Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 10-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #41
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

I don't think one can stop people to post negative comments about the game. After all many are disappointed/angry/fed up with what has been released.
And i understand too people being annoyed with constant negative posting. Specially when it is same griefs being posted.

Maybe a solution would be for the moderator to move all new posting in a single thread, a "I'm not happy with the game" thread . I'm a moderator for another site and i know i would consider doing this. Or not allowing people to open new threads ^^ they still could post but in a already dedicated thread for this ...... but that's a bit extreme !

I'm not sure about that, just throwing this idea for debate.

Last edited by lorreporre; 10-08-2013 at 08:02 AM.
lorreporre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #42
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I bought the game and have only played it sparingly. I applaud the team for taking on a game in a sport where nothing has been developed in years. I am simply waiting patiently for another patch or two before I start playing the game with any intensity!

Having said that, and having owned several businesses in the past, from a marketing standpoint, what I would suggest to the developers, is that when version two comes out next year(and I hope it does), I would offer the game at a discounted price to those of us who bought this game at the $40 retail price. Because of all the issues, I would "reward" those loyal customers and it would show that the developers appreciate the current customer base, and those of us who "stuck" with them during this learning curve. I have no doubt that this team will get it right!

I've found over the years that Consumers/Customers are a funny bunch. No matter what the business, they are quick to critisize, and at times, find it hard to praise. Was the business plan for this project the best, probably not. But the team has an opportunity to make it right. In any business, Retention is thee most important factor in being successful. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

In the meantime, there are several other sports sims that I play, which will hold me over, and through another patch or two here. Avid Football Manager fan, and last night I just purchased Pro Cycling Manager 2013. Why, because I'm an avid cyclist, absolutley not. Just because I enjoy the challenge and the entertainement value that sports sims bring to me personally! And in November, FOF comes out with their new version, so keep the faith folks, it's not the end of the world!
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #43
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Well, I have defended this game and the company religiously since I got the game but I am at my wits end. I wont be getting a refund or anything cause I know this game will be good but I am done with it for now. I have removed it from my PC and wont be even trying it again for a while.

I can deal with the stats and fights stuff and even wonky contracts but I am tired of restarting when the game constantly crashes again and again.

Sorry but in my opinion, just dont get it right now but keep a look on it, it will be great
I think this quote above says it all. TCBLCommish has supported, defended, and spoke up in favour of the game constantly. He did this because he believed and not because he's stupid. He is definitely not that.

He writes his points well and his posts are well worth reading. He has been a HUGE supporter of this game since Day One.

However, when he throws in the towel (I know, for now), that says a lot to me. If one of your most patient and calm users gives up (for now), that says oodles to me.

So I won't give my opinion. I'd just look at someone who has spoken with a clear and unbiased voice and give his opinion the most weight.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #44
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Well, I have defended this game and the company religiously since I got the game but I am at my wits end. I wont be getting a refund or anything cause I know this game will be good but I am done with it for now. I have removed it from my PC and wont be even trying it again for a while.

I can deal with the stats and fights stuff and even wonky contracts but I am tired of restarting when the game constantly crashes again and again.

Sorry but in my opinion, just dont get it right now but keep a look on it, it will be great
I'm on the same boat. I'm not having crashes anymore, but the player development is really wonky. I couldn't get my salary above the floor, because there wasn't enough quality players. Seems like all the top prospects were either busts, or got kicked by the AI for some reason.

I'm sure the game will be great, it just needs some tuning.

Last edited by PromisedPain; 10-08-2013 at 05:49 PM.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #45
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger View Post
If we are mad we can voice it as often and as loud as we want. If it bothers you tough **** don't read opinions that differs with yours if you are too sensitive to handle it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger
but just because it is "old" to you doesn't mean everyone should stop posting negative stuff about the game.
Again, I never said anything about people having or stating opinions. I said to stop with the blatant sensationalism. After release, fine, "Oh no this game is the worst thing ev4r! Ware's EHM 2014?!" That's fine. But a month later, it's getting old. And not just for me - it's getting old for the community as a whole. We've been hearing this crying since the final beta. We don't need to keep seeing it. It's time to calm down and either move on to something else, get a refund, or start posting legitimate feedback on where the game needs to be taken from here. Either way, your loud-and-proud vendettas are accomplishing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
what I would suggest to the developers, is that when version two comes out next year(and I hope it does), I would offer the game at a discounted price to those of us who bought this game at the $40 retail price.
This would not be a bad idea at all, and could probably be accomplished with some kind of "upgrade" package. New customers could still get FHM 2015 at full price, but those with FHM 2014 could get a heavily discounted upgrade to the 2015 version.

Last edited by Stinson; 10-08-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #46
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Just look at the "Game menu" ... FHM still is light years away from OOTP.

Just to make things clear - I never expected FHM14 to be perfect, but I absolutely expected the handling of the game to be right up there with OOTP.

I know that fine tuning the game will take a few versions, but the basic things have to be here with all the experience of OOTP - they are not.

Not being able to switch from one league to another or create a new league without closing and re-open FHM is not acceptable for me.

Just loook here

I'm out of this project for the time being, I can't recommend this game to anyone and I will think twice to order FHM15, no doubt about that.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #47
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Germaniac;3582831]Just look at the "Game menu" ... FHM still is light years away from OOTP

Not being able to switch from one league to another or create a new league without closing and re-open FHM is not acceptable for me.

Try going to the start menu or the FHM icon on your computer and hit the FHM14 tab. Everytime you hit the tab,the choose game menu pop's up. I can have three different leagues playing at the same time(three different screens) without closing the screen and turning it back on to start another league. Don't know why it does it. When playing OOTP it informs you that the game is already playing.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-08-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #48
sketchyt
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
Again, I never said anything about people having or stating opinions. I said to stop with the blatant sensationalism.
LOL. These are opinions and there are many. And valid ones too, which should concern you. You've done nothing to dispel sensationalism outside of name calling and condescending responses to unhappy customers. In fact, you stated earlier that you said nothing about it for a month. I hope you aren't a mouthpiece for OOTP because you'd be failing miserably.

Anyways, my point is... ignore the unhappy consumer and there won't be any for FHM 15 and beyond. I certainly won't be and looks like based on the number of threads you've noticed (but have done nothing), many others too.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #49
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
Anyways, my point is... ignore the unhappy consumer and there won't be any for FHM 15 and beyond. I certainly won't be...
That's your choice. But, why are you still here, then? Move on.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #50
Valhoun
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Those of us that were around for the first couple versions of OOTP weren't exactly impressed either. I'd throw down for this version to support it if they were serious about continuing to develop it. I know about a dozen people waiting for a stable online version.

It's tough, focusing on the single player is likely a necessary step to get to solid online play (though, obviously, only player development matters online and not the full-fledged AI) but a lot of people won't consider buying the game until the online portion is figured out.

For 40 bucks I'd purchase a bundle of FHM 2014 AND FHM 2015. That way they'd get money upfront to continue development but I don't have to pay 80 bucks for a beta test and one real game.
Valhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #51
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
I suppose the biggest thing to consider in the "playable vs. not playable" debate is that, in a game such as this, there are so many different ways to play--so each player's perception of playability will be different.

Also, different players have differing amounts of knowledge of the game of hockey itself. Things like bad computer AI--releasing players in an unrealistic fashion, making silly trades, etc.--may not bother someone who has only a rudimentary knowledge of the sport to begin with, while it kills the game for a more savvy user, thus rendering the game "unplayable" for that person.

By its purest definition, FHM is certainly not "unplayable." But for many, it might as well be. I know I won't enjoy the game until a lot of issues are fixed, and that might be a long time.

Also--if you've bought the game and hated it so much that you've gotten a refund...why stick around to waste your time posting your negativity in all these threads? Sure, everybody is entitled to express themselves, I get that, but some folks (not pointing any fingers specifically) just come off as lurking trolls.

We really, really, REALLY need an ignore poster function on these boards!
I like to play "Commissioner" in OOTP Baseball. Can you do that in this Hockey sim?
magiccitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #52
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
ignore the unhappy consumer and there won't be any for FHM 15 and beyond. I certainly won't be and looks like based on the number of threads you've noticed (but have done nothing), many others too.
Don't worry, you'll be back when FHM matures. That's how it always works - people threaten to leave and never come back, then they return a couple years later. Or they really don't come back, and the world forgets they were ever there in the first place. No harm done.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #53
Kobie
Minors (Triple A)

This thread is precisely why I don't play games at launch.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #54
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I haven't played the game since they removed the ice surface in the pbp.

I will reinstall only if this is returned in the game, otherwise I just see it as a lost $40 and a donation.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #55
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I haven't played the game since they removed the ice surface in the pbp.

I will reinstall only if this is returned in the game, otherwise I just see it as a lost $40 and a donation.
It is back. I wish that were the only thing keeping me from enjoying the game.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #56
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
It is back. I wish that were the only thing keeping me from enjoying the game.
Thanks for the info, reinstalling now. What version did they bring it back? I haven't checked the forums for quite a while.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #57
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

My guess is that it's the newest build but I haven't used the in game in quite sometime as it's so long and drawn out. Good to see that the rink got some love again

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk now Free
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #58
sketchyt
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
Don't worry, you'll be back when FHM matures. That's how it always works - people threaten to leave and never come back, then they return a couple years later. Or they really don't come back, and the world forgets they were ever there in the first place. No harm done.
Such a naive and bitter view you have of the world. Enjoy supporting a terrible product. Perhaps you're right, I may be back when/if it's a good one and not getting continuously getting butthurt over criticism of the game in the meantime.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #59
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Such a naive and bitter view you have of the world.
My view isn't based on naivety or bitterness, it's based on many years of playing video games. Just about every game has a small group of people who have been deeply offended, and threaten to never come back if the developers don't get down on their knees and beg for forgiveness. It happens all the time, yet it has never affected a game's future; no gaming community is so small and niche that a few grudges will stand out among the tens of thousands of other customers. These people are simply forgotten, or they come back later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt
Perhaps you're right, I may be back
Oh, but I'm just naive...
Old 10-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #60
magiccitydawg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbrady91 View Post
Hello, new here and was defo going to buy this game, but after all ive read, its putting me off. will this game ever be a finished product?
I guess you and I are the ones being ignored here while the Congress and Senate are debating this Hockey game here. Nice going guys! I have bought OOTP 11, 12, and 13 and plan on buying 14 in a couple of weeks. This poster I just quoted was asking a simple question and you all seem to think that it is more important to have a temper fit over a game which 1) just came on the market and, as with anything is a work in progress and 2) is actually a building block in a better product down the road. But noooooo! You guys ignore the new customers to at least this sim and suck each others thumbs and cry about something not being the way it should be. A fine welcome to those who may want to by FHM and a returning customer who may want to by it!
magiccitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote