Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

International Amateurs

I drafted 3 International Amateurs in the July draft. They came back and said they needed more money but when I tried to meet their demands I was told my spending on international FA would be above my cap which I have set at $5,000,000. I withdrew 2 offers so am left with one on the table but still can't meet his demand of $3,800,000. I cycled through to the next day to make sure the offers I withdrew had time to "register" but still have the problem.

So I seem to be down to 1 draftee, I have a $5,000,000 budget for international amateurs but it won't let me sign the player for $3,800,000. Maybe the funds that I withdrew haven't been credited?

EDIT: In the Free Agent screen it says I've spent $6,400,000 so far that is invested in pending offers. I did, but withdrew all the offers but 1 so it does look like I'm not being credited with the cash when I withdraw an offer?

Last edited by panda234; 11-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

save before trying -- advance a day clear it out?

double check pending free agent offers screen (other post i replied to).
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #3
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Tried advancing a day, didn't work so advanced again and lost the player to another team. I didn't try saving the game but will try that if it happens again. No problem as I won the world series anyway by sweeping Cleveland.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i meant save before trying so you could go back.. crash, re-load will fall back to most recent save/autosave. --or restore a backup, but that takes significantly longer and grows based on size/age of league.

IAFA with a hard cap is a bit of luck when offering max money. personality and whatever other factors push them in a particular direction. either go for quantity over quality or drop a 5m early in hopes of a 2nd or 3rd chance on other high-cost IAFAs.

~doubling current offer on first day almost makes it a guaranteed signing *<5m or without hard cap <~4-5M-ish -- above that and you have to add a 1m-2m or more on top of "2x", if a sky-high demand. offering anything near what they are demanding on the first day is an almost guaranteed non-signing result. so, if minding your pennies, don't offer first day. if going for a 5m guy, do offer first day, unless some trick out there i don't know.

the early signings take ? 3days? it's the same initial 3-4 day eriod each year from first day of int'l signing. so you can safely wait at least ~3 days and still be able to offer on any player.

the benefit of offering after other teams have bid is there is a chance they have been underbid relative to their demand, and you can get them cheaper. that's really only important when going for quantity over quality.

if a similar rate to '18, you'll only see 1-2 superstars every 2-3 years, if that. some decent guys sprinkled in here and there... i think it's just hte RNG spitting out a poopey high-end player for that class. (go make "10 "legends or above average etc category of players to see what i mean by comparing what gets made -- lower and upper range of abilities)
Old 11-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Doubling current offer makes sense but what do you do when there is one FA you want to focus on and he is asking over $2.5 mil. You can't double it so just offer the $5 mil?
Old 11-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

2.5m may sign... anything above that with a hard cap comes down to all the other factors that are relevant -- which are those? well, i can only use common sense same as you.

basically, it's out of your hands at $5M. the personality and all the other factors will tilt the needle one way or another.

with a hard cap, sometimes quantity over quantity is a better path, but not always. if i really like a single player i'll splurge all on him for sure. otherwise i am looking to get 3-4 players each year, minimum. Even with no hard cap i do it this way. i'd rather selectively spend like a drunken sailor than just do it every other year...

i find basing my big spending upon the depth of IAFA class works well. the deeper the class, the more likey i am to spend on 1 that looks like a stud.

Doubling current offer is safe and easy... if penny-pinching, you want to take some risk with timing of offer... late enough for them to get low-bids but not too late that they get signed. the displayed demand and what they say in negotiations are not always teh same... it may say "2M" demand, but due to poor bids and time since IAFA began, the demand in the negotiation screen may be significantly lower than what is displayed. (or higher, for that matter)

Last edited by NoOne; 11-03-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #7
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Thx for the help. I've tried both selective spending and laying it all out. This draft there was a really good player I wanted to focused just on him and met his asking price of 3m. He raised it a few times then came back with this offer:

https://i.gyazo.com/cb7aab88ee688f10...26f052eec3.png

But when I click Ask for Response or Meet Demand nothing happens. I have 5m cap and he is the only player I am bidding on. I don't want to lose him. It says my previous offer was 5m so maybe it has been accepted?

EDIT: lost the player so it wasn't accepted.

Last edited by panda234; 11-05-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:41 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

with a hard cap, it simply comes down to how that player makes the choice.. i assume they related it to the personality values, but who knows for sure.

2+ teams bid 5M, it just looks at the variables and picks.. or possibly some randomness invovled too.

i'm not a fan of the hard cap, but there are abusive things you can do without one. every 2-3 years you can splurge when you see a deep IAFA class etc.

fyi, if they want 3m, just slap a 5M offer down immediately. don't nickel and dime, because it never works. save the time and effort and a quicker result so that you can slap another bid(s) down elsewhere.

or, if you want to risk losing and save some money hold off a bit, and do not bid early at all... if he remains on market, try 'offering' and see if the demand matches initial demand on that screen... e.g. orgianlly asks for 3m, but not asks for 2.2, you know you can get him for less, or you lose them without any skin in the game becaue you waited too long, lol.

how long? well, if you find a good answer to that pls post back