Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #21
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Has anyone noticed that most of the players are only 80lbs and 15 foot tall?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebusbybriddon View Post
Has anyone noticed that most of the players are only 80lbs and 15 foot tall?
Yeah we have. The heights have been fixed already. I'm not how/when the weights will be fixed, but it's on the devs' radar.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #23
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Also I have one of my players out injured so I fill his space in but yet whenever I want to progress to the next day it is coming up with the 'You have open spots in your lineup' message but I don't
Old 03-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #24
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Also I have one of my players out injured so I fill his space in but yet whenever I want to progress to the next day it is coming up with the 'You have open spots in your lineup' message but I don't
This isn't related to the UK data. You'll need to post it in the beta bugs forum.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #25
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Does anybody have average attendance data for the EPL?

The best I've been able to find is 2010 data, but it seems somewhat out of date now (I know Manchester seem to get around about 1,100 - 1,400 on average these days). I've calculated Guildford's for this season, but that's about as far as I've got.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
archibalduk
All Star Starter

I'm not going to promise to post an update every week, but here's what'll be in next Wednesday's DB update from a UK perspective:

- The past week's EIHL and EPL transactions added;
- Aggression & Faceoff attributes added for the EPL and EIHL (the Faceoff attributes for 99% of EIHL players are already in the DB);
- TAs adjusted for players on a number of EPL rosters;
- Some TAs slightly adjusted for the Fife Flyers;
- Average attendance data added for the EPL (these are already present for the EIHL). EPL attendance data is based on 2010 data at the moment (except for Guildford which is right up to date). I'm going to see if I can get more up to date data for the EPL - but at least we have something provisional set.

There won't be so much progress in the DB for the next couple of weeks because I'll be re-rating the NIHL-1 (I use a spreadsheet to organise and draft this first). However, I will be doing some more tweaking of the EIHL and EPL.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #27
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Does anybody have average attendance data for the EPL?

The best I've been able to find is 2010 data, but it seems somewhat out of date now (I know Manchester seem to get around about 1,100 - 1,400 on average these days). I've calculated Guildford's for this season, but that's about as far as I've got.
That would be a tough find haha! Could you post the numbers from 2010? I'm interested to see them. I've found one match report with an attendance listed. Slough Jets with 670 and Basinstoke had 1,502 at a recent game.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #28
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Here you go: Hockeyarenas.net

The most recent EIHL figures they have are very similar to figures I've seen listed elsewhere and so that site seems to be reasonably reliable.

I'm surprised by the 670 for Slough. The Hangar is tiny. Whenever I've been to see Manchester play there, I don't think the crowd has been more than 400 or 500 at the most.

P.s. Did you hear about Slough's Adam Greener?! http://thehockeyhouse.net/2012-world...-drug-charges/

Last edited by archibalduk; 03-10-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #29
Garethw87

Quote:
Here you go: Hockeyarenas.net

The most recent EIHL figures they have are very similar to figures I've seen listed elsewhere and so that site seems to be reasonably reliable.

I'm surprised by the 670 for Slough. The Hangar is tiny. Whenever I've been to see Manchester play there, I don't think the crowd has been more than 400 or 500 at the most.

P.s. Did you hear about Slough's Adam Greener?! Strange News: Slough Jets Assistant Coach Arrested On Drug Charges - The Hockey House | The Hockey House
Thanks, didn't realise they were on there! EHM did a good job with attendances I think, could always use them for guidance too? Although its even more out of date!

The news about Greener is pretty crazy, he does think he's some thug though

Have you read the news about Dundee's arena? http://www.hockeywide.co.uk/uk-elite-league.html

Last edited by Garethw87; 03-10-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #30
archibalduk
All Star Starter

I didn't think EHM did a particularly good job with attendances. Although some EIHL ones were fine, I seem to recall the EPL ones in particular being somewhat out. It was a real pain to try and correct them in the DB because the game wouldn't correctly follow what you entered into the DB. So it was a task of trial and error in trying to increase/decrease your figure in the DB to try and get a decent average in game.

EHM's averages will be based on 2006 data. I think it's best to use the 2010 data I listed above as it'll be more up to date. In any event, I can compile data from match reports for several of the teams. If I see a general trend of increased attendances then I'll increase the averages for those teams I don't have data for by a similar percentage. I was just hoping somebody may have known of a site where it was nicely laid out rather than me having to start counting attendances!

P.s. Regarding Dundee - I think their rink will be okay this season. Sounds like the council are willing to write off the debt. It'll be interesting to see what the long term future of the rink will be and whether this will affect the viability of the team. It would be difficult to imagine such a reasonably modern arena being closed down. But then stranger things have happened (E.g. HMV's administration)...
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #31
djlm
Bat Boy

Hi,

Will the players salaries be fixed in this new update?

Rgds,

DJLM
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #32
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlm View Post
Hi,

Will the players salaries be fixed in this new update?

Rgds,

DJLM
Yes!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #33
Garethw87

Archi the EPL budgets seem too high? I start unemployed went to Telford and I had around $300k for free agents!

Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #34
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Archi the EPL budgets seem too high? I start unemployed went to Telford and I had around $300k for free agents!
I haven't set the team budgets yet. I want to get the salary ranges correct first. Last week I asked Jeff to adjust the salary ranges for the EIHL and EPL - hopefully this will feature in this week's DB update.

You won't really notice any difference in the UK with this week's DB update (other than hopefully incorporating the adjusted salary ranges). I'm in the process of updating the NIHL-1 rosters and re-rating all of the players. I don't want to give any time estimates, but it shouldn't be too long (I work on it in Excel and then copy across the numbers into the FHM Editor).

I might make some additional tweaks to a small number of players in the EIHL and EPL for next week's DB update. However, I'm very reluctant to make any further adjustments because the scoring levels are far too low at the moment. I'm hoping the devs will have time to add the correct scoring levels once they've finished stamping out the recent deluge of bugs. I don't know what effect the increased scoring levels will have on the players and teams - e.g. will this increase the gap between the best and worse players/teams? For this reason, I think it best I hold off making any further adjustments to the TAs of the EIHL and EPL players (but I'll continue adding new sets of attributes as the devs' guidance becomes available).

Hence I'm just going to continue working on getting the NIHL-1 up to date in the mean time. I don't see any real use in testing the EIHL and EPL players' and teams' performances in game until scoring (and PIM) levels are set at realistic level.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #35
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Hmm seems the Edit Post feature isn't working on the forums at the moment. I just wanted to clarify my previous post to say that there are changes in this week's DB update, it's just that you won't notice these because they involve the NIHL-1 and this is not playable yet (because I need to finish re-rating first).
Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wait. When is this update?
Old 03-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #37
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Wait. When is this update?
The next DB update is this Thursday. More details on the DB update schedule is here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ate-plans.html

Note that normally the weekly DB update will be every Wednesday. However, this week it has been pushed one day back: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-back-day.html
Old 03-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #38
Macca
Bat Boy

releasing a player

will this change when you want to gas a player at the moment it cost you a years wages will this change to two weeks as per the 2 week contract they have for the uk leagues,

regards

mark
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #39
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca View Post
will this change when you want to gas a player at the moment it cost you a years wages will this change to two weeks as per the 2 week contract they have for the uk leagues,

regards

mark
I've mentioned this to the OOTP guys a couple of times, but I need to log a formal feature request with them so that it doesn't just get lost in the forums. It's on my list of things to raise in addition to the import rule and the playoff structures for the three leagues. It'll then be up to the devs what to implement and what not to implement for version 1. As I mentioned in my first post in this thread:

Quote:
Most Important Features Missing from the Leagues?
In my view, there are two really key things missing which greatly affect the league's realism (ignoring complex features which couldn't feasibly make it into version 1 - such as cup tournaments):

1) The 2 week notice system used by all levels of league. At present, the UK leagues are using the standard transfer system. In reality, teams can release players by giving 2 weeks' notice (equally, a player can leave with 2 weeks' notice) without having to pay any contractual compensation. Teams only sign players as free agents (the transfer system isn't used).

2) The import rule. At present, we have the no foreigner rule. This isn't too far off, but I'd like to see an additional setting for this rule which counts players without a primary UK nationality as foreigners (even if they have a UK second nationality). This is probably a decent compromise considering that we'd never realistically see an IIHF card system in game.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #40
archibalduk
All Star Starter

I don't know if I'm the only one struggling to edit posts following the server move - I'd intended to add the following to my previous post, but the Edit function won't work:

Just one further point about the two week notice system - this doesn't just affect the UK leagues. As I understand it, it is also a feature of the German leagues.