Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 05:41 PM   #581
ozziethesaint
Banned

if you are ever critical towards anything, you will be considered an alias of me LOL
Old 06-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #582
oregon
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziethesaint
if you are ever critical towards anything, you will be considered an alias of me LOL
What was that famous thing that Andy Warhol said?
Old 06-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #583
Bob Zupcic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregon
You mean, "I had a lot of dates but I decided to stay home and dye my eyebrows"?
Old 06-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #584
onthepunt
Minors (Double A)

this is my only account molarmite so go please do one. As for negativity, if you announce you are gunna do something, do it. The dude says the biatching is slowing them down, well wtf? Everytime someone is annoyed the rosters arent done yet the creators stop for a 10 minute cry? If anything it should give them more motivation to get it done. A wiseman once said, dont start what your cant finish.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #585
ozziethesaint
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthepunt
this is my only account molarmite so go please do one. As for negativity, if you announce you are gunna do something, do it. The dude says the biatching is slowing them down, well wtf? Everytime someone is annoyed the rosters arent done yet the creators stop for a 10 minute cry? If anything it should give them more motivation to get it done. A wiseman once said, dont start what your cant finish.
have you tried even creating one player in the game yet? it kinda sucks let me tell you. not to mention Erich has a real job and a family too. It's a pretty safe ***umption you'll see something before too much longer. You should walk a mile in their shows and see if you're still singing the same tune my friend.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:02 PM   #586
onesizedrummer
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregon

THE PITTSBURGH PIRATES SUCK!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:37 PM   #587
Schmidty
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziethesaint
You should walk a mile in their shows and see if you're still singing the same tune my friend.
What's their show? I'd like to Tivo it.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #588
UngratefulDead
Banned

Just want to post that I'm looking forward to this roster set and could care less when it's out. I'm sure there are plenty of silent folks who feel the same.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #589
jewaid
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngratefulDead
Just want to post that I'm looking forward to this roster set and could care less when it's out. I'm sure there are plenty of silent folks who feel the same.
Although I won't go as far as saying I "could care less" because I am very anxious, I agree.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #590
DRaysGoRocco
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthepunt

Wow, this post really pisses me off
Old 06-30-2006, 11:06 PM   #591
jewaid
Bat Boy

WOW!! I didn't realize that I had never posted anything here...LOL
Old 07-01-2006, 12:43 AM   #592
Jester of Death
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewaid
WOW!! I didn't realize that I had never posted anything here...LOL
Thanks for contributing to the thread

Anywho, any word on multiple versions of the file, some with partial minors, and some full?

This is solely based on the fact that leagues cannot be deleted once the game has been created.

Arizona Diamondbacks - 2011 World Champions???
Old 07-01-2006, 03:58 AM   #593
Go Middies
Minors (Single A)

I can't help but add to the thank you party for Rolen and Cubby. I've also got your back when it comes to Ozzie and others.

Small has never really been anything other than a AAA journeyman.

Myers used to *destroy* lefties and get creamed by righties. (See Kim, Byung-Hyun in reverse when he's off.) He still does but not to the degree that he used to. His submarine delivery is just *really* cool.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #594
ozziethesaint
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Middies
I can't help but add to the thank you party for Rolen and Cubby. I've also got your back when it comes to Ozzie and others.

Small has never really been anything other than a AAA journeyman.

Myers used to *destroy* lefties and get creamed by righties. (See Kim, Byung-Hyun in reverse when he's off.) He still does but not to the degree that he used to. His submarine delivery is just *really* cool.

I just love how everyone acts like there is some big roster makers "fued" going on here? hell, Erich is one of my most favorite people on this board. and we have absolutely no bad feelings towards each other
Old 07-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #595
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

I will prepare you guys, there is going to be a rating shock.

We're going by what the game uses now and what the predictions are on the editor screen for stats (so you can easily add players or change them and be in the "universe" that the editor screen uses) but guys look REALLY plain compared to past versions of OOTP and my rosters.

For example, in Boston:

Curt Schilling:
57 stuff, 56 movement, 73 control

Looks awful right? Well it translates to:
141 IP, 119 K, 32 BB, 3.45 ERA

David Ortiz
63 contact, 85 power, 70 eye
WHAT?! HE'S THE MAN! THIS IS AN ATROCITY!
550 AB, .290 avg, .390 OBP, 39 HR, .971 OPS

So just prepare yourself for the shock, because it's going to be there and might take a while to get used to this. However, I've noticed that it gives guys who actually stand out at something (Brad Lidge at Ks, Ryan Howard at HR, etc. etc.) that stand out quality.

A lot of the pitchers look really normal that are good, ie. Smoltz (48, 65, 74), Oswalt (50, 65, 75), Willis (50, 70, 63) but it's just because I've noticed in this stat engine the K is a big deal, but isn't as big of a deal as it was before, so guys who are like this who strike out guys, but not a K per inning are still very good pitchers (all of those guys are around a 3.00-3.30 ERA)

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 07-01-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #596
O-Man
Minors (Triple A)

Quit whining.

They're not getting anything out of making the set.

You want to gripe, spend your time better and make your own roster set. See how long it takes before you whine about how long it takes.

Now, Would I have liked a beta to keep me patient? Yes. But that's up to them. So some of us need to stop moaning. Gain some maturity and some class.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #597
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23
I will prepare you guys, there is going to be a rating shock.

We're going by what the game uses now and what the predictions are on the editor screen for stats (so you can easily add players or change them and be in the "universe" that the editor screen uses) but guys look REALLY plain compared to past versions of OOTP and my rosters.

