Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-20-2002, 11:42 AM   #1
jdean100381
Bat Boy

New Japan League....Please Help:)

I'm a new guy in this community; the only league I'm involved in is a download of Rolen's material that starts in 2002. It's a solo league based on real MLB. But I would like to start a JBL, either the real one or a fictional. How do I start a league like that on my own, and if it is fictional, is there any way to get all the Japanese names besides inputting them myself?

PS - I don't think I want minor leagues for my JBL, either. Is that possible?
Old 12-20-2002, 11:48 AM   #2
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

You can turn off simming the minor leagues but If teams have more than 25 players then they will use the minor leagues, the games won't be simmed with the minors off, which should speed up the game.

First step to ensure there will only be Japanese names in your league. Backup the lanames, lafnames, fnames, and names .dat files. Then copy the contents of anames and afnames .dat files into the backed up files. This will give everyone in your league Japanese names.

To start it go to File->Create New League -> Custom League and enter the appropriate league configuration.

This will create a fictional league. If you want to make it with all the real players, you'll need to spend some time doing some extensive editing in the game to fix up all the players.

After creating your league you'll want to go to each teams setup to set up their city and nicknames. From the League Setup screen you'll control the league names.

An online league has already created their own JBL, if you check out this board you may find a link to it. Their commissioner may be able to help you out more.

Good luck.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 11:48 AM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

This should help:

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...ighlight=Asian

ScottVib provides a way for you to do this.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 11:49 AM   #4
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I guess he beat me to it
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 01:58 PM   #5
jdean100381
Bat Boy

thanks for the help so far guys, but if someone could give me a step by step on how to create this league and ensure that the names are all Japanese, that would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance for the help, and someday i hope i'll be a contributor to this forum in addition to leeching knowledge off of you guys
Old 12-20-2002, 02:28 PM   #6
Schmidty
Minors (Single A)

I'm the owner of the Hanshin Tigers in the JBL, and it's a great league. The co-commishes are Marmel and Shorty, and I'm sure that they would be willing to help a bit if you post on our message board.

Here is our main website , and here is our message board
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:14 PM   #7
Shorty
All Star Reserve

Hi, this is the aforementioned Shorty, we've posted some help on our board if you haven't checked back there yet. We've got a names file that generates mostly asian names, with a few american names as well.

Also, the real league of professional baseball is called "[league redacted]" or "***" if you want to give it the real title. If you need more assistance, let me know.