Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 07-13-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

AZAxle's All-Star Roster Overhaul

Hey All,

This is going to be my 2nd time doing this roster overhaul but first time posting it on the OOTP Forums. This "mod" can be downloaded from steam for automated updating or you can get it here and i'll try to update it as changes are made.

Disclaimer! The changes to the roster in this mod are purely personal opinion and may not garnish approval from all. While I do want your feedback please be aware that these changes are based on my perception of how players/teams are doing. Thanks!

So what has been changed?

-Over 150 players have had their ratings updated to Mid-July results. Players such as Jason Vargas, Ervin Santana, Aaron Judge, Zack Greinke, and many more will reflect up to date knowledge.
-Top 100 Prospects and Top Minors Rankings updated to reflect changes in rookies
-Optional BallPark Factors are included and can be used to further optimize your game. Manual installation of these is required. (instructions below)
-Ratings Weighting changed to 55/25/15/5
-I DO NOT update trades, suspensions, or injuries. So Quintana is still a white sock, Marte is still available to play, and Bumgarner is still active.

I will be sharing the mod via Google Drive so let me know if you can't use that. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...Wxhd3Y5d1FOX1k

How to Install-

Because I am sharing the quickstart folder you will need to copy the mod files to your ootp quickstart_games folder.

1-In your OOTP quickstart_games folder (mydocuments/out of the park developments/OOTP Baseball 18/quickstart_games) folder create a new folder you will put the mod into. (example.quick) Remember that OOTP will not show the quickstart unless you end the folder name in ".quick"
2-Download the Folders/Files shared here -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...Wxhd3Y5d1FOX1k
3-Copy the contents to your OOTP quickstart_games folder created in step 1.
4-Launch OOTP and select quickstart game.
5-Locate the name of the folder you created at step 1
6-Play Ball!

To Install My Ballpark Factors

1-Do steps 4 and 5 from above and launch your new save.
2-Navigate to any "Team Home Page"
3-Select the "Settings" Tab
4-Select "Edit Ballpark"
5-Click "Available Actions" and select "Auto-Import All Ballparks"
6-In the popup window use the up tab to navigate back one folder.
7-Click on "Axle'sStadiumFactors" folder
8-Hit "Select"

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post below. I'm more than happy to accommodate any changes as long as the argument is sound.

Last edited by Alex Murray; 07-13-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Alex Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks and why don't update Rosters to?
Old 07-17-2017, 12:40 AM   #3
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Well i'm still debating about that. The issue occurs when I decide what else would need to be updated if I get rosters up to the All-Star game.

Do I also need to do injuries? What injuries count or not (for example Bumgarner and Shelby Miller). Do we need to suspend Marte? I'd love to know if you guys want me to update the rosters alongside the ratings.

I just decided to leave the rosters as is...(may have moved Peralta and Adams though ) and let the CPU make their own trades.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #4
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Stats would take along time to do and Standings but can't Edit them but would help with up to date Injured List. Draft Picks on the Team that drafted them because wouldn't mess up this year's Draft in Game and some how get Historical/Fictional Guys in it for just for this year to replace the guys who on the team that drafted them.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:07 AM   #5
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Stats would take along time to do and Standings but can't Edit them but would help with up to date Injured List. Draft Picks on the Team that drafted them because wouldn't mess up this year's Draft in Game and some how get Historical/Fictional Guys in it for just for this year to replace the guys who on the team that drafted them.
Yeah in the end stats and standings I personally don't care about. If you ask anyone back in March who would lead the nl central they would have all said Cubs for sure. In terms of stats those only help me determine players performing better or worse for this year. I don't feel the need to update either of those. In terms of injuries I would probably only find players with greater than 1-2 month injuries and make them injured. At this point we are so far into the season that only a few injuries should be added. In terms of the draft picks that I would rather leave alone. They won't have an impact on Top 100 for at least a year (*in most cases) and they won't make it to the majors for years.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #6
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks and Out of Year guys at the most. If they did allow Edit Standings or did a Saved Game like 94 Strike season one then we would know who the sellers and buyers are. Also have fought about putting Gray,Frazier,Britton,Alsono and so on the block?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:54 AM   #7
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

Oh someone else thought about that too. Yay, I was pondering making a "trade block" of already established people who were eventually going to be offered up if the teams did poorly. Yes I do plan on adding that in an update.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:31 PM   #8
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks and Frazier was Traded yesterday.