Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:59 AM   #541
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Awards season: Orioles' Davis and Dodgers' Hanley Ramirez are MVPs

Awards season: Orioles' Davis and Dodgers' Hanley Ramirez are MVPs
Attached Images
Image Image 
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:20 AM   #542
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Season wrap up

Well after just shy of three months the season is at an end.
It's easy to say why things played out is a disappointment is absolutely a fact.
I thought this team would at least contend for the division title, but the team never did seem to find its footing until late August by which time it was too late.
On August 26, the team was 12 games out of first place. The closest it would come to the lead was four games out with six games to go on Sept. 28. The Cardinals would close the season by going 1-5 to close the season.
* Injuries took a major toll. Tony Womack, Larry Walker and Albert Pujols all missed significant playing time.
Pujols, who played just 103 games, also struggled through the All-Star break, got going than suffered his second injury.
He carried the team through its hot stretch in August and into September but the deficit was too much to make up.
Womack had a great season, but was limited to 85 games because of injuries.
Walker was pretty much useless after his early season injury.
Reggie Sanders had a strong campaign, in a way making up for the struggles of Walker.
* Chris Carpenter did not turn out to be that dominant No. 1 starter I hoped he would be. In fact, my best pitchers down the stretch were Jeff Suppan and Jason Marquis.
* The bullpen struggled most of the season. Steve Kline had to be released. Jason Isringhausen was among the league leaders in saves, but always seemed to be an adventure. He also finished with six blown saves. The Cardinals had 17 blown saves as a team.
* Rolen was the team's most consistent player, while Edmonds was the best through the first two thirds of the season. He did not play well in September.

* Catchers did not perform well defensively, considering they are both considered among the best at the position. That is probably more on me for not paying attention to baserunners -- we gave up a lot of stolen bases -- but I thought we had too many wild pitches and passed balls considering who was behind the plate.
Can't think of much more. It was a grind, but a fun grind.
Will probably purchase OOTP 19 soon and start a 2017 Cardinals dynasty.
Hope those who followed this thread enjoyed it.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHAMPION -- the 2003 Florida Marlins.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:36 PM   #543
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Interesting note

It took me from Feb. 11 to the early morning hours of April 8 to complete this season.
According to Steam, I played for 152 hours or 6 complete days and 8 hours.
It featured 1,315 screenshots.