Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
cah011381
Bat Boy

Minor league affiliates

I am currently about five years into an expansion team in San Juan. When I created the expansion teams, they set up my minor league affiliates, I have two rookie league teams, two low A, and one each high A, double A, and triple A, as well as my international complex. My problem is, after the draft and international free agency, it dumps all the players into one low A team, giving them over a hundred players.

Is there a way I can add more minor league affiliates to my organization? Would like to add a Gulf Coast and Arizona rookie league team as well, but can't figure out how to do it. I can add the teams, just can't figure out how to affiliate them with my big league club.
cah011381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
koohead
Hall Of Famer

your newly drafted players go to Low A as opposed to one of your 2 Rookie level teams?? That's odd. can you check those Rookie leagues and make sure they don't have a weird age or service time restriction on them? Are you able to move players from that Low A team down to R? the AI should auto-assign draft picks to your lowest minor league level.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #3
cah011381
Bat Boy

I have two rookie level teams, but still don't have enough room for all of my draft picks and free agent signings. I would like to try to add at least one more rookie level team, maybe two. Most MLB teams have more, I'll use St Louis as an example:

My team has AAA, AA, A+, A-, two rookie level teams, and the international complex

St. Louis has AAA, AA, A+, A, A-, four rookie level teams, and the international complex.

I probably don't really need all these affiliates because most of the players there are trash anyway. I do want my team to be more realistic and on the same level as all the other teams. Imagine in real life if one team had four more minor league affiliates. There would be a massive ****storm!!!
Old 11-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Gotcha. So..check out this thread...does that help? http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...or+league+team

In general though, I would suggest being a bit more aggressive in terms of who you keep from the previous draft (and in your minor league system overall). It's a task, but every off season I go through all levels of my minors and evaluate whether or not someone is worth keeping around. For context, I have 35 man rosters throughout the minors. I also on a weekly basis ask the AI to adjust my lineup, depth chart, and bullpen. So at the end of the year if there are players that are just not getting used, I cut them loose unless I think they have potential to grow. Someone that's 28 and only getting in 15-20 ABs at Triple A probably doesn't deserve a roster spot. Doing this frees up room for me to promote from double A, and Single A, and so on and so forth. Then at the lowest levels I look really hard at people who have been stuck at R level for 2 years and getting minimal playing time (and not doing much with that playing time). I cut them loose as well. My goal is to get to about a roster of 15 at the R level, giving me room for my upcoming draft and any FA signings I make of undrafted rookies or promotions from my Intl. complex. oh, I should mention that I have 3 R level teams plus a SA (this is a regular MLB structure...I just play as the Yankees so they have 2 GCL teams).
Old 11-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #5
cah011381
Bat Boy

That link had very simple to follow instructions and I now have extra minor league teams. I can't believe how easy it was once I finally saw exactly how to do it. Made me fell kinda dumb, but it's okay, because now I'm in business.

Thank you very much for all of your help.