Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:28 PM   #21
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

That Chiefs O-Line did a lot better than I expected. The turning point in that game was that 3rd and 15 down field. Hill scores on that play if Mahomes throws a good pass.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:34 PM   #22
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Shanahan is a coward

Reid goes for a fourth and short on the first touchdown drive.

Shanahan wastes nearly two full minutes to concede a chance to score a TD before the half.

Shanahan kicks a field goal on 4th and short to start the second half.

Both teams played pretty poorly overall so the one without any guts deserved to lose and did.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:51 PM   #23
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I felt the SF d-line rattled Mahomes. But too much individual talent enabled KC to overcome that obstacle. Which is kind of how I thought it would play out if KC would win........Garrapolo played better than I expected, but the KC secondary was worse than I expected. So, chicken..egg... I don't get why Shanahan threw so much though. Yet it was clicking, so staying with the hot hand is a good reason. But 31 passes to 22 rushes is not their style. They lost the TOP game and I think we all thought that was essential if SF was going to win.......And personally, I thought the MVP was Damien Williams. 2 TD's, 100 plus running......
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #24
mirrf
All Star Starter

The difference was there was an elite QB (who had a relatively bad day for most of the day) vs an average QB who the coach doesn't trust. There is no way the 9ers should have played the end of the first half that conservatively unless you're worried about turnovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
Time is like a crystal pool in front of a mirror, wrapped in a fortune cookie. It is to be eaten, but the glass shards will burn brightest when coming out the back end.
mirrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:52 AM   #25
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
The difference was there was an elite QB (who had a relatively bad day for most of the day) vs an average QB who the coach doesn't trust. There is no way the 9ers should have played the end of the first half that conservatively unless you're worried about turnovers.
Yep. They had a chance at an extra possession against the best offense in the league and went "Nah we're good."

People are blaming Shanahan for blowing another lead but really his big faults were the end of first half and the field goal on the first possession of the second. You need to try to score as many points as you can when the opportunity is there to score them.

The playcalling in the fourth was fine. Receivers were open on all the key plays, Jimmy just missed them.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #26
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to the Chiefs. Easier to swallow this one since the Chiefs were so deserving.

Couple of interesting stats after the game:

* Shanahan has been outscored 46-0 in the 4th Quarter and Overtime in his 2 Super Bowls he has coached in

* Teams are 29-3 in the SuperBowl when leading by 10+ points through 3 quarters. Shanahan has coached in 2 of those Super Bowl losses.

Just an abysmal coaching performance from Shanahan from the cowardice at the end of the first half until the end of the game. And with all the Jimmy Hype, you'd think he'd be better. Just goes to show that when it comes down to the wire, you need elite QB play. The Chiefs have it, the 49'ers don't. You simply can't have your 137.5 million dollar QB going 3 for 11, 36 yards, in the 4th quarter of a Superbowl, or missing open receivers for touchdowns.

Also, really bad look for Lynch to be right behind Shanahan during the 4th quarter collapse. I thought that was ****ty. Go back in your damn booth.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #27
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Shanahan is a coward

Reid goes for a fourth and short on the first touchdown drive.

Shanahan wastes nearly two full minutes to concede a chance to score a TD before the half.

Shanahan kicks a field goal on 4th and short to start the second half.

Both teams played pretty poorly overall so the one without any guts deserved to lose and did.
I really can't argue with this. Don't forget the conservative play after the interception already up by 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I felt the SF d-line rattled Mahomes. But too much individual talent enabled KC to overcome that obstacle. Which is kind of how I thought it would play out if KC would win........Garrapolo played better than I expected, but the KC secondary was worse than I expected. So, chicken..egg... I don't get why Shanahan threw so much though. Yet it was clicking, so staying with the hot hand is a good reason. But 31 passes to 22 rushes is not their style. They lost the TOP game and I think we all thought that was essential if SF was going to win.......And personally, I thought the MVP was Damien Williams. 2 TD's, 100 plus running......
Good post. I think the Chiefs D played well enough to give themselves a chance. I also agree on the MVP. And if not him, Hill. He would not be denied. There was no real clear cut MVP in that game so it should have went to Williams. It reminds me of Super Bowl 25. It went to the RB for similar reasons.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote