Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #161
drhay53
Major Leagues

Random UI question: Is it possible to split by career L/R numbers on the lineups and depth chart main screen in 18? In 17 you can only split by career numbers overall, or season L/R.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #162
jack_2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

question

If we pre-order the game, how do we get it when it releases. Do we have to pre-order it on the same computer that we will play it on? (I'm at work, but so excited I don't want to wait to pre-order!!)
jack_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #163
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_2 View Post
If we pre-order the game, how do we get it when it releases. Do we have to pre-order it on the same computer that we will play it on? (I'm at work, but so excited I don't want to wait to pre-order!!)
Unless something changed you'll get an email to the email that you used when you purchased it with a link to download. Where you pre-order doesn't make a difference, I'd just use your personal email address so you make sure you get notified correctly.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #164
Anthony5967
Minors (Single A)

The pic for OOTP, the only screenshot out, I wonder if that is what the ballparks will look like now.
Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #165
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5967 View Post
The pic for OOTP, the only screenshot out, I wonder if that is what the ballparks will look like now.
Markus already said no. But hey, you never know about the future. Maybe OOTP 20 or 21 will look like that.

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:04 PM   #166
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Price under 30 dollars then I would buy it. View from all parts of Dome/Stadium? Seaning the Pitcher throwing the Ball,Going to the Mound,A Pitcher warming up.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:18 PM   #167
pgd44
Minors (Double A)

I tried to order multiple times. Got a message to email with my full name.

Waiting for a response.
pgd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #168
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Price under 30 dollars then I would buy it. View from all parts of Dome/Stadium? Seaning the Pitcher throwing the Ball,Going to the Mound,A Pitcher warming up.
So unless OOTP has MLB The Show style graphics you don't feel the game is worth $30?

I hope you realize that if OOTP ever evolves to the point of those kind of 3D graphics, you can probably be expecting to pay quite a bit more. Probably closer to the $70-$80 of console games.

So if you're complaining about price yet want all of these fancy expensive features...be careful what you ask for.

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester

Last edited by Habsfan18; 01-22-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #169
limsol45
Minors (Single A)

Any bundles for 17 and 18? I want to get this years version, but might want to wait until 18 comes out. If there is a discount when purchasing both I'd gladly buy both and get started now. I took a year off from OOTP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
limsol45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:39 AM   #170
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Scarborough View Post
Pre-ordered (duh).

I have asked this intermittently for years - I know we can see a wealth of stats on a per player basis, can we do so for the team as a whole as well? For instance, can we now track team statistics like batting average with RISP? This would really help when explaining things such as an offense that has underachieved.

Strat has had these statistics for years - basically the Elias statistics (that OOTP has for individuals like batting average with a 3-1 count, high leverage situations, etc.) but at a team level, rather than just individual.

Thank you!
Good idea! I have added it to my list
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:41 AM   #171
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_2 View Post
You will receive an email once it is released with the download links. You download, install & run and then enter the license key that you were given after your purchase. Pretty simple
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #172
cienpelusas
Minors (Single A)

Is there any ETA for the game to appear on Steam so we can pre-order it there (even though we don't get to play it until the 24th)?
cienpelusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #173
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienpelusas View Post
Is there any ETA for the game to appear on Steam so we can pre-order it there (even though we don't get to play it until the 24th)?
It was mentioned somewhere where there will be no Steam preorder this year, but a discount on day 1 when the game launches.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #174
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

can you add a button that clears Player Strategy with just one click instead of having to set all players back to none?

also...did you read my questions about alternate jerseys and different playoff formats?

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 01-23-2017 at 09:16 AM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #175
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Good idea! I have added it to my list
I also think this would be great. In addition, it would be cool to set a time-frame, say you could set a beginning date and end date, this way you could see how the team performed before / after the acquisition of a player(s).
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #176
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

How about allowing us the option for the on screen boxscore box to display current series stats as a whole instead of just the current game. Or put a line on players info box that displays current series stats.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #177
frank_olaf
Minors (Double A)

Has it been made easier to see who is rule 5 eligible, like an option in customize view especially on the players > minor leagues page?

Thanks
frank_olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #178
texasmame
All Star Starter

Preordered!

My 10th year of OOTP!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #179
Austsaint
Minors (Double A)

Pre-ordered as per usual, second time in Australia after numerous versions in Korea. This game got me a little more interested in baseball, though my roster usually changes quite a lot after opening day.

Quick question, will you be able to disable league changes? My AL league last year had the DH rule end after one season, this kind of ruined it for me. I like the DH rule.

Sent from my SHV-E330L using Tapatalk
Austsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:56 PM   #180
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austsaint View Post
Pre-ordered as per usual, second time in Australia after numerous versions in Korea. This game got me a little more interested in baseball, though my roster usually changes quite a lot after opening day.

Quick question, will you be able to disable league changes? My AL league last year had the DH rule end after one season, this kind of ruined it for me. I like the DH rule.

Sent from my SHV-E330L using Tapatalk
Disable league evolution
jokerhusky1129 is offline   Reply With Quote