Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-15-2024, 02:54 AM   #61
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Jake Cronenworth (1B, Padres) is shown as still being in Arbitration, his contract isn't shown (mostly correct for this year but then roughly 12m a year till 2030 at least).
Fixed.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:57 AM   #62
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Jhony Brito (RP, Padres) has all his pitches set to 30 on the 20-80 scale (scouting off). Latest beta version 46.
His stuff is set fine which is what matters. There's some mild weirdness about how the individual pitches display right now that can make them look worse that they actually are that we'll adjust a little in a patch.

Old 03-15-2024, 05:19 AM   #63
Pedro
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
His stuff is set fine which is what matters. There's some mild weirdness about how the individual pitches display right now that can make them look worse that they actually are that we'll adjust a little in a patch.

Thanks Lukas. I updated his pitch ratings to last year's values in the editor and all of a sudden he's one of the better pitchers in the game so I have reverted and will let things take their course as you suggest :P
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:38 AM   #64
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Thanks Lukas. I updated his pitch ratings to last year's values in the editor and all of a sudden he's one of the better pitchers in the game so I have reverted and will let things take their course as you suggest :P
The good news is this doesn't affect the underlying ratings, performance or gameplay at all, it's just wonkiness in the pitch display itself.

We already tweaked a a bit last patch, but will do so more again I guess.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:01 AM   #65
GoOakland
Bat Boy

Found a bit more:
Jorge Soler (SF): has 3y $42M deal without opt-out in real life whereas there is an opt-out in the game
Brian Anderson (SEA): has a minor league contract with SEA in real life whereas he is a free agent in the game.
Scott Alexander (A's): has a major league contract with A's in real life whereas he is a free agent in the game

The following players should be retired instead of being free agents:
Zack Britton
Anthony Bass
David Price
Matt Harvey

Thanks!
GoOakland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:15 PM   #66
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOakland View Post
Found a bit more:
Jorge Soler (SF): has 3y $42M deal without opt-out in real life whereas there is an opt-out in the game
Brian Anderson (SEA): has a minor league contract with SEA in real life whereas he is a free agent in the game.
Scott Alexander (A's): has a major league contract with A's in real life whereas he is a free agent in the game

The following players should be retired instead of being free agents:
Zack Britton
Anthony Bass
David Price
Matt Harvey

Thanks!
Fixed, thanks.

Old 03-15-2024, 09:19 PM   #67
htx1987
Bat Boy

JD Davis just signed with the A's on a 1 year deal.

Also, Dana Brown (Astros GM) is age 70 in the game but 56 in real life. Not sure if these guys are supposed to reflect reality or not (casual player in previous years who never noticed this kind of detail. Less casual this year!)
htx1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:06 PM   #68
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by htx1987 View Post
JD Davis just signed with the A's on a 1 year deal.

Also, Dana Brown (Astros GM) is age 70 in the game but 56 in real life. Not sure if these guys are supposed to reflect reality or not (casual player in previous years who never noticed this kind of detail. Less casual this year!)
Added Davis transaction and fixed Dana Brown's DOB.
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:54 PM   #69
coolfish2
Minors (Double A)

Can you adjust average rating for KBO players?
I don't mean It's completely wrong or you need to fix right now. just I want you to check about this.
-----
They perform much better than real life.
This cause problem like this
1. KBO Can't find a starting pitcher for foreigner slot.
2. Foreigner players who already in the KBO at start point - when they finished their contract and go back to MLB, they are perform unrealistic.

explaining)
0. IRL foreigner players who playing in KBO are from 'AAA-' to 'AA' level.
1. In-game default rating sets for KBO are around 'AAAA'. and you know, pitcher in AAA who is ready for MLB will not sign with KBO.
and from 'AAA' to 'AA' pitchers are not fitted in KBO's Starting pitcher roll.

2. they were 'AA' - 'AAA' pitcher in real life, but default ratings are too high so they go back to MLB not to Minor.

I'm sorry if you intended this, but if you didn't intend this, Can you check and consider about this possible problem?

+ I added a url link. It's in Korean tho, but you can see how KBO players adjust ratings themselves. It's only one of various ways. post says all pitchers in KBO must cut ratings about 40% off.
https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/b...head=30&page=1

Thank you devs. I hope you can understand my English.

Last edited by coolfish2; 03-15-2024 at 11:00 PM.
coolfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:39 PM   #70
negroleagueenthusiast
Minors (Triple A)

Deyvison De Los Santos was a Rule 5 pick by the Guardians, yet he starts the file in AAA.
negroleagueenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 05:34 AM   #71
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish2 View Post
Can you adjust average rating for KBO players?
I don't mean It's completely wrong or you need to fix right now. just I want you to check about this...
Thank you devs. I hope you can understand my English.
Hi,

I can understand your English perfectly, it's very good!

We'll take a look at this. Because of the early release and the move to the new ratings scale, we're still working on all the ratings more than usual.

What you mention about the Korean pitchers makes some sense as I look them over more closely. We can certainly take a look at cutting down the general ratings level a bit. I think 40% is too much though. We will try 12-15% first.

Then we will look things over and test more next week, as we work more on adjusting the rosters for the start of the season, to see if further adjustments are needed or not.

Is it just for pitchers that this is an issue in your opinion, or are batters rated a bit too highly as well?

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-16-2024 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:54 AM   #72
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by negroleagueenthusiast View Post
Deyvison De Los Santos was a Rule 5 pick by the Guardians, yet he starts the file in AAA.
We'll check this out for next patch (not today's). It's probably more a bug than technically a roster issue fwiw. No need to post elsewhere though, it's fine here.

Old 03-16-2024, 09:28 AM   #73
jcard
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekniz View Post
Not sure if pitch mixes fall under this post, but if so, Charlie Morton needs to have a 4 seam fastball added, and switch out the slider for a cutter. He throws the 4 seam 31% of the time and the sinker 7%, so I would think the 4 seam should be rated where the sinker currently is and the sinker lowered.

Bryce Elder needs to add a 4 seam fastball and lose the curveball.
Observation on Morton from recent editions of game:

Morton’s most used pitch is his curve. This is particularly true against LHBs. In OOTP, however, he is given instead a knuckle curve, which as modeled in OOTP is a pitch with a platoon profile that is the opposite of the OOTP regular curveball (thus, KnCu = large normal split). I suspect that this is because his arm slot is classified as sidearm, which I believe hard codes against being assigned a standard curveball. Combining that knuckle curve alongside a sinker and slider in Morton’s arsenal, and then adding the multiplier effect of the sidearm slot, his ratings profile as more or less a paradoxical high stamina ROOGY as opposed to a viable starting pitcher. Anyway, I thought I would just use this opportunity to point out this specific case, and more generally to the small class of pitchers (e.g., Joe Kelly, I believe) who have a Slider / Knuckle Curve breaking ball combination, which is redundant and impractical (= two breaking pitches with very similar extreme normal platoon splits and no pitch to neutralize opposite-handed batters) in the OOTP model (in reality, “knuckle curve” comprises a variety of pitches that ranger from slider-esque to knuckle-ish). Thanks for reading, no delusions on my end that this is a priority at the moment. Just wanted to address it once.

Last edited by jcard; 03-16-2024 at 09:30 AM.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 10:41 AM   #74
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

A lot the pitch types, it really just depends on the source you look at whether a slider is classified as a cutter or vice versa. Same for a curve/knuckle curve, sometimes even a change/circle change/splitter.

It's pretty hard to get this consistent when not all sources are consistent in how they classify pitches.

Morton, if you look at Brooks baseball's pitch classifications, his curve is considered to be a knuckle curve. Which is why we have it defined as that.

https://www.brooksbaseball.net/landi...?player=450203

Old 03-16-2024, 10:41 AM   #75
ZigglarsTusk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tigers are missing their GM (Jeff Greenberg) and AAA manager (Tim Federowicz).

Teams are missing data for 2023 Attendance.

Also, minor thing, but a lot of the free agent women personnel have their gender listed as male. Here's a (probably incomplete) list:

Sue Falsone
Nikki Huffman
Ashley Wenger
Dorothy Pitchford
Megan Curtin
Stephanie Tucker
Lindsay Rosenberg
ZigglarsTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 10:44 AM   #76
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

As far as sinker/four seam, this is more art than science. Heavier gb pitchers we tend to give sinkers. Pitchers that show clear differences in the movements of their two and four seamers we try to give both but may also not do so where this might decrease the pitch values too much or if they are heavy flyball pitchers.

We're definitely always open to arguments for why to change a certain pitchers pitch mix, but it's not necessarily as easy as looking at once source and then just setting pitches according to that.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-16-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:46 AM   #77
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigglarsTusk View Post

Also, minor thing, but a lot of the free agent women personnel have their gender listed as male. Here's a (probably incomplete) list:

Sue Falsone
Nikki Huffman
Ashley Wenger
Dorothy Pitchford
Megan Curtin
Stephanie Tucker
Lindsay Rosenberg
Fixed up the female coaches.

For the Tigers staff, we're working through adding staff, but I believe this doesn't typically get done until the team media guides are released. And then of course there may be a few days lag while we work on it. So these will likely lag a little bit behind with the earlier release this year. Never fear though, we will get to them.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM   #78
theprofessional
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm running a playthrough with the yankees, just some quick ratings/position changes I'd suggest:

Gerrit Cole is rated way too low, he's coming off a Cy Young season and is considered the best SP in MLB. He should at least be a top 3 pitcher in the game IMO. Also, he's going to be out for at least the first 2 months of the season with an elbow injury.

Anthony Volpe's defense needs an uptick, he won a Gold Glove as a rookie at SS last season.

Aaron Judge is going to be the Yankees' everyday CF, he should definitely be rated higher than 30/45 for the position. He played CF most of the 2022 season and was pretty good if not average/above average at the least.

Austin Wells is listed as a RF in AAA , he'll most likely start the year as the backup/rotational catcher on the MLB squad.

Alex Verdugo hit almost 40 doubles the past 2 seasons , his Gap power should be increased.
theprofessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 10:57 AM   #79
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprofessional View Post
Alex Verdugo hit almost 40 doubles the past 2 seasons , his Gap power should be increased.
I'll be curious how he does this year, but always take a player's 2B whose home ballpark is Fenway with a grain of salt.

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 11:07 AM   #80
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

I plan on working on the remaining coaching staffs this weekend so hopefully these will appear in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigglarsTusk View Post

Sue Falsone
Nikki Huffman
Ashley Wenger
Dorothy Pitchford
Megan Curtin
Stephanie Tucker
Lindsay Rosenberg
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote