Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Override Team Strategies

Allow us to set Override Team Strategies as the default mode for our teams. Perhaps put a check mark or drop down box on the team strategies tab.

i always use Override Team Strategies for my position players. So i have to remember to change the mode for all 15 players and every time a new players is added.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Why not just set up your team strategies to what you want and adjust slightly per player if you want them to steal more/bunt less?
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #3
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

It is a matter of knowing how much I am adjusting a particular strategy; usually stealing bases and base-running. For instance; with stealing bases, if you start NEVER as 0, there a 10 notches, with the middle line being the fifth notch and FREQUENTLY being the tenth spot.

In overall strategy, for stealing, I think of the middle line as 5. I know that one more notch is 6. So I have a good feel of how much I am adjusting. So, if I don’t want to adjust all of the players to 6, I know I can do this using the OVERRIDE option. But I don’t have any way of know what moving one notch using ADJUST. What does ADJUST mean? If I set my GAME STRATEGY to FREQUENTLY (10) then set an INDIVIDUAL STRATEGY, with ADJUST, to FREQUENTLY (moving over five notches) am I now at 15?

Same thing with bunting. My GAME STRATEGY is usually set to NEVER, which again I consider to be 0. But occasionally, I’ll have a light hitting middle infielder that I will allow to sacrifice. Or I’ll have a speedy player that I’ll allow to bunt for a base hit. Using OVERRIDE, I can set a player to 5, which I take is average, or just below average at 4 or 3. But how do I do that using ADJUST? If my GAME STRATEGY for bunting is set to NEVER (0) and I use ADJUST set to FREQUENTLY (is that 10 or +5) is that 5?

So it’s easier to know what I am selecting using OVERRIDE.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote