Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 05-14-2020, 06:28 PM   #81
StLee
Hall Of Famer

16 April 2296 - DCR Week 3 Preview

DCR – Vault 81 Dwellers (4-2) AT Fairline Hill Estates Yao Guai (2-4)

SPECIAL NOTE

Due to special circumstances with Nuka-Cola and Nuka-World pioneer John-Caleb Bradberton visiting, the Diamond City Radio broadcast has decided to move to Fairline Hill Estates for the festivities.

WHAT TO KNOW

Vault 81 may have dropped two games out of their first six, but this teams looks to be the early darling of the Railroad League. With the top-ranked offense (league-best 48 runs scored) and defense (league-best 33 runs allowed), the Dwellers are both good at producing runs and holding the other team down. That does not look good for the host this weekend.
Where Vault 81 succeeds, the Yao Guai fail. They are 4th in scoring (37 runs) and last in runs allowed (48). None of their three starters have looked good in the first two weekends, allowing a 10.04 ERA. The team will need to find its balance by this weekend or it could be a team looking to sell early.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM VAULT 81

It is hard to deny the amount of production the Dwellers have shown so far, making each at bat a nightmare for the opposing squad. Because Fairline Hill Estates has been well below average in its pitching so far, we would expect Vault 81 to score more than its average of 8 runs per game. We would not be surprised to see them score those 8+ runs before the 3rd inning in each game.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM FAIRLINE HILL ESTATES

Offensive production from the outfield. Center fielder Noah Arch (.357/0/3), left fielder Adam Crook (.364/1/3), and right fielder Mike Eggs (.286/1/8) can all help boost the team in producing some of its much-needed runs throughout the series.

KEY PLAYERS IN THE SERIES

V81: The Superstar—Piper Wright did a feature on him this week, and there is a reason. Vault 81’s first baseman Erns Gold is leading both the Railroad League and the Commonwealth Baseball Organization in the “Triple Crown” categories: .583/6/18. The cleanup hitter has a home run in every game so far, and he will look to take advantage of the Yao Guai’s poor pitching.

FHE: Slump Busters – Third hitter, 1B Nick Waterpipe (.095/0/5), and cleanup hitter, SS Hose Wallcrawler (.200/1/6), have not been good the first two weekends. If they can find their mojo, in addition to the three-headed monster in the outfield, the Yao Guai could see their run production balloon from the 6 per game they are currently scoring. It would also help to improve on their 3 team home runs, dead last in the Railroad League and only better than the Institute League’s Fort Hagen (1 HR).

PREDICTION: Dwellers sweep
Attached Images

Current dynasties: Fallout 4's Commonwealth Baseball Organization

Completed dynasty: Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball League

Uniforms: My custom uniforms
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:42 PM   #82
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

What a nice looking couple. Post apocalypse has really done Bradberton good. Looking very fancy these days. I wonder how many times Sierra has cleaned his tank? Nothing like a bit of Nuka Cola advertisement on your clothes!

Nice pictures.

Did you pick these from a save you are running or did you find these images on the web?
Old 05-14-2020, 09:56 PM   #83
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
What a nice looking couple. Post apocalypse has really done Bradberton good. Looking very fancy these days. I wonder how many times Sierra has cleaned his tank? Nothing like a bit of Nuka Cola advertisement on your clothes!

Nice pictures.

Did you pick these from a save you are running or did you find these images on the web?
Most of the pics I have been using come from https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki or just a Google search if there isn't something I want there. That is a good idea to go in game and grab a screenshot when I want something else. I may have to go in there and make some miniature stadiums at settlements

Old 05-15-2020, 09:57 PM   #84
StLee
Hall Of Famer

16 April 2296 - WRVR Week 3 Preview

WRVR – FINCH FARM FOUR LEAFS (3-3) AT Nordhagen Beach Party Boys (3-3)

KNOW THE STARS

FF: SP Steve Rocky – Rocky has been solid in his first two starts, allowing 5 earned runs in 15 innings with 18 hits allowed, 4 walks, and 9 strikeouts for a 1-0 record. While Matt Pageturner serves as the team’s ace, it is the 8th-round pick Rocky who has been the knockout pitcher for the Four Leafs.

NB: RF Tomas Jones – The Party Boys’ top pick has been dominant in his team’s first six games, going 14 of 27 with 3 doubles, 4 home runs, 8 runs scored, and 6 RBI. His batting average, home runs, on base percentage, slugging percentage, hits, runs, and total bases all lead the Brotherhood League.

PLAYER VS PLAYER – GAME ONE LINEUPS AND STARTING PITCHERS

TEAM ANALYSIS

It is tough to tell so far which team is strongest in the Brotherhood League, but we can tell you where they might be. Nordhagen Beach was the overall prediction to finish the season in last place, while the Four Leafs are expected to challenge for the division title. That would appear to give Finch Farm the advantage in this series. But hold that thought.

Finch Farm has not been overly impressive in any statistical category. In fact, you could say they have been average in achieving their 3-3 record. Where they have failed have been in home runs, for a league-low three, and runs scored for fifth best. Their pitching staff has also allowed the 5th worse amount of runs, making their current achievement of being in a 6-way tie for 1st place quite the accomplishment.

The Party Boys have achieved their 3-3 start thanks in part to good pitching that has held game scores low. The starting pitchers have a 4.61 ERA for the 3rd best ERA in the league, surpassed by the bullpen’s 0.90 ERA. In all, Nordhagen Beach has only allowed 31 runs, but they also have scored a league-worst 26 runs. To win the series, it looks like the Boys of the Beach will have to keep games low-scoring.

PREDICTIONS

Party Boys 4, Four Leafs 2

Four Leafs 8, Party Boys 3

Party Boys 6, Four Leafs 5

CBO FULL SCHEDULE

Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 05-16-2020, 03:20 AM   #85
Tyke
All Star Starter

Looks like it will be Fun, Fun, Fun!! Come on the Boys!
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #86
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
Looks like it will be Fun, Fun, Fun!! Come on the Boys!
I think I will give daily updates of the Party Boys games for the WRVR Series rather than the whole series in one post. It will make the games go faster than putting together all three posts in one go. Besides, there is a vested interest in this series.

However, we will see if any are today--made promises to my wife since work has dominated my time for the last three weeks. For a definite post today, I had a random event that I manipulated a bit for who was affected. Let's just say a bad roll came, meaning a league player is in bad shape. Since I was sitting on a follow-up story that I could not resist pushing out as soon as possible, the next post coming will start a few chains of reaction...

Old 05-16-2020, 10:33 AM   #87
StLee
Hall Of Famer

April 17 News and Notes

Today in the CBO

News and Notes - Reports from around the Commonwealth

by Nat Wright-Kowalski

17 April 2296 – Violence Claims Another

In what has been a sad repetition of violence last night, another CBO player will lose time to an attack. We are still waiting on details, but the situtation appeared to be serious, maybe even life-threatening for the player involved.

Here is what we know: Fairline Hill Estates Yao Guai pitcher Crick Dubya had recently run into trouble with Toddlers gang leader Babyface Aorta over money owed. While Babyface is not a major player in the Commonwealth underground, he is known to be a serious collector when it comes to loan sharking.

However, after the incident last month, Babyface and his goons went poof. Kaput. Out of commission. Or so people hoped, especially lanky Dubya. That wasn’t quite the case, though, since Crick returned to his shack following the Yao Guai’s 10-3 win over the Vault 81 Dwellers.

Upon opening his front door, reports suggest that there was a baby’s loud cry and then an explosion. Upon investigation, it was discovered that a crib bomb exploded in Dubya’s shack. The Toddler gang has been suspected of using crib bombs in the past, so the gang is suspected in this incident.

There are not a lot of hiding places around Fairline Hill Estates, but officials believe the gang was able to strike using the distraction of the baseball game and visiting Nuka-Cola pioneer John-Caleb Bradberton and Commissioner Nate Howard to plan the attack.

A manhunt has been ordered. We are still waiting on word from Yao Guai owner Eleanor Scarface and to learn more about Dubya’s status. Reports are that Bradberton and his entourage left immediately after the game towards Diamond City to spend the night before conducting business in and around Downtown Boston. Howard was with Bradberton but reportedly returned to Fairline Hill Estates to participate in the manhunt and take care of business.

Dubya (0-1, 24.92 ERA) is scheduled to start Game 3 of the series, but it looks like that start is in doubt.

Word is that the series will continue despite the incident. Still, a team of scientists and demolition experts are in the process of sweeping the stadium and settlement for other incendiary devices.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:38 AM   #88
StLee
Hall Of Famer

WRVR Week 3 - Game 1

Secret to beating Nordhagen Beach: keep Tomas Jones hitless.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by StLee; 05-17-2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Add boxscore
Old 05-18-2020, 06:25 PM   #89
StLee
Hall Of Famer

WRVR Week 3 - Game 2

Oh no, Tomas Jones and the Party Boys don't like the gaze. Jump back on the cart!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 05-19-2020, 03:16 AM   #90
Tyke
All Star Starter

Well, it was close and it's still early days. Not giving up hope yet!!
Old 05-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #91
StLee
Hall Of Famer

WRVR Week 3 - Game 3

Sweep avoided! One game back for the Boys.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 05-19-2020, 02:57 PM   #92
Tyke
All Star Starter

Phew!
Old 05-19-2020, 07:51 PM   #93
StLee
Hall Of Famer

DCR Week 3 Series Recap

The Confidence Man Minute with Travis Miles

This is a transcript from Travis Miles’ post-game sign off of Game Three of the DCR Series of the Week.

If you listened to my broadcast last week, then you remember me bragging about how the Commonwealth Baseball Organization had more drama than the Wastelands. Well, folks, Fairline Hill Estates just shouted out, "Hold my beer!"

I was telling my sound engineer, Nina, that I couldn't imagine this weekend having much more excitement than last weekend. That was before a gang of men who wear *********** diapers decided to crib bomb a CBO player. That's wild, man, straight up Old C.

Reports earlier today say that the victim of that crib bomb, Crick Dubya, will probably live, at least at this point, but he won't be using his right arm again. These are just reports, but an unnamed source working in the clinic stated that Dubya's arm was blasted to bone and hanging meat.

Relatedly, the man hunt for the Toddlers gang and their leader is still in effect. Commissioner Nate Howard is expected to address the issue when he becomes available, but the crib bomb stopped Howard from further wheeling and dealing with what was supposed to be this weekend's biggest news, the arrival of John-Caleb Bradberton. We talked a lot about him on Thursday and what his presence could mean for the future of baseball in the Commonwealth. I'm sure Publick Occurrences will spend some time writing about that this week, so I will move on to a quick recap for the weekend.

In our games, Vault 81 was supposed to have all of the advantages, but the Yao Guai did not get the holotape for the first game. Despite dropping the next two games and losing their 3rd pitcher, the Yao Guai have something to take away from the weekend.

For the Dwellers, they probably have the early favorite for the MVP of the CBO in Erns Gold. He just keeps banging out hits and putting them over the fence, though his home run streak ended at seven games. Otherwise, the entire team is hell at the plate, meaning they are likely to be one of the teams standing when the regular season ends.

Well, this has been "The Confidence Man Minute." I am Travis Miles, your DC Radio host, coming to you live every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from the ballpark. Next weekend, we're heading to the movies at Starlight Drive-In where we will watch the Starlight Lady Killers take on the Concord Radstags in our first look into the Institute League this season. Until then, let's hope the rest of the CBO players can stay safe in the Commonwealth. It's not what it once was before Nate Howard came around, but dangers are always lurking. Peace out! Whatever that means.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 05-19-2020, 09:26 PM   #94
StLee
Hall Of Famer

WRVR Week 3 Series Recap

The Red Plate with Rex, George, and Ann

R: ‘Twas the best of times. ‘Twas the worst of times. 'Twas the age of wisdom. ‘Twas the age of foolishness. ‘Twas the epoch of belief. ‘Twas the epoch of incredulity. ‘Twas the season of Light. ‘Twas the season of Darkness. ‘Twas the spring of hope. ‘Twas the season of baseball.

A: That’s beautiful, Rex. Did you just make that up?

R: I did indeed, Anne. And on this third week of baseball of the Commonwealth, I, Rex Goodman, capital ‘R,’ capital ‘G,’ am hosting our weekly post-series show, “The Red Plate,” made up of the exquisite cast of WRVR’s favorite actors, the famed Charles River Trio. In today’s bout at this glorious demesne, the Party Boys of Nordhagen Beach have defeated the vaunted Finch Farm Four Leafs, 8-3. The equally vaunted George and the loquacious Anne will tell us all the delectable details.

G: Thank you, Rex. Our plate may be full this week, but we have to talk quick because we have a long trip ahead of us for the week ahead.

A: Actually, George, we changed the schedule this week. We are actually staying on the beach for a short vacation from the WRVR studios and then following the Party Boys up to Salem.

G: So we’re going to watch the Party Boys play two straight weeks?

A: That’s right. It may be the last time we get to see the Party Boys this season, so we should enjoy the vacation. Hopefully, our superfan will quit sending holotapes begging for more Nordhagen Beach games. We’re an equal-opportunity station, and we need to see each team play.

R: As I understand our predicament, we have seen three leagues so far, but have yet to venture to the Railroad League. A bit ironic since that is our home territory in the Commonwealth.

A: Our plan is to be there in Week 6, Rexie.

R: Tally-ho!

G: I will go ahead and get us started on this week’s awards. Let me start with the Top Pitcher. This one was tougher than I thought it would be, but I am going to go with Steve Rocky of Finch Farm. He won yesterday’s game by holding the Party Boys to just a run, which was the pitching performance needed to win. For his final stats, Mr. Rocky balled like a boa, allowing one earned run in eight innings with five hits allowed, two walks and three strikeouts. He was a real knockout!

A: I get to return to my favorite award this week, and I have a stud of a Stud of the Week. That award goes to Nordhagen Beach’s own C3-88 Puppetboy. You go, Puppetboy. He may not have played a single game this weekend, but he looked good doing it.

R: Pardon me, but is he not a synth?

A: Synth or not, his parts vibrate my innards.

G: That seems like every man, Anne.

R: Let us conclude with the most extraordinary of players this week, or as we call it, the Outstanding Player of the Week. This was a tough one since there were not a whole lot of offensive standouts. Since we decided we would not double up the awards, I considered a different pitcher. Nevertheless, I will choose Danny Honeycutt, the left fielder for Finch Farm. In three games, he was only 3 for 13, but two of those hits were home runs, which counted for half of all home runs hit on the weekend.

That will conclude this version of “The Red Plate.” It appears we will place our birthday suits on to celebrate our time at the beach, so there will be no midweek drama but we may run our news segments or reruns. Otherwise, this episode has been brought to you by Kasumi Nakano’s Red Rocket: ‘Drive in, fly out.’

'Tis a far, far better thing that I do than I have ever done. 'Tis a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known. Now, let us not set the world on fire as we party on the beach like it’s 2077.

Ladies and germs, the Inkspots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE

Old 05-20-2020, 04:03 AM   #95
Tyke
All Star Starter

Given the impression he [it?] made on Anne, I'm looking forward to C3-88 Puppetboy taking the field for the Party Boys!
Old 05-20-2020, 12:05 PM   #96
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

I love the group in the booth so much! Even in a radioactive post apocalyptic world, some people still have fun personalities.

Better play by play than ESPN as well!
Old 05-21-2020, 09:24 AM   #97
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
Given the impression he [it?] made on Anne, I'm looking forward to C3-88 Puppetboy taking the field for the Party Boys!
Since the starting OF is the strength of the Boys, C3-88 may not get too much time, at least not for now. On the bright side, he is considered the 4th OF ahead of Clux Oldstreet. However, look who is in front of C3-88 at RF!!! With Jones, Gunkill, and Fogcrawler, old Puppetboy may be better served being traded to another team!
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #98
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
I love the group in the booth so much! Even in a radioactive post apocalyptic world, some people still have fun personalities.

Better play by play than ESPN as well!
Thanks. And here I was considering firing the Charles River Trio after the 2296 season because their little plays take a while to write and I am afraid they will get stagnant unless I start making references they could not possibly know. If they get old and stagnant for me, they get scrapped. I mean, Rex Goodman already completed his plagiarism of A Tale of Two Cities! I also considered allowing Rex to transform from melodramatic theater to sarcastic wit, a la Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football, but that may not follow his character. Instead, a different character may take on that future role.

Definitely, there are more characters to come! I am only three weeks into the 2296 season, but have a notebook full of different people, situations, and events I want to institute. I just have to be patient and commit to this dynasty for the long haul. At least in my New Vegas dynasty I had a specific structure of the rise and fall of the Courier related to that league. There is no endgame, at least not planned, for this dynasty.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:34 PM   #99
StLee
Hall Of Famer

April 2296 - Monthly Report - April 18

Today in the CBO

News and Notes - Reports from around the Commonwealth

by Nat Wright-Kowalski

18 April 2296 – T-51 Meets Young Deathclaw

Oberland T-51s reserve first baseman Jah Porter found himself in the wrong place and right place at the same time when a young deathclaw came into his path Saturday night following the T-51s’ 11-5 home loss to the Egret Scrappers.

In a team event planned near the river, the Oberland team ran into a wandering deathclaw. Porter was the closest to the razor claws of the beast, but the gangly beast took an awkward swipe that merely sliced Porter without any deep wounds. Porter immediately fell down, giving team security ample time to pump the reptilian full of lead and lasers.

The deathclaw was reduced to ash in the end, and Porter was transported to a medical facility at Vault 81. He is expected to remain there and rejoin the team when they arrive to take on the Vault 81 Dwellers next week.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #100
StLee
Hall Of Famer

2296 Week 3 - The Week in Review

2296 Week 3 - The Week in Review

It's taking too much time to add individual scores, and I would rather spend more time creating stories, so the scores added to the week in review page is currently scrapped. I may post something else, but overall I don't know if scores are as important as results. Wins or losses, baby.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by StLee; 05-21-2020 at 07:01 PM. Reason: grammar