Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
JollyGreenGiant
Minors (Rookie Ball)

NFL license

Will Front office football have official NFL licensing?
Old 03-02-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

I don't think we know yet. I imagine it's pretty expensive and while OOTP is hugely successful I'm not sure they will drop the resources on an official license. It would be great if they do but means little because we can just change team names and logos ourselve.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

After Markus’ and Jim’s mentions of the company being on a different path which has anticipated, I wouldn’t rule out they’ve struck a deal with the NFL and/or EA Sports to not only have real names and logos in the game but to have the game published by a major company.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:12 PM   #4
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

They are able to use real player names regardless. They also don't have to strike a deal with EA as far as I know the exclusive contract doesn't cover a game like this.

Lastly I don't think this game needs a major publisher and would argue in this space OOTP is the second biggest publisher behind sports interactive. It wouldn't make sense for them to go outside OOTP developments. The market is pretty niche and they're not going to sell that many more games to warrant giving a chunk of points up to someone who doesn't know this market just for the name.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #5
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

FOF9 will not have licensing. We will stick with the standard disclaimer I've used for many years - basically that we do not claim that anyone endorses the game. From the team standpoint, we'll avoid trademarks (Detroit's team will not be called the Lions, for instance).

We might attempt to obtain licensing for future versions, depending on the cost and the perceived benefit. No guarantee that can or will happen. I doubt we'd try and do something like Perfect Team Football without licensing, though. That's pushing the standard Lanham Act disclaimer a little too far.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #6
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

I give it 30 minutes! 30 minutes after the game is published someone will post a mod that includes team logos as well as a preformatted league with the current names!

Thanks for answering the question Jim, now go back to work!

Last edited by nbryant; 03-09-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #7
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
I give it 30 minutes! 30 minutes after the game is published someone will post a mod that includes team logos as well as a preformatted league with the current names!
Yeah, this isn't something the OOTP modding community can't fix in short order.

Jim, thank you for answering this; hopefully an NFL and NFLPA licensing is something we can work toward a few versions down the line.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #8
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

Yeah this means very little like I said earlier. It's really easy for modders to change. Thanks Jim!
Old 03-12-2020, 12:22 AM   #9
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I'll be able to do all the logos.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:06 PM   #10
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I'll be able to do all the logos.
Hell, I already have all the logos saved on my computer lol. All I would need is the size and format specs.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #11
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51 View Post
Hell, I already have all the logos saved on my computer lol. All I would need is the size and format specs.
Ditto! I think I have 4-5 sets from FOF 7 and 8, 40+ fantasy helmets for fantasy leagues, some league logo's and a handful of other stuff waiting on the specs!