Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
KooPee
Bat Boy

FHM4 Historical Mode features

Hi, is there a definite list of new features in FHM4 Historical Mode?

Thank you in advance!
KooPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The biggest ones are:

-start date moved back to 1917-18
-early western leagues (PCHA, WCHL, WHL) are playable and will compete with the NHL for the Stanley Cup
-minor league affiliates added for all teams (no more reserve list)

In addition to that, there's been the usual assortment of minor changes, e.g. we updated a lot of the playoff systems to more accurate versions. And many of the new features - storylines, number retirements, Hall of Fame voting, etc. - are present in historical mode and some have historical-only aspects to them (e.g. storylines that can only occur in certain years/time periods.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
KooPee
Bat Boy

Thanks JeffR!

Minor league affiliations are superb new feature! Do affiliate teams change over the years or do they stay the same and is there a non-playable minor league where affiliates play? Also can affiliates have more than one NHL team?
KooPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

They change names to the actual affiliate each year, e.g. Vancouver's goes from Manitoba to Chicago to Utica in the 2000's. They're all in one nonplayable minor league. When there was a shared affiliate, there are two separate teams with the same name, e.g. both the Leafs and Hawks have an affiliate named the New Brunswick Hawks in 1981.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I know it's not exactly the right thread but I thought I'd save cluttering the forum by asking here:
I just did a season with the '92-'93 Canucks and draftees showed up in the unsigned prospects list instead of doing a draft. Did I need to check the 17 year old draft/signings box in the start-up options? Did I do something wrong? I played with the challenge mode enabled. I also couldn't sign free agents and trades were pretty much non-existent outside of a week or two before the deadline.

edit: I meant to ask, will real-life personnel be part of the plan for historical mode in future iterations? If so, do you have an approximate idea of when you hope to implement that by? I reckon it may be pretty tough to find all the necessary information beyond head coaches and owners, though I suppose those two are the only ones that really matter.

Last edited by Oyaji; 10-08-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Oyaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
I know it's not exactly the right thread but I thought I'd save cluttering the forum by asking here:
I just did a season with the '92-'93 Canucks and draftees showed up in the unsigned prospects list instead of doing a draft. Did I need to check the 17 year old draft/signings box in the start-up options? Did I do something wrong? I played with the challenge mode enabled. I also couldn't sign free agents and trades were pretty much non-existent outside of a week or two before the deadline.

edit: I meant to ask, will real-life personnel be part of the plan for historical mode in future iterations? If so, do you have an approximate idea of when you hope to implement that by? I reckon it may be pretty tough to find all the necessary information beyond head coaches and owners, though I suppose those two are the only ones that really matter.
Yes you had to check the box when you created the league or else the teams will automatically receive the players they have drafted IRL.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
Could you upload that save? Historical challenges are supposed to default to the 17 year old/draft option on, and I just tried one and it seemed to work properly, so I'm not sure why that happened to you. Uploading instructions are at: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...55&postcount=2

Quote:
I'm hoping next year, but I'm not 100% certain at this point. It's the next logical step for historical (aside from allowing user-editable league setups/manual expansion, which doesn't have the big research requirement real staff will.)
Old 10-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #8
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes, you would need to check that box for there to be a draft instead of them just popping up in your prospects

Also, Jeff he's talking about challenge mode that mode that replaced PtG it pops-up before you create the you in the game.
kexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Oh, right, Historical Challenge would be the 81-82 Canucks, I misread that. Yeah, most likely the draft checkbox wasn't ticked.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #10
mrcc2182
Bat Boy

Historical FA's

I just completed the 2011 season, an in FA Crosby, Malkin and Ovi were all available as UFA's amongst other high level players
mrcc2182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #11
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Draft checkbox was definitely not ticked, so that's why. I thought it was asking if they would get imported at 17 instead of 18, so I misunderstood its purpose.
Oyaji is offline   Reply With Quote