Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #1
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Aging Curve

Has anyone looked at the aging curve. I have asked about this in the past and I am wondering if anyone has seen changes in '6.

I am operating under the assumption that the vast majority of players have peaked their talent at age 26. The odds of them fully developing (if not already) stops around age 25. Age 24 and below they still have time to max out.

What do others think. I do not have much to go on so I am seeing what others think.

Thanks,
Tom (LP)
Old 12-21-2019, 03:28 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It'll vary by player, the Aging hidden rating (which is dynamic and may change based on events early in a player's career) has a large influence on the rate the player ages and when his peak is, so some won't peak until they're well into their 30's, others will get there before they're 20.

As a rule of thumb, when we're rating players they'll generally have a bit of built-in remaining potential (unless they've obviously reached their peak in real life) as long as they're under 27 or so, so most players at the NHL level who are younger than that at the start of a game will still improve a bit.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
redtiger7
All Star Starter

So what does it mean when you see a 27+ year old player with higher potential than current rating?
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 01:41 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
So what does it mean when you see a 27+ year old player with higher potential than current rating?
We spent time to cut down the possibility of seeing players with substantially higher potential vs current ability, so if there's still a small jump (say, half a star or maybe even a full one) they have the ability to still meet it. But it doesn't necessarily mean they will.
Adam B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:30 AM   #5
ExeR
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It'll vary by player, the Aging hidden rating (which is dynamic and may change based on events early in a player's career) has a large influence on the rate the player ages and when his peak is, so some won't peak until they're well into their 30's, others will get there before they're 20.
Oh, good to know. From other topic on this subject I understood it was "peak age+3(?) year gap".
One thing related to this topic that should be added imo is "wants to play untill he can't" option. I don't know if it's better to do it as an attribute or you plan to add character traits at some point. But guys like Jagr/Vince Carter just like to play the game and don't want to leave.
Right now in game you can have HoF goalie, that doesn't want to play past 38, despite still having skills and character for it. It doesn't correlate now, but in reality high loyalty guy that likes to earn would've stayed in team that was more than happy to pay him since he's living legend that can still play. And that sucks big time. Not only you lose quality player, but it affects records and career stats numbers alot. Lots of greats are obsessed with these little records and achievements, so this should be their goal at the end of career.
ExeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:07 AM   #6
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeR View Post
Oh, good to know. From other topic on this subject I understood it was "peak age+3(?) year gap".
Can you point me to this thread please?

Thank you