Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #1
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Pudge?

Third year of perfect team and still no Ivan Rodriguez? One of the greatest catchers of all time. Is he blackballed? His arm ratings and catcher ratings would be off the charts.

asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:27 PM   #2
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
Third year of perfect team and still no Ivan Rodriguez? One of the greatest catchers of all time. Is he blackballed? His arm ratings and catcher ratings would be off the charts.
Also a huge fan...used his 88 Card last year for as long as i could.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:47 PM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

There was a surprisingly large amount of iconic players missing from the game upon its release, especially if you include those who had middling versions but no Historical Legend (Is 1921 really going to be the only Babe Ruth we get? Unlikely...). I expect many are being held back for larger purposes.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #4
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Also a huge fan...used his 88 Card last year for as long as i could.
hmmmmm - I missed that version. dang

asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
PT20 we had a few versions - a 71 and an 88 in packs, and then the special edition card of his was a 98, and a pretty nice card. I was a big fan of him back in the day, so you can be sure that we'll see some Pudge cards before everything is done.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

If a guy who you'd expect to have a great card doesn't have one, it's probably not that we forgot him

After all, we remembered household names like Larry Kopf and Les Straker

So just stay patient. Something tells me you'll see some of these cards sooner or later

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:49 PM   #7
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
You may have shot right past the gold cards on your way to all those championships.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:20 PM   #8
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
There was a surprisingly large amount of iconic players missing from the game upon its release, especially if you include those who had middling versions but no Historical Legend (Is 1921 really going to be the only Babe Ruth we get? Unlikely...). I expect many are being held back for larger purposes.

No Frank Thomas 100 Perfect card yet either. One of the greatest right-handed hitters to play the game. I can run off so many WHY not 100 cards in game for some players but developers don't value some true prolific players vs Tatis, Jr. Guerrero, Jr, Adley Rutschman. Some teams get hardly any 100 cards
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #9
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
but developers don't value some true prolific players vs Tatis, Jr. Guerrero, Jr, Adley Rutschman. Some teams get hardly any 100 cards
It has nothing to do with that.

There has to be a variety of cards available, both in position and era. Of course everyone wants a 100-rated card of their favorite players. But if everyone got that, that's literally all the cards we'd have in the game outside of the live cards.

Oh no, there's no 100 rated Frank Thomas card? Go look at the collection reward Frank Thomas and tell me he "needs" a perfect card after that.

Actually, pretty sure there's another very good Frank Thomas card as well thats in the low or mid 90s that I've seen around. Why does Frank Thomas need 3 cards right now when someone like Ben Sheets could use one of those diamond slots?

(Note: I'm not actually making that argument, just poking fun at how all these arguments boil down to a bunch of people that everyone likes getting left out no matter what as there are only so many cards you can add at a time.)

It has nothing to do with valuing Vladito more. There are historic legend cards, there needs to be a spread of cards through the available ranges. Same goes for future legends cards and such. There needs to be cards that are middling (your silver-gold) and high end cards in that line. So for the high end cards, you take the very best case scenario for their career if every star aligned and *poof* there's your Perfect Future Legend. They aren't saying "Hey, Rutschman and crew are better than Hank Aaron."
Old 04-07-2020, 08:16 PM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

The collection and some ratings are somewhat different in this version. many peak players that were all stars. Garvey was a surprise.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:17 AM   #11
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Did anyone actually think we were going to drop 100's of every all-time great right on Day 1? As I said during the reveal stream and at least half a dozen times since, we planned differently and better this year in terms of content.

Raising the flag that you're favorite 100 isn't in the game on day 19 makes me giggle (especially when I know the content roadmap )

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/

Last edited by Kris Jardine; 04-08-2020 at 07:20 AM.
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote