Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #21
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Yes, you guessed right! One the best catchers if not the best catcher in Chicago White Sox franchise history. I wish the White Sox would retire Sherman's number 10. That would be so cool.
Definitely one of the top two; considering his stats with the White Sox are very similar to Fisk's (Fisk is a little bit ahead in just about everything except Gold Gloves) you'd think he'd be deserving of having then number 10 retired.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:20 AM   #22
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Yes, you guessed right! One the best catchers if not the best catcher in Chicago White Sox franchise history. I wish the White Sox would retire Sherman's number 10. That would be so cool.
1st White Sox player to hit 20 HR in a season. I want to say the 1st time he did it was 1956 the 2nd was 1959. #10 should be retired.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #23
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
1st White Sox player to hit 20 HR in a season.
Gus Zernial hit 29 in 1950. As an side...how did it take the White Sox so long to have a 20-homer guy? Was old Comiskey that much of a pitcher's park?

EDIT: Upon further review, Carl Reynolds hit 22 for the White Sox in 1930. I never knew he played for them; remember him only for the Bill Dickey incident in Washington.

Last edited by tayloraj; 02-06-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Was totally wrong
Old 02-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #24
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
Gus Zernial hit 29 in 1950. As an side...how did it take the White Sox so long to have a 20-homer guy? Was old Comiskey that much of a pitcher's park?

EDIT: Upon further review, Carl Reynolds hit 22 for the White Sox in 1930. I never knew he played for them; remember him only for the Bill Dickey incident in Washington.
Sad I had never even heard of him, went on to have a good career with the A's. In 1949 the dimensions were
Clem's Baseball ~ Comiskey Park
CF was huge. We also had some very bad players from 1921 til the mid 50's.
Comiskey Park Historical Analysis by Baseball Almanac
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 02-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #25
lars0217
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am going to chime in, I can't say I blame the dude. This game might be amazing, but so far for me it is amazingly difficult to operate correctly. I have lost interest in it, just saying, however without sounding sarcastic I am glad other people like it. Maybe one of these days I will dust it off and take some time to read the documentation and give it a try again.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #26
jhart05
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars0217 View Post
I am going to chime in, I can't say I blame the dude. This game might be amazing, but so far for me it is amazingly difficult to operate correctly. I have lost interest in it, just saying, however without sounding sarcastic I am glad other people like it. Maybe one of these days I will dust it off and take some time to read the documentation and give it a try again.

But you see the issue with this guy is many people did answer his prior question(s). That's one reason why it's pointless to even try to answer his current question(s).

If someone does get help with their issue, and doesn't use or accept that help, what's the point of trying to help that person again. It gets old, quick.

Now, with his current question of "is this person in the game?", how can one even answer that if he doesn't give the name of the person. That's not even a needle in the haystack issue. That's like asking someone to give you an apple from a bag of oranges. Then telling them they are the stupid one, for not being able to.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #27
italyprof
All Star Reserve

I went to high school with Scott Bradley, who was a catcher for Seattle in the 80s. Not great but the best quarterback I ever saw. We won the state title thanks to him. Not sure why he chose baseball.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #28
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Big deal. I went to high school with Rusty Greer who played outfield for the Texas Rangers for over a decade. And he IS in the game! Now go read a dictionary.
Rusty Greer could have been one of my favourite players of all time but being a Celtic fan it was not to be.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #29
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

you guys are pathetic i asked if any of uses actually knew a person who played professional baseball and all you dos is talk about people that you knew of not really known. for example you say things like oh yes there was a player that went to my high school or i knew a guy who lived down the street. thats not knowing someone you lamebrains. the person i am tralking about was actually a freind of my fathers you idiots. he came over our house for partys and barbicues with his family in the 1960s. he played trumpet in my fathers band, i even went to a few yankee games with him in the late 60s early 70s. when my parents got divorced in 1977 he took my mother out and asked her to marry him. she turned him down because he was a alcoholic. that is actually knowing someone not the examples uses gave me. ok i got my anser since he never made the majors then he aint in the game. he is in baseball referance though his name is james salinger he played for the reds minor league team in 1951 and the yankees minor league team in 1952 both were class d which is like a leahe today. he actually put up better numbers when he played for the yankees then derek jeter did when he played his first year in the minors. he also was just as goodlooking maybe even better then jeter and unlike jeter he had a really out going and funny personality. i havent been in contact with him since the late 70s after my mother turned him down he disapeared. since my father left my mother and he was my fathers friend i never saw him again after that but i knew him growing up from a little kid to i was around 20. i do believe he is still alive and would be in his mid 80s. his son jimmy was a really good baseball player also but never did play professionally but he was the starting first baseman for his high school team for 3 years.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #30
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilin11 View Post
you guys are pathetic i asked if any of uses actually knew a person who played professional baseball and all you dos is talk about people that you knew of not really known. for example you say things like oh yes there was a player that went to my high school or i knew a guy who lived down the street. thats not knowing someone you lamebrains. the person i am tralking about was actually a freind of my fathers you idiots. he came over our house for partys and barbicues with his family in the 1960s. he played trumpet in my fathers band, i even went to a few yankee games with him in the late 60s early 70s. when my parents got divorced in 1977 he took my mother out and asked her to marry him. she turned him down because he was a alcoholic. that is actually knowing someone not the examples uses gave me. ok i got my anser since he never made the majors then he aint in the game. he is in baseball referance though his name is james salinger he played for the reds minor league team in 1951 and the yankees minor league team in 1952 both were class d which is like a leahe today. he actually put up better numbers when he played for the yankees then derek jeter did when he played his first year in the minors. he also was just as goodlooking maybe even better then jeter and unlike jeter he had a really out going and funny personality. i havent been in contact with him since the late 70s after my mother turned him down he disapeared. since my father left my mother and he was my fathers friend i never saw him again after that but i knew him growing up from a little kid to i was around 20. i do believe he is still alive and would be in his mid 80s. his son jimmy was a really good baseball player also but never did play professionally but he was the starting first baseman for his high school team for 3 years.
Actually, no you are being pathetic. I played in Little League with Rusty and we also had a few classes together in middle school and high school. I hung out with him some in high school so I do know him personally and I've even gotten free tickets to Angels-Rangers games from him when I lived in Southern California. So, I knew an actual major league baseball player, not some scrub who couldn't make it out of D ball.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:25 PM   #31
Peedo
Minors (Single A)

Is this guy for real, or is one of the OOTP staff just entertaining us while they're on break?

I just happened to stumble across this thread, and it actually put me in a better mood, and made me laugh.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #32
Sludge
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post

I remember when Bill Melton became the all-time leader in home runs (at the time) for the White Sox, when he hit his 136th.

Sludge
Old 05-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #33
rmilin11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

once again you guys dont get it all you can say is some guy you knew in school and were just star struck lap dogsbecause you knew a guy who played pro baseball. my fathers friend was nothing like that. my father knew him outside of baseball he played trumpet in my fathers band in the 60s. my father didnt even know him when he played for the reds and yankees. we were not some star struck losers that thought they were friends with a pro baseball player. this guy was really good friends with my father. we knew his wife his 5 kids he came over to our house for barbicues and partys we went to his house for the same i even went to a few yankee games with him and his sons. nobody on here knew a pro baseball player like that. then you put him down for not making the major leagues what you dont know is that back in 1952 baseball players werent making any kind of money when the yankees released him he didnt even try anymore because he wanted to go to college and better his chances of making money. his first year stats with the yankees were better then the numbers jeter put up in his first year in the minors. now go back to your computer game because thats about as close you will ever get to playing real baseball...
Old 05-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #34
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilin11 View Post
once again you guys dont get it all you can say is some guy you knew in school and were just star struck lap dogsbecause you knew a guy who played pro baseball. my fathers friend was nothing like that. my father knew him outside of baseball he played trumpet in my fathers band in the 60s. my father didnt even know him when he played for the reds and yankees. we were not some star struck losers that thought they were friends with a pro baseball player. this guy was really good friends with my father. we knew his wife his 5 kids he came over to our house for barbicues and partys we went to his house for the same i even went to a few yankee games with him and his sons. nobody on here knew a pro baseball player like that. then you put him down for not making the major leagues what you dont know is that back in 1952 baseball players werent making any kind of money when the yankees released him he didnt even try anymore because he wanted to go to college and better his chances of making money. his first year stats with the yankees were better then the numbers jeter put up in his first year in the minors. now go back to your computer game because thats about as close you will ever get to playing real baseball...
Again, it is you who doesn't get it. It's great that your family was friends with some guy who played a couple of years in D ball. It's all cheddar and crackers that he took you to baseball games, and you can have those memories and cherish them and let them lull you to sleep at night for all I care and probably for all any of us care. It's your petty, inane, childish oneupsmanship that we really don't care for. And I played real baseball, from Little League through high school, unlike the softball-on-a-tee version that you played at your all-girls' Catholic school. Now, please, stay off the Internet. Even your dial-up modem is tired of you touching it.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #35
TC Dale
Global Moderator

Closing the thread. If the original poster wishes to ask about other game issues with OOTP and the feeder leagues he was asking about, then he can ask the question without all the drama.

Understand you get more help when you ask politely and without malice about something you need an answer for. The thread has become something that doesn't need to be discussed on the main forum.
Closed Thread