Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Offseason Discount! SAVE 50%!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:18 PM   #1
skep
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 38x in 15 posts
Tournaments and tanking

I want to follow the rules as set forth, but I must admit I am very tempted to sell off some quality players in order to purchase a Gold-level tournament roster.

Some players focus going forward will be less on the actual perfect team mode and more on tournaments. Will you be punishing those players who sell off their quality players to buy in to tournament rosters?

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 8,204x in 3,965 posts
When you sell these players, will you replace them with the best players that you have left or a roster of irons?

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
skep
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 38x in 15 posts
I would replace with best available option. I'm not trying to game the PT system, I just wanna play gold tournaments. I suppose therein lies the difference between me and a tanker.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Thanked 537x in 372 posts
You are still sacrificing wins in your standard PT league in favor of something else (in this case, points and packs in gold tournaments). This is in direct opposition with the ToS, though this says far more about the ToS than it does your team or your intentions.

The ire of the community will be proportional to how large of a downgrade you're experiencing. Retooling your roster with gold players may get you relegated from Perfect and may even hemorrhage points to your opponents at alarming levels (especially if we're talking about love gold pitchers here), but you'll still look competitive enough that nobody will care much. The additional fact that you won't be changing between good and bad players each season as you relegate and promote will quiet what small amount of anger might remain over a significantly downgraded lineup.

We have seen no evidence of game admins adhering strictly to the letter of the law, and you're close enough to being compliant with the spirit of the law that you should easily have zero issues.

Open Offense - Rangers/Astros Pitching Theme Team

Collection Rewards (Cards and Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
skep (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
emilempenza
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 27x in 17 posts
It's not tanking if you are selecting the best team you have available, seems pretty clear to me. You aren't deliberately losing.
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Orcin (11-30-2019), skep (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #6
HRBaker
All Star Reserve

Thanked 524x in 289 posts
IMHO, "selling" off your players isn't the issue that "not playing them" is.

Both scenarios will cause you to lose games, but only the second option gives you the opportunity to beat up on lesser teams once you get relegated.
Kris Jardine (12-01-2019), old timer (12-01-2019), skep (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 8,204x in 3,965 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
I would replace with best available option. I'm not trying to game the PT system, I just wanna play gold tournaments. I suppose therein lies the difference between me and a tanker.
Yes, that's the difference. It's clearly not tanking and does not violate the ToS.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Kris Jardine (12-01-2019), old timer (12-01-2019), skep (11-30-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #8
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Thanked 906x in 280 posts
The spirit of the ToS is to ensure that teams are fielding their best available current roster in league play. If you abide by that, then there is nothing to worry about.

Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
skep (12-01-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 10:18 AM   #9
Lemandria
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 45x in 37 posts
I'd sell off that annoying lefty who can't ever get his ERA under 6...and maybe turn him into gold players.

But no one else wants him. Nine of him on the AH as of this mornin, and the prices are falling, falling

Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #10
daves
All Star Starter

Thanked 557x in 379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
I want to follow the rules as set forth, but I must admit I am very tempted to sell off some quality players in order to purchase a Gold-level tournament roster.

Some players focus going forward will be less on the actual perfect team mode and more on tournaments. Will you be punishing those players who sell off their quality players to buy in to tournament rosters?
The uniqueness of the tournaments is you don't have to sell off players. You can buy and create a Gold, Silver or Bronze team while keeping your league team intact.

You have 3 decent teams so you don't necessarily have to sell.

Righty defense team

Lefty Custom

Last edited by daves; 12-01-2019 at 10:45 AM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote