
Tyke
All Star Starter

So if I'm not having a draft - and all players will enter the league as FAs - does that mean there's no advantage in having an Association of the leagues in my system?
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:44 AM   #44
mp33
Minors (Single A)

First of all, I'm really happy we have a working P/R in OOTP.

I want to test and see if combining all minor leagues of each level works. Did this with previous versions. F.e. League 1, League 2, League 3's AAA teams into one big AAA league.

I'd also like to see more options like playdowns. Or, like in the Bundesliga, have two teams relegate, and the third-worst team face the third-best team in the lower league for a relegation-match.

Legacy Baseball League - Philadelphia Brewers
- former -
United States of Baseball - Houston Defenders
British Baseball Society - Northumbria 1530
mp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #45
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Yeah, thank you guys. At some point associations were added to the game and I missed that. This is the first version I am going to seriously play in a few years. So, I missed whenever they were added.

Thanks for the heads up on associations.
Where do you create an association??
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:24 PM   #46
flaquis010285
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
If a team loans a player in football his registration is still owned by his parent club. Some loans are for free and the parent club still pay his salary, this is generally when they send out their young players to lower league clubs for experience. Other loans are free but the receiving club picks up some or all of his salary. Whilst other loans, generally established players who for whatever reason are loaned to other good teams (maybe out of favour, can't get a game etc) are loaned out for a fee but are still owned by the parent club until they are out of contract or sold.

Sometime players are loaned out with a view to buying them at the end of the loan if both parties want that.

I'm not sure any of that could ever work in ootp though.
The waivers system is a bit like this: if a player is in waivers any team would pick him. In a P/R affair I'd like to give lower league teams the chance of pick any player in waivers from higher leagues (along with teams from the same league/level).
Old 03-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #47
flaquis010285
Minors (Triple A)

I'd wished a league systeam featuring teams representing metro stations. One big world at the hands, up to +400 teams!!!!
Old 03-23-2017, 06:35 AM   #48
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Matty,under the Game menu, you should see a Create League Association option.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:17 AM   #49
xxbathiefxx
Bat Boy

Is there a way to link League 1 and 2 divisions? I'm doing an alternate history with pro-rel, and I want to make sure that the AL and NL teams don't cross over and the divisions don't get all caddywhompus with the Dodgers ending up in the NL East or something to that effect.
xxbathiefxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:29 AM   #50
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbathiefxx View Post
Is there a way to link League 1 and 2 divisions? I'm doing an alternate history with pro-rel, and I want to make sure that the AL and NL teams don't cross over and the divisions don't get all caddywhompus with the Dodgers ending up in the NL East or something to that effect.
If not, you can always manually edit the league structure after the P/R event to put teams where they make the most sense. You'll have to regenerate the schedule(s) afterwards, of course.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #51
xxbathiefxx
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
If not, you can always manually edit the league structure after the P/R event to put teams where they make the most sense. You'll have to regenerate the schedule(s) afterwards, of course.
Yeah, I'm not to worried about it once I get into actually playing, but I'm trying to simulate about 70 years of pro-reg before I start, so It's kind of annoying to have to stop every year and make sure that the Yankees haven't been assigned to the National League (as of my 1930 they were relegated, haha).
Its just something that if it's not already there, I think they should consider adding.
xxbathiefxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #52
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbathiefxx View Post
I'm pretty sure the game will handle it so that the first division listed for each league will go to each other. Make sure you have the P/R setup to be by division.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #53
progen
All Star Starter

Have been playing this game for years, and never tried "associations", but now have it in my p/r universe. One awesome thing is when it comes to the waiver wire, it shows all the teams from my four divisions that have put players on waivers. I have four divisions, similar to English soccer, Premier, Championship, League 1 and 2. I'm in lowly League 2, but my strategy in the first week was to "claim" two players from two Championship league teams where the players were in their minor league system. They're not good by Premier or Championship standards, but will help my League 2 team. I didn't want to claim more than two to be on "fair play" with the AI, but I really like this option.

Huge soccer fan, and I understand that in real life, the likelihood of a Championship level player, wanting to play for a League 2 team is unlikely, but that's Ok. Hey, maybe the player wore out his welcome with his current team, is a bad apple, etc., and no team in the higher divisions will touch him. So I "scooped" up two of them. Love this game!!

Last edited by progen; 03-23-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #54
progen
All Star Starter

One other thing that I really like is I've been looking at the "transactions" from the leagues above me, and noticed that a "championship" team released a 30 year old CF. I thought, excellent, this guy has to be better then the slop I have playing in the outfield. So as I excitedly clicked on offer contract, ready to do my best negotiating, the player totally snubbed my low level League Two team, and told me he had no interest in joining my team!
Old 03-23-2017, 10:01 AM   #55
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
One other thing that I really like is I've been looking at the "transactions" from the leagues above me, and noticed that a "championship" team released a 30 year old CF. I thought, excellent, this guy has to be better then the slop I have playing in the outfield. So as I excitedly clicked on offer contract, ready to do my best negotiating, the player totally snubbed my low level League Two team, and told me he had no interest in joining my team!
I'm interested in hearing about the set up of your league.

How many leagues? How did you set the league reputation? How many teams get P/Red? Etc?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #56
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

This has gotten me excited to put a big effort into creating a pro/reg association around on launch day.

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:09 AM   #57
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

My question is...is there a good schedule or length of schedule to use when doing a P/R association?

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 AM   #58
Blue
Minors (Single A)

I'm thoroughly enjoying this feature so far. I had a fictional historical save setup from 17 that I carried over that was ready for use almost immediately. 4 leagues, 40 total teams, 16 in the highest league, 8 in the rest, 2 move up and down in each. it was 1936 at the point I started the pro/rel. In 1982 now and its fun analyzing the movement over time. Of the 40 teams, 37 of them have spent time at the highest level, 4 teams have never been relegated(They play in Brooklyn, Minneapolis, New York and Columbus if your wondering about the market size effect there.) The player pool possibly not being quite deep enough has caused pretty large distributions in wins and losses, several teams across the world winning 120+. Money is huge in the strength of the teams, often noticing teams that make falls downward having low or negative balances, the setup is no FA, player purchases for 10k(I have been very happy seeing the best players get snatched up from relegated teams, Ted Williams was bought 4 days after his Toronto team moved down.), and the financials are imported with the lower levels set to import older years than the top to create a difference.

I look forward to expanding this structure to a larger scale, its been fantastic in practice so far. Hoping to see the issue with association playoffs not working fixed so I may try some sort of FA cup style tourney.

Las Vegas Knights GM, 3 Time TBC Champion

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #59
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I haven't moved forward much yet with my league but have set up the P/R function. Checked in last night with the owner's goals on one of the upper level teams that isn't too talented...saw "don't get relegated". Three little words and I couldn't sleep all night...So excited to get rolling with this!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #60
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I'm thoroughly enjoying this feature so far. I had a fictional historical save setup from 17 that I carried over that was ready for use almost immediately. 4 leagues, 40 total teams, 16 in the highest league, 8 in the rest, 2 move up and down in each. it was 1936 at the point I started the pro/rel. In 1982 now and its fun analyzing the movement over time. Of the 40 teams, 37 of them have spent time at the highest level, 4 teams have never been relegated(They play in Brooklyn, Minneapolis, New York and Columbus if your wondering about the market size effect there.) The player pool possibly not being quite deep enough has caused pretty large distributions in wins and losses, several teams across the world winning 120+. Money is huge in the strength of the teams, often noticing teams that make falls downward having low or negative balances, the setup is no FA, player purchases for 10k(I have been very happy seeing the best players get snatched up from relegated teams, Ted Williams was bought 4 days after his Toronto team moved down.), and the financials are imported with the lower levels set to import older years than the top to create a difference.

I look forward to expanding this structure to a larger scale, its been fantastic in practice so far. Hoping to see the issue with association playoffs not working fixed so I may try some sort of FA cup style tourney.
Interesting....so when you started your league did you have a talent gap between leagues? My biggest issue is the initial start. I had 2 leagues and a team won the bottom league and got promoted then won the top league the following year. I know there will be a gap eventually, but I am looking for the best way to get that gap from the start. I thought about an inaugural draft and having the top teams picking first without the serpentine.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote