Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 03-23-2020, 02:32 AM   #1
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

High School League Structure Templates

These are only league structure templates. Not anything to do with logos or anything, just structures for high school leagues around the country, because it's tedious to implement them from scratch every time you want to import them into your game.

I might create more because I like the idea of playing with semi-normal structures, especially this year since most states aren't getting to play HS baseball at all.

My first was Oregon's 6A conferences & 5A conferences. 6A has a 32 team post-season, 5A has a 16-team one. The winners meet in a combined state championship game after each separate class championship. Will hopefully save you some time setting things up or as a template for making it for another state.

I didn't include nicknames, mostly to make it easier to port [also it's a lot of typing.]

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0gci9...AA6-5.wtp/file

If I do others, I'll add them to this thread too.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 03-23-2020 at 03:15 AM.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:51 AM   #2
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
is your plan to just do state by state?

I was planning on taking all the HS players in the 4 draft pools, separating them into their actual states and then seeing how many teams I would need in order to equally distribute talent and have I'd guess somewhere around a 100+ team feeder
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:17 AM   #3
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Not planning on doing state-by-state. In past years, I've just done a random assortment of states within a particular league. This isn't meant to be for folks who prioritize realism, just really a way to deepen the immersion if you want your HS structures to be more realistic, or if you just wanna sim HS baseball for giggles. It's just very tedious to create these, so I figured I'd share my work if I keep making others.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 03-23-2020 at 03:23 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I updated the original file and added Iowa top high school level to the file. Their format is more logical and could be a good template for creating "realistic" high school leagues from other states. It's 8 divisions of six teams. So this file includes both Oregon and Iowa

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qplfz...OR+IA.wtp/file
Old 03-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
BrandonBlitz
Bat Boy

@qcbandits - How do you go about assigning the already pre-created draft pool kids into the high school and college leagues?
BrandonBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 06:59 PM   #6
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

These still work well in case you want to download them, edit and make your own state from a shell without starting from scratch. (I had to go find them myself for a 22 save, I'd forgotten I made them.)
Old 06-24-2023, 09:00 AM   #7
BillieKnowlt
Bat Boy

It's great to hear that you're creating league structure templates for high school leagues! Having pre-made templates can definitely save a lot of time and effort when importing them into your game. It's especially valuable in a year where many states are unable to play HS baseball.

Last edited by BillieKnowlt; 06-24-2023 at 09:22 AM.
BillieKnowlt is offline   Reply With Quote