Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #21
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
I'm an anal retentive chowderhead (according to my wife) who has tons of older mods on a dvd, and well, generally crams his logo/uni/ballpark folders full. As I have time, I'll be only too happy to add the things I've collected over the years.

Suggestion: Let's mark all the old mods with the version they work in, or take some time and convert them forward to work with the current versions of the game (or both).
sweet, if you need someplace to upload the files send me a PM

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #22
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

I had to change wiki software, the other one just didn't have proper user account creation controls so it was already becoming a spamwiki. but I have found one with a proper admin interface and 2013 levels of native security.

OOTP Community Wiki | HomePage

user creation passcode is 4 letters (no caps) that should be a no-brainer for any user of this community

while a bit more complicated overall, page creation is even more like a forum post, the editor box has buttons for the most common syntax, just like the full editor in the forum post

old wiki is gone, new wiki is up. I am going to have to redo all of the 3 whole pages that were done, but at lest we figured out that that software wasn't good enough quickly. this one is much nicer, it has way more features than we need, but just like ootp, you can just turn them off.

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-22-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #23
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
F I do wonder however if previous mod hosters ever worried about malware possibly being submitted and maybe that's why they never really wanted to automate the process because they felt stuff needed to be screened first.
security was a good call Q,

the old software was clearly a target for spam bots, so I set-up a re-direct from the old to the new so the bots could find it and see if it could take the fire. the attempted attack was as large as I have seen. the spillover onto the main corporatebaseball.com site listed as high as 186 bots at one time. but neither site showed a scratch. not a single successful user account creation. it was strange the bots couldn't seem to even find the registration page on the new wiki. but at least we know it at least as secure as a decently maintained on-line league site.

anyway, thanks for putting it on the top of my head. it saved me a potential headache

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-18-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #24
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

so I added a few pages & shared it with my online leagues. please feel free to pass it around
Quote:
Hey all, I have started a OOTP Community Wiki.

OOTP Community Wiki | OOTP Community Wiki

really I started it as a place for mod makers to make a page for all the mods that get uploaded. the mod sites are fine but you just get a fancy index of mods. it isn't very usable as the list of mods grow. a wiki is a sensible answer. then I was thinking abut all the online leagues around and how it is difficult to hare our champions and stories, and if a good league folds it's story is lost for ever. so you can just post your champions like I did for a league I am in http://corporatebaseball.com/ootpwiki/t ... all+League or the league members could go to town. or it could act like a yellow pages ad.

registration requires a passcode (ootp) to keep the bots out.

and I am looking for somebody(s) to help with the back end admin. It has a modern day admin interface, if you are comfortable with say phpbb or wordpress admin area then this is similar enough, I just need a second set of eyes on the initial set-up (and to maybe help me figure out why the editors work in chrome and firefox but not ie) then maybe just run and maintain a back-up once a month or so.
I will get around to a wider announcement, but I have to think about the wording and what not. and as I said t has been a bad anxiety week and written communication is the first thing to go...

Old 01-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #25
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-21-2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: double post
Old 01-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #26
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

now has facebook login/register for those that want it

Old 01-21-2014, 12:52 AM   #27
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

the facebook login was wonky and I decided the benefits were not worth the time I would need to spend to get it right. so I ditched it.

the image and file galleries are working properly now... mostly. I still have not gotten them to work from the wiki page editor. you have to upload the file to a gallery then copy the code it gives you to the page. (but it does give you the wiki code, so it is easy)

I am going to need some help in solving the page editor issue, it's above my current abilities. but having to upload the file first isn't huge issue I suppose

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-21-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:08 AM   #28
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

nevermind, I just fixed the attachment on the page. I had a random / in the admin settings.

page attachments now work!!!!

http://corporatebaseball.com/ootpwik...gue%20Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-21-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #29
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

File gallery now works via drag-n-drop (choose finder view to activate) & so does the unzip feature, but I might disable that for all but well known users at some point, if possible, but it's useful at the moment for those who may want to bulk upload logos or something

logos and the like have never been easier to share...
http://ootpwiki.corporatebaseball.co...=7&view=browse

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-22-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 AM   #30
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

that's strange, it shows up on my forum

this one must not like the address that the wiki gives.. hmmm

http://ootpwiki.corporatebaseball.co....php?fileId=22

EDIT: oh wait, now it's working, it was just a bit slow I guess.

never-mind then, all is well

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-22-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #31
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

I was getting checkbox eyes, so I took a day off, but I do have an update.

Quote:
I will edit this post with know issues and fixed/added features.

page/post editor buttons don't work properly in IE11

the WYSIWYG editor doesn't work. if turned on it gets stuck on a "loading" message. i have no clue where to even start on that so it's just off for now.

the facebook login was wonky and I decided the benefits were not worth the time I would need to spend to get it right. so I ditched it.

the slideshow/popup for images doesn't seem to handle transparent layers very well

some of these may be from it being a 12.0 release, or it's something we'll have to figure out as we go along. the first 2 are the only real concerns of mine at the moment

i want to turn on the work-space feature, so all of the OOTP communities can participate but still keep things organized and useful, but it creates a lot of option boxes to be gone through so i am working my way there
I am currently working on getting it set-up so the whole ootp community (the boxing guys, the hockey guys, the iootp people) can use the same resource without tripping over each other. it can be done witht the software, I just have to figure out the best way to set it up.

there are 2 of us from my league in what we'll call administrative/leadership roles, we really would like a third from outside the group for input on mission statement and other light administrative type work. (to be honest I wouldn't mind a bit of help with the set-up but I can work through it myself given enough time) after it is set-up the CLB can deal with day-to-day type things easily enough but we would really rather not dictate anything more than general parameters based on available resources, we would like the community to have as much (if not more) input as we do.

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-25-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:52 AM   #32
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

the wiki gallery now has activated svg-edit. browser based image editing

code.google.com/p/svg-edit/

Quote:
SVG-edit is an online vector graphics editor that uses only JavaScript, HTML5, CSS and SVG (i.e. no server-side functionality). SVG-edit has the following features:

•Free-hand drawing
•Lines, Polylines
•Rects/Squares
•Ellipses/Circles
•Polygons/Curved Paths
•Stylable Text
•Raster Images
•Select/move/resize/rotate
•Undo/Redo
•Color/Gradient picker
•Group/ungroup
•Align
•Zoom
•Layers
•Convert Shapes to Path
•Wireframe Mode
•Save drawing to SVG
•Linear Gradient Picking
•View and Edit SVG Source
•UI Localization
•Resizable Canvas
•Change Background
•Draggable Dialogs
•Resizable UI (SVG icons)
•Open Local Files
•Import SVG into Drawing
•Connector lines and Arrows
•Plugin Architecture
•Smoother freehand paths
•Editing outside the canvas
•Increased support for SVG elements
•Add/edit Sub-paths
•Multiple path segment selection
•Support for foreign markup (MathML)
•Radial Gradients
•Configurable Options
•Eye-dropper tool
•Stroke linejoin and linecap
Export to PNG

Last edited by jazzrack; 01-26-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #33
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

File sizes

Jazzrack, I've currently got about 50 stadium pix that exceed the max upload allowed. Suggestions?

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #34
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jazzrack, I've currently got about 50 stadium pix that exceed the max upload allowed. Suggestions?
they exceed the size limit? I can backdoor them in if you would like to zip them up and put them someplace I can get them. I can make an FTP account to my home server for you if you need one.

and as a general note. I have not been feeling very well (went to the Dr. Monday, still post concussion syndrome) and some plumbing issues have been taking up my time, but the wiki is functional and doesn't need me to operate day-to day.

anyway the other day I made a couple videos on how to use the wiki. I wasn't feeling well so I have had better attempts at videos. i'll probably remake them when I get a chance

OOTP Community Wiki | Using the wiki file gallery - video

OOTP Community Wiki | Creating a wiki page - video

and I would also like to point out that the wiki is not in competition with something like OOTPmods, the mods site is for OOTPbaseball and is an index of mod files. the wiki is for for the whole OOTP community, boxing, hockey & now football as well (I just have not offered it up yet while I work out any major kinks) and is centered around information and community sharing.

when I am feeling a bit better I may try and get with CH of ootpmods and see if we can help each other. but communication is difficult for me and frustrating for those that must deal with me right now so it is probably not the best time

Last edited by jazzrack; 02-05-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #35
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Uploads

I'd love that. Whenever its convenient for you, I'll be ready.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #36
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd love that. Whenever its convenient for you, I'll be ready.
i'll set up and ftp account for you first chance I get, I am multi-tasking this morning but my afternoon is empty so i'll probably PM you the info then.

I have ...bribed... my college student son (hey, you want your cell phone & car insurance to continue to be paid?) into picking up most of the back-end stuff and getting the rest of the kinks worked out. this will give me the time I have been spending on that to work on content and making it useful to the larger OOTP community.

he is a student, and his time comes in chunks, but he is young and smart and I am an old fart, so it should be better this way.

Last edited by jazzrack; 02-07-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #37
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

me and the kid have been banging our heads together on the slowness of the wiki, so we are going to try it on a dedicated home server rather than a paid shared server.

I almost have the back-up machine ready (just for your info, I set up a back-up box first get it working the way I want, then get the regular one set-up based off that, then shove the back-up into a cabinet in the off chance I need it) so sometime in the next couple days the wiki will go into maintenance mode while we copy it over and test it on the new server. it's just a MySQL database installation so shouldn't take but half a day at most, but one never knows what can happen with these things

we are pretty sure that it will improve the speed of the website & gives us some added flexibility. While I can't give some 99.9% uptime guarantee I bet I can get over 99 & my home network is plenty robust for the likely traffic & if it somehow grows to a point where it is a concern I am sure the community will have a solution.

and if something goes wrong or the site performance doesn't improve we just take the current installation off of maintenance mode, nothing is lost but a few hours work

Last edited by jazzrack; 02-10-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #38
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

update.

testing is going well, back-up box is finished, we are now working on getting the live box up and running. so sometime tomorrow night would be my guess on when we'll switch over.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #39
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

finally had some luck with production server, we must have had beginners luck on the back-up. but we have now done it a number of times so we are fairly comfortable.

anyway. site is now down for "maintenance" until the switch is complete. in theory it should only take a couple solid hours, but we don't have a couple solid hours and things can go wrong.... give me a day or so.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #40
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

hey all, just wanted to let you all know I have not gone away or forgotten. we ran into technical difficulty then I ran into a time-crunch and more important things required my time. we think we know what our issues were so we are giving it another shot this weekend. if not we'll just go back.