For example, in Boston:

Curt Schilling:
57 stuff, 56 movement, 73 control

Looks awful right? Well it translates to:
141 IP, 119 K, 32 BB, 3.45 ERA

David Ortiz
63 contact, 85 power, 70 eye
WHAT?! HE'S THE MAN! THIS IS AN ATROCITY!
550 AB, .290 avg, .390 OBP, 39 HR, .971 OPS

So just prepare yourself for the shock, because it's going to be there and might take a while to get used to this. However, I've noticed that it gives guys who actually stand out at something (Brad Lidge at Ks, Ryan Howard at HR, etc. etc.) that stand out quality.

A lot of the pitchers look really normal that are good, ie. Smoltz (48, 65, 74), Oswalt (50, 65, 75), Willis (50, 70, 63) but it's just because I've noticed in this stat engine the K is a big deal, but isn't as big of a deal as it was before, so guys who are like this who strike out guys, but not a K per inning are still very good pitchers (all of those guys are around a 3.00-3.30 ERA)

I am sorry to hear that- and it's not like you are going to go back and re-rate everyone- but I see at least one very obvious problem with this.

Unless you severely tone down PCM's- you are going to quickly see this MLB league overtaken by computer generated players. I have been running several long term sims (with PCMS and MLE's for the MLB league at the default 1). Many of the top prosepects created by the game are quickly into the 70's by their 2nd or third year- and into their 80's not longer after that. They will positively DOMINATE this universe without intervention. The one thing I have assumed here is that you are talking about a 1-100 scale? If it's 20-80- maybe that's not so bad.

If it is on a 1-100 scale- I think something is off a bit here (especially for pitchers)- sounds like EVERYONE needs a boost- which is actually not impossible to accomplish rather quickly (as long as it is not a select subset within the universe).

For example- upon importing your set from last year into 2006 (excellent work by the way)- the game sort of did a hack job converting fielding ratings- not too surprising given all the new variables. In any case- fielding across the board was WAY too good. I exported the rosters to excel- batch edited the entire universe for range and error ratings- and re-imported back into the game- worked great- but only because the problem was normalized across the whole league- and not to an isolated few.

My personal opinion is that guys like Ortiz NEED to be in the 80-90 range power wise (on a 100 point scale)- which he is in your case- to maintain a competive balanace once the league ages a bit. This could be attacked by reducing PCM's- probably- but it really skews the ratings scale the wrong way. (i.e., there willl probably NEVER be anyone with a Stuff rating the 80's or 90's)...and I don't think that's the way to go.

I won't even get into how the AI seems to treat pitchers with stuff ratings in the 50's and 60's- never mind that that now might represent the pitching elite.

Ironically, Cubby, last year's roster imported with- I thought- fairly accurate ratings for hitters and pitchers in these categories...Did you start form scratch?

This is just my two cents- I don't mean to offend- I know you have all put in A LOT of hard work. If you want to send me the roster set I can try to perform some global edits and send the rosters back to you- see if you like the results- otherwise I will probably just do it myself after release.

Thanks for the info- and keep up the great work!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #598
ozziethesaint
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomarHits400
I am sorry to hear that- and it's not like you are going to go back and re-rate everyone- but I see at least one very obvious problem with this.

Unless you severely tone down PCM's- you are going to quickly see this MLB league overtaken by computer generated players. I have been running several long term sims (with PCMS and MLE's for the MLB league at the default 1). Many of the top prosepects created by the game are quickly into the 70's by their 2nd or third year- and into their 80's not longer after that. They will positively DOMINATE this universe without intervention. The one thing I have assumed here is that you are talking about a 1-100 scale? If it's 20-80- maybe that's not so bad.

If it is on a 1-100 scale- I think something is off a bit here (especially for pitchers)- sounds like EVERYONE needs a boost- which is actually not impossible to accomplish rather quickly (as long as it is not a select subset within the universe).

For example- upon importing your set from last year into 2006 (excellent work by the way)- the game sort of did a hack job converting fielding ratings- not too surprising given all the new variables. In any case- fielding across the board was WAY too good. I exported the rosters to excel- batch edited the entire universe for range and error ratings- and re-imported back into the game- worked great- but only because the problem was normalized across the whole league- and not to an isolated few.

My personal opinion is that guys like Ortiz NEED to be in the 80-90 range power wise (on a 100 point scale)- which he is in your case- to maintain a competive balanace once the league ages a bit. This could be attacked by reducing PCM's- probably- but it really skews the ratings scale the wrong way. (i.e., there willl probably NEVER be anyone with a Stuff rating the 80's or 90's)...and I don't think that's the way to go.

I won't even get into how the AI seems to treat pitchers with stuff ratings in the 50's and 60's- never mind that that now might represent the pitching elite.

Ironically, Cubby, last year's roster imported with- I thought- fairly accurate ratings for hitters and pitchers in these categories...Did you start form scratch?

This is just my two cents- I don't mean to offend- I know you have all put in A LOT of hard work. If you want to send me the roster set I can try to perform some global edits and send the rosters back to you- see if you like the results- otherwise I will probably just do it myself after release.

Thanks for the info- and keep up the great work!

Some very interesting points brought up there. something I will have to explore before I get to far into making my own rosters because I'm not sure how that will play out. should be interesting to see what Cubby thinks of this too. but I defintiely agree unless Markus can rework the Pitching AI this could cause some problems
Old 07-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #599
dashby
Minors (Double A)

There is no Rolen/Cubby Roster set. Never was...never will be. Can't you guys see when you're being bamboozled?
Old 07-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #600
ozziethesaint
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashby
There is no Rolen/Cubby Roster set. Never was...never will be. Can't you guys see when you're being bamboozled?
That's just insane to say. even though I am not Cubby's biggest fan, I have to defend the time and effort that has been put in.
Closed Thread