Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #1
bobsayah
Bat Boy

importing schedules and handling of time zones

From everything I read on these forums, if I want to create and import my own custom schedule, I should put the game times in as "local time". However, it does not seem to be working that way for me. It looks like it is interpreting all of the times in my schedule file to be Eastern time - so all of the games in the other time zones are starting earlier than I intend.

In my schedule file, I currently have all game start times set to "1905". Here is a little piece of what the file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGN_G154_SL1D3T6T6T6" inter_league="0" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="154" start_day_of_week="5">
<GAMES>
<GAME day="1" time="1905" away="10" home="7" />
<GAME day="1" time="1905" away="11" home="9" />
<GAME day="1" time="1905" away="4" home="1" />
<GAME day="1" time="1905" away="5" home="3" />
<GAME day="1" time="1905" away="2" home="6" />
<GAME day="2" time="1905" away="8" home="12" />
<GAME day="2" time="1905" away="15" home="13" />
<GAME day="2" time="1905" away="16" home="18" />
<GAME day="2" time="1905" away="17" home="14" />
<GAME day="3" time="1905" away="10" home="7" />
<GAME day="3" time="1905" away="11" home="9" />
<GAME day="3" time="1905" away="8" home="12" />
<GAME day="3" time="1905" away="4" home="1" />
<GAME day="3" time="1905" away="5" home="3" />
<GAME day="3" time="1905" away="2" home="6" />

However, when I import this file, instead of games all starting at 7:05PM local time, they all start at 7:05PM Eastern time.

Am I doing something wrong?

Bob
bobsayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #2
bobsayah
Bat Boy

Here is a link to an image showing the game times after import:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FX...vcDA2erADqRwJ6
Old 04-21-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsayah View Post
Am I doing something wrong?
Well, something's wrong. Without more information, though, I'm not sure what it is. I assume you're using OOTP19 or OOTP20 rather than some earlier version, correct? OOTP used to handle game times by setting them all to eastern time, but that was before the introduction of the world_default.xml file in version 12. And on the game page, it will show times based on your team's local time. But on the league schedule page, it should show local times for each home team.

I note that your schedule header is not properly formatted. That may have something to do with the issue. Can you attach your schedule so that I can take a look?
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:23 PM   #4
bobsayah
Bat Boy

Thanks for the response, Joe. I am using OOTP19. I worked around the problem by adding some code to the program which generated the XML to adjust the start time based on the time zone. I no longer seem to have the original file, but here is a link to my current schedule file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H8..._BfsZj0c4gixxu

Although the times are not all 1905 anymore, it is still the case that when I imported this file, all of the times are imported as Eastern time. But, since the times were adjusted, they now are the times I wanted.

Can you provide more detail about what is wrong with my header? I am willing to play with fixing that if you let me know what my mistake is.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 04-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

According to the manual, there should be underscores separating the league information in the header. You have this:
ILN_BGN_G154_SL1D3T6T6T6
The manual says it should look like this:
ILN_BGN_G154_SL1_D3_T6_T6_T6
But the schedule still works, so I guess the formatting is more of a suggestion than a rule. I'm still not sure what happened with the game times.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote