Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Survey - OOTP is still my focus

got the note for the survey today and I did complete it. But it sure felt like the game devs are having to decide which game now to focus on, OOTP or PT.

While Ive had fun with PT, the OOTP game is still what matters most to me and Id hate to see it stagnate because of the potential of PT. I doubt they have the resources to dedicate to yearly significant changes to both. I get that its a business. OOTP 18 and 19 took huge steps as a baseball sim with its changes to 3D play and interface. Its amazing and is clearly now the best "sim" ever created. And Ive played them all going back to Earl Weaver. There is still so much more they can do with the sim and these graphics.
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

If anything the increased revenue should improve the OOTP game. I expect some major improvements in the next couple of years with the traditional game for this reason.
sabrtoothtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
got the note for the survey today and I did complete it. But it sure felt like the game devs are having to decide which game now to focus on, OOTP or PT.

While Ive had fun with PT, the OOTP game is still what matters most to me and Id hate to see it stagnate because of the potential of PT. I doubt they have the resources to dedicate to yearly significant changes to both. I get that its a business. OOTP 18 and 19 took huge steps as a baseball sim with its changes to 3D play and interface. Its amazing and is clearly now the best "sim" ever created. And Ive played them all going back to Earl Weaver. There is still so much more they can do with the sim and these graphics.
Why does it feel like that?

I certainly didn't get that impression.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #4
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I did the survey as well. Much the same as xogo I have less than zero interest in Perfect Team or online play of any kind. It's just not my kind of thing. What has made OOTP special and what keeps me coming back every year is that it is a baseball sim for baseball fans.It has never been dumbed down for broader appeal. It's complexity has grown over the years. It's focus has always been the single player, baseball savvy gamer who stays up way too late thinking "just one more game" or "what if the Red Sox had traded for Mantle?". Every year the game has improved. Some times small improvements like indy leagues and tournaments. Some times giant leaps like historical minors and 3D.

I get the trepidation in many players that Perfect Team is a sign of things to come. That this game we have loved so long will morph into something... well, else. It may. And if it does it will move on without me and many of us I guess. And we will regret if and when it ever happens. But it's not happening this year. In a few weeks we're going to start seeing what OOTP 20 has in store for us and I think most of us are going to love it!

As long as OOTP continues to be what it has excelled at being: a baseball sim for single player baseball fans they can count on my pre-order on day one, every year.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #5
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Why does it feel like that?

I certainly didn't get that impression.

Because it asked very specific questions relating to Perfect Team. I get the feeling this survey is to gauge how much resources should be put into Perfect Team going forward.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
daniwen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I tried to do the survey but can't get past questions 5 to 10. Says I need to fill in at least two answers (all of them have at least 3 answers from me). Fix the AI wearing out their bullpen for free wins for those who play out games.

Last edited by daniwen; 01-09-2019 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Adding something about bullpens
daniwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #7
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

If this was a worry for sum, then I would suggest allowing your OOTP data to be sent back to the OOTP dev team. This option is asked on every new install. This will help them really decide to spend most of their time.

I believe that this data is what helps them decided if they should spend more time in places like real leagues, custom leagues, historical leagues and such. If you don't have this enabled then I suggest you do.

AirmenSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #8
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniwen View Post
I tried to do the survey but can't get past questions 5 to 10. Says I need to fill in at least two answers (all of them have at least 3 answers from me). Fix the AI wearing out their bullpen for free wins for those who play out games.
I think it asks for a *maximum* of 2 answers

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #9
daniwen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
I think it asks for a *maximum* of 2 answers
Ah thought said at least. Try again tomorrow thanks for the heads up
daniwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:41 AM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Because it asked very specific questions relating to Perfect Team. I get the feeling this survey is to gauge how much resources should be put into Perfect Team going forward.
If you're going to do a survey on your game, you need to ask questions about all areas of it. It ask specific questions about more than PT.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #11
Mat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
If you're going to do a survey on your game, you need to ask questions about all areas of it. It ask specific questions about more than PT.
There were only 3 questions specific to PT, and one was about the new Go App.

Last edited by Mat; 01-10-2019 at 07:27 AM.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:28 AM   #12
Mat
All Star Reserve

Im glad they are doing a survey and not relying on the loud minority on this board.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #13
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

I admittedly did try PT but its novelty wears out very quick.
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #14
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post

Agree. And I am VERY concerned about this direction. Almost EVERYONE in my OOTP orbit across 4 online leagues are already turned off from Perfect Game, don't like it and think its a bad thing for the franchise.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #15
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless' Socks View Post
Agree. And I am VERY concerned about this direction. Almost EVERYONE in my OOTP orbit across 4 online leagues are already turned off from Perfect Game, don't like it and think its a bad thing for the franchise.

Yes. Also, the community over there is toxic. The amount of people that tell you to GTFO because you can't afford hundreds of dollars for cards (even when you clearly state you don't really care about being competitive) is a really sad display of how quickly a good community can spiral down when people are allowed to show their superiority through monetary means.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #16
drksd4848
All Star Starter

I'll admit, perfect team ain't for me, but if it generates more revenue for the company, I'm all for it in that sense.

Plus, OOTPs bread is buttered by the main game. You improve the stand-alone game, it trickles down to everything else, so I can't imagine them stealing resources away from OOTP 20 to make PT. Plus, can you remember what happened when they developed IOOTP? I remember that delayed the main game for at least a month, and there was an all out revolt on the forum. It got REALLY nasty. They don't want that again.

What they want is simply more revenue streams.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
Yes. Also, the community over there is toxic. The amount of people that tell you to GTFO because you can't afford hundreds of dollars for cards (even when you clearly state you don't really care about being competitive) is a really sad display of how quickly a good community can spiral down when people are allowed to show their superiority through monetary means.

You do realize that Perfect Team and OOTPB share the same license and the same forums, right? There really isn't an "us and them". It's the same game. It's like online leagues vs. single player.

I have spent a lot of time on the PT forums, and I have never seen a post telling someone to GTFO because they can't afford hundreds of dollars for cards. Please don't make things up.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #18
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
I'll admit, perfect team ain't for me, but if it generates more revenue for the company, I'm all for it in that sense.

Plus, OOTPs bread is buttered by the main game. You improve the stand-alone game, it trickles down to everything else, so I can't imagine them stealing resources away from OOTP 20 to make PT. Plus, can you remember what happened when they developed IOOTP? I remember that delayed the main game for at least a month, and there was an all out revolt on the forum. It got REALLY nasty. They don't want that again.

What they want is simply more revenue streams.
I agree with some of your points but I think the fear that PT will take away from the core game is IMO real.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #19
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Man we spend a lot of time coming up with doomsday scenarios in regards to OOTP. On one hand, Markus is a God, creator of the best sim game ever. On the other hand, he's a devil, hellbent on destroying his own creation. Oh and I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to this. I wonder if Markus has an evil twin?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #20
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Just another "chicken little, the sky is falling" thread, IMHO. Look at the history of OOTP and what Markus has done to bring OOTP to where it is today and then try to give me a reason to worry. Really these type of threads have come up a lot over the years and the sky never falls

OOTP moving to SI and the complete rewrite of 2006 was, according to many, the end of OOTP. It wasn't smooth but then how many total rewrites are? In the end Markus was right to make the move and the game we have today started with that move.

Sega buys SI and boots OOTP to the curb (they may still regret that someday ). Oh my, what will Markus do now? Well he simply continued on making, arguably, the best sports sim game in the world.

3d will ruin the game I tell you!!!! How many times have we heard that? And yet OOTP rolls on and on

They're adding an MLB license? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! That's the end of OOTP as we know it! Don't do it Markus, the suits at MLB will dictate how to make the game.

In the end it was all needless speculation about the "doom and gloom" that was on the horizon.

PT is new, it may be a money cow for OOTP or it may fail. I hope it brings in a lot of new revenue that will be used to improve all facets of the game. As these new areas have opened up Markus has added to the coding team, not taken away from one area to work on another.

Markus has shown both a vision and passion for his "baby" and as long as he's running the show I see no reason to believe he's going to change.

My only fear is one day Markus will grow the OOTP brand big enough that someone like EA dangles a check so large that he can't turn it down. Then folks, we may have something to worry about
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote