Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #81
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Yes most of the sales now are from outside NA. That should raise some eyebrows. If hockey-crazed Canadians aren't buying and playing it. The OOTP customer base will keep buying to support the company as a whole, but without hard-core hockey fans buying it won't have a long shelf-life.
Yeah, of course, a true hockey fan can only be Canadian!

Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #82
sprague
All Star Starter

But aren't you curious why the majority of the sales are from Europe?

Given that the main proponent of the game is the modern and historical NHL?
There are a lot of American hockey fans too, big sales base.
Maybe they want to see those leagues playing accurately?
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #83
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe because Europe is bigger than North America?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #84
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Maybe because Europe is bigger than North America?
Not if you consider market size by taking into account popularity.
Sebmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #85
dmytron

Quote:
But aren't you curious that majority of sales is from Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic and Russia?
Old 06-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #86
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
But aren't you curious that majority of sales is from Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic and Russia?
Absolutely. Regardless of what people say about the size of NA, it's the sales in Europe that apparently make up the bulk of sales of the game. It seems to be a fairly similar thing with my EHM community - consistently over the past decade the bulk of visitors come from the Nordic countries.

I think perhaps many North Americans aren't all that interested in coaching/GM sims. I think it's more playing the game rather than coaching - hence the EA Sports' NHL and Madden series do so well whereas we don't see any major developer in North America developing a sports management sim. Instead it's the likes of British-based SI Sports and German-based OOTP who develop the big sports management sims. If the NA market was larger then perhaps EHM would have had enough sales to make it a viable project.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #87
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
Where is this information available?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:58 AM   #88
bop0321
Bat Boy

start date

I'm new to the game (got it yesterday). Is there any way to get my league to start at some date other than Aug. 15, 2013? I'd like to use today's rosters without having to start behind...

thanks,

B
bop0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:27 AM   #89
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Where is this information available?
Seen the smiley? It's my speculation based on account of what European countries are fond of hockey.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #90
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Any update on the final patch?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #91
Penfold75
Major Leagues

An update on the patch and FHM 2015 would be great. They did say early this week and its now middle of the week.

But in the meantime to show my ongoing support for OOTP I am currently hooked on my newly purchased OOTP Baseball 15 and rebuilding the Amazing Mets. It is so realistic, the Mets are terrible or is it my management LOL
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #92
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
An update on the patch and FHM 2015 would be great. They did say early this week and its now middle of the week.

But in the meantime to show my ongoing support for OOTP I am currently hooked on my newly purchased OOTP Baseball 15 and rebuilding the Amazing Mets. It is so realistic, the Mets are terrible or is it my management LOL
OOTP 15 is brilliant.. There were a few glitches initially but it was all patched up nicely. I too am hooked...

And an update would be nice.. Brad said it should be early this week..

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 07-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #93
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Yes one as July 1st because Draft already happened and Offseason to.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #94
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Well.. just pick a league without researcher and you're without committee The responsibilities are split and most of what we do is a work of one researcher.
IMO there are way too many leagues already, and frankly my main interest is historical play. I'd be willing to do the research for historical seasons... I'm doing the work already anyway. I'd just need to work on some formulas for the goalies.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:37 AM   #95
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't know if someone asked this but I drafted a German player 5th overall in my Custom League and my team desperately needed him but every time I tried to sign him it said that he didn't want to go overseas and I'm cheesed because I tried almost every week from Jun 23 to Aug 31 for that year but it didn't work. I did it the next year and he still didn't want to go over seas! Is there a fix to this or a method because it seems like every European draft pick is a diva like that.
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #96
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Absolutely. Regardless of what people say about the size of NA, it's the sales in Europe that apparently make up the bulk of sales of the game. It seems to be a fairly similar thing with my EHM community - consistently over the past decade the bulk of visitors come from the Nordic countries.

I think perhaps many North Americans aren't all that interested in coaching/GM sims. I think it's more playing the game rather than coaching - hence the EA Sports' NHL and Madden series do so well whereas we don't see any major developer in North America developing a sports management sim. Instead it's the likes of British-based SI Sports and German-based OOTP who develop the big sports management sims. If the NA market was larger then perhaps EHM would have had enough sales to make it a viable project.
I think Archi say's it best - NA gamers don't seem all that interested in GM games unless you have a great 3D engine to play out the games with too - NHL/MADDEN etc. Where as us Europeans love nothing but stats stats and more stats to look at! Why load up some beautiful 3D rendered game, photo realistic graphics and great physics when you can just look at Microsoft Excel heaven!

As for EHM, I'll never believe the crap SI games say about anything! Your website Archi shows how popular the game was/is so f**k them and anything they do!

And as mentioned, Europe is a lot bigger than North America.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #97
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I don't know if someone asked this but I drafted a German player 5th overall in my Custom League and my team desperately needed him but every time I tried to sign him it said that he didn't want to go overseas and I'm cheesed because I tried almost every week from Jun 23 to Aug 31 for that year but it didn't work. I did it the next year and he still didn't want to go over seas! Is there a fix to this or a method because it seems like every European draft pick is a diva like that.
Your best chance to get him is on July 1st. The state if he wants to go overseas is reset just once a year (year in FHM is defined as July 1st to June 30th, so the change to the new season is always during the Sim from June 30th to July 1st). We will change that in the future to make it less frustrating.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #98
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
I think Archi say's it best - NA gamers don't seem all that interested in GM games unless you have a great 3D engine to play out the games with too - NHL/MADDEN etc. Where as us Europeans love nothing but stats stats and more stats to look at! Why load up some beautiful 3D rendered game, photo realistic graphics and great physics when you can just look at Microsoft Excel heaven!

As for EHM, I'll never believe the crap SI games say about anything! Your website Archi shows how popular the game was/is so f**k them and anything they do!

And as mentioned, Europe is a lot bigger than North America.
I think that's a broad generalization. I was in two OOTP leagues with about 50 "unique" GM's.. some of us were in both leagues.. all but two of us were American.

My initial draw to OOTP specifically was the depth of statistics and GM play. Granted, I am one person, but the game seems to do pretty well in the United States. With the huge fan base of fantasy baseball that exists in this country, it is the perfect audience for statistically based games like OOTP and FHM.

Also, there have been very few complaints about the visual aspect of the engine here in the forum. Most of the complaints have to do with the statistical accuracy of what it outputs: goals every two seconds.. people getting in fights with people who they should not get into fights with etc...

Just my $0.02!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 07-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #99
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
I think that's a broad generalization. I was in two OOTP leagues with about 50 "unique" GM's.. some of us were in both leagues.. all but two of us were American.

My initial draw to OOTP specifically was the depth of statistics and GM play. Granted, I am one person, but the game seems to do pretty well in the United States. With the huge fan base of fantasy baseball that exists in this country, it is the perfect audience for statistically based games like OOTP and FHM.

Also, there have been very few complaints about the visual aspect of the engine here in the forum. Most of the complaints have to do with the statistical accuracy of what it outputs: goals every two seconds.. people getting in fights with people who they should not get into fights with etc...

Just my $0.02!
Ofcourse not all of you NAs are the same, just like, I'm sure some of the 'WHY IS THERE NOT GRAPHICS LIKE NHL 14 ON THIS GAME' have come from people living here in Europe too
Old 07-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #100
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Your best chance to get him is on July 1st. The state if he wants to go overseas is reset just once a year (year in FHM is defined as July 1st to June 30th, so the change to the new season is always during the Sim from June 30th to July 1st). We will change that in the future to make it less frustrating.
Thanks I will try to sign him on June 30th and July 1st of the upcoming off season.
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote